Exorcist (Full Version)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Exorcist (Full Version)

Postby NDgamer00 » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:33 am

Exorcist is a Total Conversion mod for Hexen: Beyond Heretic, set in the land of Kimberline where you play as the Exorcist. Travel to different places and fight tainted warriors and horrific beasts from a hellish dimension. Make sure to read the manual in the zip file and the Story section in the main menu.

Hope you enjoy the mod and Merry Christmas!

Here is the link: https://www.moddb.com/mods/exorcist/dow ... ll-version

Here are some images of the third Hub:

NDgamer00

Discord: Yes
Twitch ID: No

Re: Exorcist (Full Version)

Postby neoworm » Fri Dec 24, 2021 5:25 pm

First thing I see when I load the mod is bunch of missing actors and textures, are you sure the pk3 contains everything it needs to?
EDIT: Sorry, my bad. GZDooM autoloaded Heretic.wad instead of HeXen.wad which I didn't even knew I had in the same folder.
neoworm

Postby Enjay » Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:46 pm

This is very nice. I'm only about 30 minutes in to it but the mapping, texturing and gameplay so far have been spot on. It's very atmospheric and captures the early sprite-based RPG feeling nicely.

The original enemies are a really good touch and it's refreshing to see Hexen being used as the base for the TC.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Captain J » Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:50 am

Very impressive and immersive TC. Each map are HUGE and the gameplay is pretty solid. Also i'm seeing some custom sprite and i say they're nice looking!
Spoiler: "Got some feedback if you're fine with it"
Currently i got stuck at Chapel area where you have to unlock the secret passage with an Emerald Key. All i see in there are closed blue doors that i can't open somehow. Otherwise, very cool and solid TC!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Anim8 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:26 am

Gave this a quick go and so far pretty good, nice map layout. Played maybe around 20 mins so far.

Captain J wrote:Currently i got stuck at Chapel area where you have to unlock the secret passage with an Emerald Key. All i see in there are closed blue doors that i can't open somehow. Otherwise, very cool and solid TC!

First time I got stuck was in that exact spot as well, anyway I worked it out in the end, see below.

Spoiler: "Screenshot Answer"
Anim8

Postby Captain J » Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:48 am

Yeah the thing is i already collected and put the green gem in the right spot. What i meant was Emerald KEY. To unlock locks with. Specifically near the Chapel.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Anim8 » Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:42 am

Ah right, you must be further ahead.

Wasn't aware that the Exorcist also has a Emerald Key, plus a Gem. I had just assumed Emerald Key=Gem as in, they are one and the same. Obviously not the case, or not so obvious in my case.
Anim8

Postby Shadowman » Thu Dec 30, 2021 3:14 pm

I really like your mod, the setting of the weapons and the monsters are well composed. However, I am having difficulty playing. I collected all the keys (available on 1 hub) and two crystals from four (green and red). The blue doors in the underground location north of the temple are closed, and it is not clear where to go next.
Spoiler:

Do I need to go back to the maps I have already passed and look for something there?
Shadowman

Postby StroggVorbis » Fri Dec 31, 2021 6:01 am

Like the others, I got up to the part where after the emerald key segment, there's blue doors blocking my path. Looking at the maps and typing 'items' in console doesn't suggest that I could have missed anything. Playing on the UV-equivalent skill.

Anyway, here's some feedback:
-the enemies with the red swords and the flying sorcerers are able to one-shot you at full health or completely destroy your armor in one hit. Since there's so many large soul gems around, one thing that could be done about this is have health items auto-activate to save you from death.

-The Paingiver as stated above is rarely or seemingly never able to kill any of the enemies in a single shot, leaving you with the option to switch to the sword to finish them off if you want to conserve ammo but which gets tedious pretty quick.

-One of the maps in the first hub (forgot which one it was) has a timed door that's mandatory for progression accidentally set to single use instead of repeatable. So if you don't enter and exit the door the first time, you're softlocked.

-In another map, there was a lich skull powerup behind a wall or glass window with seemingly no way to reach it.

-The thermal grenade, unlike the Fighter's grenade flechette, can't be aimed up or down in any way, which makes it useless against flying enemies or ones that are at a different elevation than you.

#Will update this post when I find more stuff
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Discord: StroggVorbis#2466
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby StroggVorbis » Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:06 am

Making a new post for better visibility:

How to progress after obtaining and using the emerald key:

Spoiler:

EDIT: Nvm, still stuck as well.
StroggVorbis
Donut eat me pls!

Discord: StroggVorbis#2466
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Exorcist (Full Version - Patch)

Postby NDgamer00 » Sun Jan 02, 2022 11:06 pm

A patch that fixes some of the errors in this mod, just delete the current file and play this file:

-Tweaked the Paingiver to do more damage.

-Lowered the Chieftan's blade damage, sow now it does not insta-kill you directly.

-Fixed Blue door in Map01 in the first hub.

-Fixed breakable window that has the lich skull power up.

Thank you for being patient!

Download: https://www.moddb.com/mods/exorcist/dow ... sion-patch
NDgamer00

Discord: Yes
Twitch ID: No

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects