3d floor with inverted shootability

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!
illuknisaa

3d floor with inverted shootability

Post by illuknisaa »

If you make a solid 3d floor with inverted shootability rules projectiles (eg. imp fireballs) wont go through the floor and hitscanners are unable to target properly. Inverted visibility rules also have strange behavior. If the player is outside of the 3d floor (but so that line of sight to monsters is blocked) monsters can see the player through the floor but if the player go below the 3d floor monster some how are unable to see the player.

Is there a way to fix this behavior?

wad demonstrating this:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/u3bwama2u ... ortest.wad

I'm trying to make a 3d floor that monsters and players can shoot through so if you have any hacky workarounds I'd be happy to hear them.
Gez

Re: 3d floor with inverted shootability

Post by Gez »

Yes, it seems projectiles collide with the floor. Explosions still pass through (so a rocket will impact with the floor, but its blast damage will hurt or kill enemies on the other side just fine). Hitscans go through just fine, however. When I flew against the ceiling, the revenant could also punch me, but when outside of melee range it never tried to attack.

Return to “Bugs [GZDoom]”