Maps that need compatibility settings.

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Maps that need compatibility settings.

Post by Graf Zahl »

I'd say change it - but only for MF_SPECIAL items.
I noticed this problem in Hexen, too, but never bothered to track it down.
This clearly got consolidated with other code where the different handling was crucial, but for item pickups it's clearly not correct.
_mental_

Post by _mental_ »

To be sure that I got the idea right, here is my PR.
Gez

Post by Gez »

Looks fine.

Post by Guest »

https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/theme ... s/vltnight
BA1288DF7A7AD637948825EA87E18728 // vltnight.zip:vltnight.wad map02

Valletta's Doom Nightmare: MAP02 has a locked door with a backwards linedef, so it doesn't open from that side. Now that FlipLine finally exists, this line can be fixed without having to replace the entire map.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Hello, I have recently encountered a pretty strange issue while I was playing with my HXRTC Project randomizer mod on Community Chest 2 under latest release of GZDoom, currently at this moment 4.2.4a version...

After arriving to the big hellish marble area of MAP07: To Hell and Back (North-East corner in GZDoom automap) for getting the Red Skull Key, and once the Mancubus and Arachnotron monster-types showdown is over, the teleporting-exit passage opens like expected, but the bridge that allows arriving you to the exit passage doesn't rise at all. What happened? I have never faced this on my past games with the CC2 megawad... :?

But curiously, and after making some tests, seems I've detected the reason why this happens. The use of the console cheat command KILL MONSTERS effectively raises the aforementioned bridge to exit. So the problem must come from the Arachnotron-derivated monsters... then I enter into automap mode and use the IDDT cheat twice for viewing all the map elements... and voilá! There are a couple of Arachnorbs stucked in their teleport-ambush lair (hidden area at North of map) which seems the fast scroll floor hasn't taken them into the big marble area... Is this because they are floating monsters and scrollers don't affect them?

If answer is positive, is there any solution to apply for this? Now that I think, probably some other monster randomizers may get affected by this issue...

Thanks in advance for your attention!
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Hexereticdoom wrote: Is this because they are floating monsters and scrollers don't affect them?
Correct.
Hexereticdoom wrote: If answer is positive, is there any solution to apply for this? Now that I think, probably some other monster randomizers may get affected by this issue...
Aside from not playing with mods that alter the monsters in a way that makes them incompatible with what the map expects - no.
Hexereticdoom
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Hexereticdoom »

Graf Zahl wrote:
Hexereticdoom wrote: Is this because they are floating monsters and scrollers don't affect them?
Correct.
Hexereticdoom wrote: If answer is positive, is there any solution to apply for this? Now that I think, probably some other monster randomizers may get affected by this issue...
Aside from not playing with mods that alter the monsters in a way that makes them incompatible with what the map expects - no.
OK, I see, then it's just what I suspected... But it's good to know it, too. In fact, I'm working around again on the mod at this moment to update it and resolve the aforementioned issue in an effective way for avoiding that map-breaking. I guess I'll finish it in a matter of few hours...

Thank you for your answer! 8-)
m8f

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Manjaro Linux

Post by m8f »

Alien Vendetta MAP11, waist-deep water:

official version map checksum: BCCD19190CA9BA14A4469617AE7909A8 // 1AV.WAD map11
Lexicon version is affected too: 620DE0E7CCC48BC7923378F215B06F7A // Lexicon-beta-build-137.pk3 av11
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Alien Vendetta contains quite a few render hacks that cannot work with hardware rendering. Just have a look at the code for MAP01 fixing a comparable setup.
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

REKKR

Code: Select all

-iwad DOOM.wad -file REKKR.wad -nomonsters +map e1m3 "+warp -652 1009"
Expected behaviour (as per Chocolate Doom, as Rekkr is vanilla compatible):

GZDoom behaviour:
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

The door does open but the entire setup is very volatile, it depends on alerting an actor in a hidden room so if you do not shoot in the area where this can be done, the door won't open.
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

Graf Zahl wrote:The door does open but the entire setup is very volatile, it depends on alerting an actor in a hidden room so if you do not shoot in the area where this can be done, the door won't open.
No matter how many rounds I fire, I can't get the door to open in GZDoom whilst I can do so in Crispy. Using GZdoom 4.3.3 and the latest version of Rekkr

(Actually, are you using Rekkr 1.16? E1M3 was changed a lot in the last update)
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

I used the version in my play directory. No idea how old it is.
Grizzly

Post by Grizzly »

So I'm a bit at a loss here, because on one hand: This broke in a more recent update but on the other hand: This works in vanilla doom and as such should work on GZDoom?
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

The entire setup for this is one incredible hack. Like I said, it works in the older version I tested with. Where can I find the one it DOESN'T work with?

Return to “Bugs [GZDoom]”