New Bug Tracking System Installed (Defunct)

Here, developers communicate stuff that does not go onto the main News section or the front page of the site.
[Dev Blog] [Development Builds] [Git Change Log] [GZDoom Github Repo]

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

sonic_HD87

Re: New Bug Tracking System Installed

Post by sonic_HD87 »

I'm glad that registration is piss-off easy, i have some QZDoom glitches to report:

Even if i fix the link (by removing the HTML tags) on it, this happends:

I had to copy the whole HTML stuff and create a .html file and open it with the browser to fix it...
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Sorry. Until I have some clue as to what messed up the email system, this is what we have. >_<
3371-Alpha

Post by 3371-Alpha »

Does this new bug tracker use the same account management system as our forums or do we need to create a new account?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

For now, you need to create a new account. Getting it working was more important at the time than getting all the extensions in order to support a smoother integration. (That is why it currently uses the default white/gray/blue color scheme instead of darkening to more zdoom-like colors - that, and MantisBT changed the system completely in 2.0.0)
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Did we ever figure out how to disable the "New account registered" emails? If not, I can always create a GMail filter that deletes them on sight.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

No - unfortunately to do that it seems I have to disable the email system entirely - and then it's not possible to create new accounts.

What you can do, though, is create a fake email address, change your email to it, and then forget about it afterward. (I'd save the email credentials just in case you ever have to recover your account, though)

I don't know what level you have to be to get those emails, but it seems to be a curse for any administrator.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

For what it's worth, GMail's filter system is sophisticated enough that I can tell it to find any messages from noreply@zdoom.org that contain the word "registration", mark them as Read, and trash them.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Fair enough. :)
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

I think it's pathetic that this most pointless notification cannot be switched off. I want to see a notification for a new report but what do I care that a new user has registered? This should be reported as a bug to Mantis, although I think if the problem is still present after so many years, they are simply too dense to see it as a problem.
Alekv

mantis split 1

Post by Alekv »

in the latest version GZDoom-GPL it does not work correctly ChangeLevel, and maybe something else..
in normal GZDoom, levels change normally.

As well as the latest versions of gzdoom very tough bugs, my game does not work correctly on versions: gzdoom-g2.4pre-186-g0376c8b.7z

that would test, run the demo game Forest adventure on the latest builds and gzdoom gzdoom-gpl

I write about this bugs here(zdoom), because I can not write on this site:
https://mantis.zdoom.org/view_all_bug_p ... oject_id=0
Nash

mantis split 2

Post by Nash »

Alekv wrote: I write about this bugs here(zdoom), because I can not write on this site:
You have to make formal and proper bug reports, otherwise nothing will get done. Just make an account on the Mantis board, upload EASILY RUNNABLE WADs or demos for the programmers to quickly verify your problem. Help them help you. :D
Cherepoc

Re: GZDoom-GPL (game engine for indies) - ZScript added!

Post by Cherepoc »

Nash wrote:
Alekv wrote: I write about this bugs here(zdoom), because I can not write on this site:
You have to make formal and proper bug reports, otherwise nothing will get done. Just make an account on the Mantis board, upload EASILY RUNNABLE WADs or demos for the programmers to quickly verify your problem. Help them help you. :D
Not everyone can register there right now because of broken verification links.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Copy the email into an HTML file and then open it in your browser.

MantisBT broke it, it's a known issue that they haven't fixed for years. This also didn't become a problem until I started customizing the tracker for ZDoom - and I really have no idea what broke it - and there's no easy way to trigger email notifications without bothering the living hell out of every other administrator that's registered on it. It seems like the changes I made to the configuration to make sure it doesn't appear as spam every time you get it is what caused it.
Cherepoc

Post by Cherepoc »

Eruanna wrote:Copy the email into an HTML file and then open it in your browser.
Or copy the link and use html decoder. That's what I wrote on russian forums, so I hope he'll register.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Either works. One way or another, get it to show the proper HTML for the message.

Return to “Developer Blog”