Axeblood appears to have no target with +PUFFGETSOWNER

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Fused

Axeblood appears to have no target with +PUFFGETSOWNER

Post by Fused »

I wasn't sure whether to call this a bug or to request this feature as other blood does have this, but weapons that have +WEAPON.AXEBLOOD are supposed to call an axeblood actor instead of regular blood; https://zdoom.org/wiki/Classes:AxeBlood

While all of this works, it appears axeblood does not have a target pointer set, while regular blood does. This is problematic in my mod, where zombies have green blood over red blood for humans. This only works with regular blood, while the code is identical. I do need axeblood to simulate more blood.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Axeblood appears to have no target with +PUFFGETSOWNER

Post by Graf Zahl »

The code actually sets it, even without the PUFFGETSOWNER flag. You will have to provide a runnable example where you think something doesn't work.
Fused

Post by Fused »

Graf Zahl wrote:The code actually sets it, even without the PUFFGETSOWNER flag. You will have to provide a runnable example where you think something doesn't work.
Oops. I forgot to provide the example wad I made back when I reported it on Zandronum.
https://zandronum.com/tracker/file_down ... 2&type=bug
Go to the map DEBUG, and have bots walk over the stimpacks. Then simply shoot them with any doom 2 weapon to notice green blood. Then give yourself the shotgun2 weapon, and shoot again. Notice how it's red blood now. It should be green.
The first two actors in there are all that are needed to be checked. NewBlood is spawned by normal weapons, while MoreBlood is spawned by weapons with the +WEAPON.AXEBLOOD flag. As you see, they are identical basically, apart from a bit more blood spawn with the latter.

I should mention that I need this fixed in order for it to be backported into Zandronum.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

From actors/effects/blood.dec

Code: Select all

actor MoreBlood : Blood
{
	// <...>
	States
	{
		Spawn:
			// <...>
			TNT1 A 0 A_JumpIfInTargetInventory("IsZombie", 1, 2)
			TNT1 AAA 0 A_SpawnItem("BloodSpawner")
			stop
			TNT1 AAA 0 A_SpawnItem("ZombieBloodSpawner")
			stop
	}
}
Please check A_JumpIfInTargetInventory's offset and compare it to the next state definition. It should be TNT1 A 0 ... but not TNT1 AAA 0 ... there.
Fused

Post by Fused »

Wow, I made this mistake years ago and never noticed it. Thank you for the help!

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”