Can't move when firing weapon.

Bugs that have been investigated and resolved somehow.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please don't bump threads here if you have a problem - it will often be forgotten about if you do. Instead, make a new thread here.

Can't move when firing weapon.

Post by Guest »

This just showed up recently and have no idea why or how to fix but if your firing any weapon, during firing you can't move any direction. Stop and all is fine again. Anyone have this issue?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Can't move when firing weapon.

Post by wildweasel »

What kind of input device are you using? If it is a laptop touchpad, does your laptop touchpad driver have some form of "palm rejection" feature to prevent the pad from being used while typing and vice-versa?
golfman60

Post by golfman60 »

Just using standard keyboard on a desktop!
Rachael
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Rachael »

Does this happen in other games? ie Quake, Half-Life 2?
golfman60

Post by golfman60 »

Don't know, don't play them.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

golfman60 wrote:Don't know, don't play them.
That is not at all helpful, since this question is about whether this is a hardware/driver problem or a problem with GZDoom, itself.

I am going to assume the former, and am closing this topic based on that.
golfman60

Post by golfman60 »

Not sure why you feel you need to close this topic, all I did was answer your question as best I could. Sorry if you feel I offended you.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I am not offended. This is a very common problem with laptops and honestly I don't really know how to fix it because it's different for every manufacturer's implementation. I think it's an option in your trackpad config. Sorry for my tone, this post likely came after responding to a thread from a rather notorious user on this forum who tests my patience sometimes. That doesn't excuse it, but at least now you know.

Anyway, there's no way to pin the issue down to anything else without other games being present on the system. When a developer asks you such a question, they are inviting you to try other games even if you don't normally play them. I think what would've happened is the same thing as what happened in GZDoom - and inevitably the same closure would have occurred. We cannot fix driver issues from GZDoom - this is something you have to do on your own, unfortunately.
golfman60

Post by golfman60 »

No problem but this is a desktop computer system. I'll try some of the other games and see if all is the same.
Thanks

Return to “Closed Bugs [GZDoom]”