[Mappers needed] Batman TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[Mappers needed] Batman TC

Postby doomjedi » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:46 am

Good time of day :)

Many probably know me from "Blade of Agony" project and such.

I have been decently developing as part of a different team a Batman mod/TC based on ideas and assets from my series of successful Batman/DC Comics mods for Wolfenstein 3D (+ stalled sequel + new art/assets)
Spoiler:

But now for the first time - on Doom engine, using its obvious capabilities and advantages.
Due to its origins/premade assets and our intentional artistic/stylistic vision - the mod uses Wolf3D-styled/res art for scenery/enemies, mixed with lowres voxel models where fits (cars, trucks etc). No 3D models.

We already have tons of coded assets (in most areas - enemies, Villains, weapons, scenery, pickups, textures, skies, plot etc....) and the mod is pretty much ready for mapping phase.
We just need mappers to help us bringing our vision to bring Gotham to life.

Screens from new testmap:

Screenshots from old testmap:

Spoiler:
doomjedi
"Blade of Agony" spriter

Discord: DoomJedi

Re: [Mappers needed] Batman TC

Postby Captain J » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:47 am

From the member of BoA dev team... I'm certainly in for some jolly good bat-fun! Quality of the map looks already great and i'll look forward to it.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby doomjedi » Sat Feb 05, 2022 7:57 am

Captain J wrote:From the member of BoA dev team... I'm certainly in for some jolly good bat-fun! Quality of the map looks already great and i'll look forward to it.

Thanks pal :)

Alot will eventually depend on mappers and their skill :)
doomjedi
"Blade of Agony" spriter

Postby Colerx » Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:01 am

Nice!
Colerx

Postby doomjedi » Sat Feb 12, 2022 2:43 pm

But we need Doom mappers to make it happen. In desired scope, quality and maybe to get to finish line at all.
Currently our active mapper can't handle it alone and has lesser mapping experience than would make this mod to live to its true potential.

So it's up to the community to make this happen the best way.
doomjedi
"Blade of Agony" spriter

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects