Automap Sprites Do Not Support Renderstyles

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

Automap Sprites Do Not Support Renderstyles

Postby Kinsie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:07 am

Somewhat self-explanatory.

The Pinky is actually a Spectre, using the traditional OptFuzzy renderstyle.
The blood splats use the Shaded renderstyle with a StencilColor property to emulate decals.
The "shadows" on the lamps are actually a light-glow effect that uses the Add renderstyle.

I have no awareness of how the Automap does things under the hood or the difficulty one may face in implementing such things, and it's only really visible when using the IDDT cheat, but I'm sure support for such things wouldn't go unappreciated by the people using that setting.

EDIT: For a good demo of the issue, check out Rachael and Leodoom85's Renderstyle Preview Map.
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: Automap Sprites Do Not Support Renderstyles

Postby Graf Zahl » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:11 am

This is simply missing - or even intentional, I don't know because I haven't written the code and normally do not use the feature, because fuzzy stuff may be hard to make out on the automap.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom Developer
Lead GZDoom Developer

Re: Automap Sprites Do Not Support Renderstyles

Postby Xaser » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:22 pm

Isn't the entire point of a Spectre that it's hard to make out? :P
Xaser
anarchivist

Return to Bugs