[X360 controller] Always look up even with high dead zone

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.

[X360 controller] Always look up even with high dead zone

Post by Guest »

Hi,

i'm trying to use my X360 controller with GZDoom but seems that the game has a problem of sensitivity with it. When i enable it on the config menu, when i go ingame the character will always look up and move foward. I've changed the sensitivity and the dead zone settings on the menu but no change. I've tested 2 different x360 controller, one wired and one wireless. They both work fine on other games (QuakeSpasm, various steam games...).

I'm using the latest GZdoom 3.2.3 on Linux Manjaro up to date (Kernel 4.13.16, mesa 1.7.2.6).

Thanks! :D
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [X360 controller] Always look up even with high dead zon

Post by Rachael »

Unfortunately there are not many developers on Linux who have actual XBox controllers. This may require an external submission to fix.
Marisa the Magician
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her
Operating System Version (Optional): (btw I use) Arch
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [X360 controller] Always look up even with high dead zon

Post by Marisa the Magician »

I've had this problem too. It's because of the way axes are ordered. It goes something like this: left stick x, left stick y, left analog trigger, right stick x, right stick y, right analog trigger. Usually other games account for this.

The joystick configuration menu should let you rebind the axes to their correct functions, anyway.

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”