Shroud

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Shroud

Postby Rekkimaru » Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:17 am

This is my first visit here and first post I've ever made although I've been lurkin here for some time now.
"Shroud" is a game that first started off as a Unity project half a year ago but switched to GZDoom since i was playing around with modding in the past and always wanted to create a full game with it.

So what is this game? It's a classic FPS with mix of things that inspired me as a kid, and that being games like "Hexen", "Blood", "Quake", "Turok", but also some old fantasy/RPG/Dungeon crawler games that had a huge impact on me.

In short the game's story is about are main hero being accidentally warped through a portal gate as a child into this outwordlish realm, fighting for survival. As the years go on our hero changes from being unted to being a hunter. Discovering ruins and technology from a long gone civilization, now overrun by hostile creatures, our protagonist finds an old, inactive portal gate.
Now she's on a hunt to find the missing artifacts that will activate the gate in hope that it will send her back home.

The game is still in early development, although I've been posting updated on my Twitter for some time now i will also use this thread for anyone interested.
I'm also developing this game on my own, so while stable, the updates might not be so frequent, as it's hard to balance the game's development and my regular job.
More to come soon!

Last edited by Rekkimaru on Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rekkimaru

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8 32-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Shroud

Postby Gez » Fri Jun 24, 2022 10:30 am

That looks nice! Don't have much to say, but I'll follow your progress.

Those screenshots definitely nailed the aesthetics of the Quake/Turok early 3D era.
Gez

Postby Redneckerz » Fri Jun 24, 2022 2:08 pm

Quake meets Turok meets Unreal prototype. It looks amazing.

It also reminded me of Effigy.
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Rudiarius » Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:18 pm

looks fantastic bro :oops:
Rudiarius

Postby CyberneticPhantom » Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:07 pm

This looks sick man, definitely going to be keeping an eye on it. I really like the aesthetic you have going here and the dual weapons look really good too
CyberneticPhantom

Discord: CyberneticPhantom#6387

Postby Dynamo » Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:18 am

Looks interesting! It definitely does give off "unreal prototype" energies. Would've been nice to show one more weapon or two on the screenshots. :wink:
Dynamo
Gecko on the run

Postby Captain J » Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:37 am

I dig every single design of your project. Unreal esq, but with Quake 1 vibe!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Rekkimaru » Mon Jun 27, 2022 10:56 am

Thank you!
I'm still trying to find ways around the 3D limitations (like the sharp 45 degree turning of the models), but unfortunately making low poly 3D stuff is kinda my thing more than making sprites.
Yep, expect a showcase of some weapons, monsters and locations in motion soon.
Rekkimaru

Postby Rekkimaru » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:54 pm

Here's a little comparison of me experimenting with pre-rendered sprites vs 3D models.
Rekkimaru

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects