Clicking on GZDoom can disable mouse cursor globally

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: Clicking on GZDoom can disable mouse cursor globally

Post by Rachael »

About the borderless window: I might have a solution for Linux for that, when I have some time. QEMU does it, so I might be able to loot some code from that to perform the same trick on Linux that I do on Windows.

When that happens, Mac will be the only platform without it. (Curse Apple for making Mac OS only work on Mac hardware - at least, without a significant amount of work and dedication that I really have no interest in)
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

Rachael wrote:When that happens, Mac will be the only platform without it. (Curse Apple for making Mac OS only work on Mac hardware - at least, without a significant amount of work and dedication that I really have no interest in)
Is it about borderless window? Mac version has it and this is the only option for fullscreen on this platform. True fullscreen is so crappy that even Apple recommends to avoid it since ~2010.
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

That's the same on all 3 platforms. I think what Graf is advocating for is a complete removal of the "fullscreen" mode, i.e. not having a mode change, and not having the application change its behaviour at all versus Windowed mode, other than possibly (?) minimizing itself when losing focus.
Kotti

Post by Kotti »

The main problem on Windows with an in-game mode change is that it requires a complete teardown of all video resources and rebuilding them afterward. And that's already causing some problems.
_mental_ wrote:True fullscreen is so crappy that even Apple recommends to avoid it since ~2010.
For once I agree with Apple. Thast applies even on Windows.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I'm closing this because I honestly have no idea what to do here.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”