Fast Projectiles are not reflected

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!
Zan

Fast Projectiles are not reflected

Post by Zan »

Projectile actors who inherit : Fast Projectile do not seem to get reflected by actors who have +REFLECTIVE flag. Major Cooke said they shouldn't act like this, so I may have stumbled upon a bug.
I tried combining the +REFLECTIVE flag with +SHIELDREFLECT and +DEFLECT, and I get the same behavior, the fast projectile dies instead of being reflected like a normal projectile would.

Is it a bug or is it intended to work like this?
Thanks!
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Fast Projectiles are not reflected

Post by Graf Zahl »

The FastProjectile is lacking several checks in the regular movement code. This is not easily added without a lot of code duplication and performance impact.
Ichor

Re: Fast Projectiles are not reflected

Post by Ichor »

This has been like this since the beginning. Try shooting the sapphire wand at a heresiarch with his shield up in Chocolate Hexen. You'd think it would bounce off, but no. It may not make the most sense logically, it's still expected behavior.

Return to “Bugs [GZDoom]”