Page 3 of 5

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Posted: Thu Jun 09, 2022 9:50 am
by lucker42
OfficialYeen wrote:Danger level is set to 1 and extra dl per map is set to 0.
Then maybe it's the boot rule in the ZDL – If you run the game through the DoomRPG Launcher problem remains?

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 12:37 am
by OfficialYeen
No luck with the DoomRPG Launcher, either. Setting the difficulty to adaptive on the launcher still only spawns armageddon enemies. I have all of the correct paths set up because everything else in DRPG and RLA works just fine, it's still just the monster spawns. I'm using version 1.0.3 from the link in GitHib.

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:45 am
by lucker42
OfficialYeen wrote:No luck with the DoomRPG Launcher, either. Setting the difficulty to adaptive on the launcher still only spawns armageddon enemies. I have all of the correct paths set up because everything else in DRPG and RLA works just fine, it's still just the monster spawns. I'm using version 1.0.3 from the link in GitHib.
In that case, I'd like to try to look at it myself. Are you able to download your version of the game on google disk?

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Posted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 6:31 pm
by OfficialYeen
I don't know what the problem was, but I got it fixed. I decided last minute to try doing everything fresh; new GZD install, fresh download of all of the mods, etc., and that seemed to have worked.

I guess I did accidentally break something at some point, but what that was or how I did it is a mystery to me lol.

If you'd like me to, I still have the previous files I was using that I could upload to Google drive if you want to look through them and see if something is out of place.

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Posted: Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:26 am
by lucker42
OfficialYeen wrote:I don't know what the problem was, but I got it fixed. I decided last minute to try doing everything fresh; new GZD install, fresh download of all of the mods, etc., and that seemed to have worked.

I guess I did accidentally break something at some point, but what that was or how I did it is a mystery to me lol.

If you'd like me to, I still have the previous files I was using that I could upload to Google drive if you want to look through them and see if something is out of place.
Apparently the problem was due to improper installation. In that case, I don't see the point in considering it.

I suggest that we return to this in case the problem occurs again.

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Posted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:36 am
by lucker42
Update 1.29b:
- the mechanics of turret's autoreload have been redesigned. Now the turret always replenishes the ammo;
- now at the outpost turret charges the battery, fixes and upgrades faster (to save time);
- the cost of charging, repairing and upgrading turrets has been rebalanced. Also changed the principle of withdrawal of credits for this;
- added the dependence of the rarity of items appearing for shop special (now the rarer items appear in a later stage of the game);
- the cost of maintance turrets is now halved if the player is in an outpost;
- now in Toasted Mod the turret laser does not appear (this improves performance);
- "Natural Stats Leveling" system rebalance;
- others minor balance changes.

The last buld can be downloading from the link in the top thread.

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Posted: Sat Jun 25, 2022 6:58 am
by lucker42
Update 1.29c:
- added the ability to use the turret from the AUG battery (look for the appropriate upgrade in the turret modules);
- when a turret is used from an AUG battery, the flow rate will be calculated according to the learned turret upgrades;
- the "Battery Capacity" turret upgrade now also reduces consumption if the turret is used from an AUG battery.

The last buld can be downloading from the link in the top thread.

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Posted: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:17 pm
by Armage
Hi! First of all, this mod is really amazing!

My most favorite mod. I like RPG games and play Doom like a RPG and Roguelike, with DoomRLA mod is really good.

My question here is if you can make DoomRPG Rebalance compatible with Doom Compendium, together Lexicon and Wadsmoosh (already compatible with other), to expand the wad map count?

Maybe is already compatible, but i need to enter with console command to access the maps from Compendium. Will be very nice!

So is possible i use Doom Compendium together Lexicon and Wadsmoosh?

Thanks for your attention and waiting for your response.

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:30 am
by lucker42
Thanks for the feedback!

I think I can make Compendium compatible with DoomRPG Rebalance in the near future.

However, I can't guarantee that Lexicon + Compendium will work simultaneously, there are suspicions that the numbering and naming of map's content may overlap (example textures). But it's not certain.

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Posted: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:02 pm
by Armage
Oh, ok, i understand. Will be cool have many wads working together ;)

2 questions:

About Corruption Cards, you recommend use with DoomRPG?
And with each update, i can save my char with save char option on DoomRPG and reload in a new game?

EDIT: I tested Corruption Cards with this mod here, and works fine, but very slow in DoomRPG, on my old notebook.
And i tested Doom Compendium and works fine. I only need to enter with console command to access the wads. For example, Memento Mori map 1 is "changemap mm101".

Thanks and continue with your good work :)

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:48 am
by lucker42
Update 1.29d:
- added Compendium compatibility;
- now valuable loot (for quests) will not appear at the start spot of the map - to eliminate abuse.

The last buld can be downloading from the link in the top thread.

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:17 am
by Armage
Wow wow, so fast! I mentioned the Doom Compendium and you added in your mod o.O !

I'm very hyped, i want see this!

EDIT: Important, what is the load order with Compendium and compenplay, before or after Lexicon?
EDIT 2: I tested here and oh, have conflicts :/ ! Both can't work together? In the version before this, i put both to work together, but via console command.

Thanks and continue with your very good work :D

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Posted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 12:18 pm
by lucker42
Armage wrote: EDIT: Important, what is the load order with Compendium and compenplay, before or after Lexicon?
I have tried running before and after Lexicon, I have no problem. In any case, it has to be tested.
Armage wrote: EDIT 2: I tested here and oh, have conflicts :/ ! Both can't work together? In the version before this, i put both to work together, but via console command.
Yes, I had to separate them, because the teleport script turns off when it has more than 90 wads. I'll try to do something about that in the next update, so you can run them together.

EDIT: Update 1.29d Fix 1:
– now can run Lexicon and Compendium at the same time.

The last buld can be downloading from the link in the top thread.

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:27 am
by Armage
Wow, you are very fast o.O

Congratulations, i tested this hotfix and works fine :) ! Really thanks, i appreciate so much :D

135 map packs working together, haha, Wadsmoosh, Lexicon and Compendium, in my top favorite of all Doom mods.

I have one question about DoomRPG and another about GZDoom.

1- Why some errors in yellow and red appear in start on GZDoom (i'm using LZDoom, because my old notebook)? For example, "actor" blah blah blah, or "duplicate" this and this, or don't recognize "mana" in DoomRLA monster.
This errors are important?

2- In DoomRPG, i tested the default options and i see some nightmare monsters appearing in the first map of Doom 1, but i'm playing in Adaptive.
You recommend i follow this guide: https://doom-rpg-rla.fandom.com/wiki/Monster ?

Congratulations again and continue with your very good work ;D

Re: DoomRPG Rebalance [DoomRPG + DoomRLA build]

Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:14 am
by lucker42
Armage wrote: 1- Why some errors in yellow and red appear in start on GZDoom (i'm using LZDoom, because my old notebook)? For example, "actor" blah blah blah, or "duplicate" this and this, or don't recognize "mana" in DoomRLA monster.
This errors are important?

2- In DoomRPG, i tested the default options and i see some nightmare monsters appearing in the first map of Doom 1, but i'm playing in Adaptive.
You recommend i follow this guide: https://doom-rpg-rla.fandom.com/wiki/Monster ?
Thanks for the feedback!

1. These errors occur because actor numbers (to call on maps, for example) overlap. The game engine reports this, but takes the actor number from the last loaded pk3. In this case from DoomRPG. For example, some Lexicon items have the same numbers as credits in DoomRPG. Therefore, credits will appear on Lexicon cards instead of some items. So despite the notifications of these errors, there are no problems in the game.

2. If you have the number of WADs = 1 in your settings (DoomRPG Options -> Misc), that's fine. Nightmare monsters will appear in small numbers at first, and increase up to WAD's 32th map. To change the intensity select more WADs that you plan to play.

3. The guide is good only for an introduction in general terms. I'm sure most of it can't match DoomRPG Rebalance.