RAMPART - An integrator for Doom community projects

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

RAMPART - An integrator for Doom community projects

Postby DavidN » Sat Sep 04, 2021 9:49 pm

RAMPART is a PHP webapp that I created for running RAMP because I wanted to invent a new, easier way of managing large community projects. It takes a lot of the manual work out of herding your contributors and making sure everyone's submissions are up to date.

I'm calling the current version a beta and I'm currently in search of a client to test the code out on a project that I don't have direct control over :)

For submissions, RAMP lets you:
- Manage vanilla, Boom or UDMF projects - or a mix of map formats in a single project
- Have a central place for mappers to submit new maps and updates (no scouring through forum threads for updates and submissions!)
- Either define your map slots first and assign them to people, or have a free-for-all hub-style project where map slots are automatically created
- Choose what kind of content you want to allow - a project can have just new maps, or new sprites, textures, sound and scripting madness
- Include your own fixed content to be bundled into the project (such as texture packs, a hub map, etc)

Projects can be:
- Built and downloaded on demand - you don't have to update a master copy yourself, RAMPART will compile all submitted maps into a single project when anything changes.
- Generated in either WAD or PK3 format

Technical stuff:
- Lightweight with no dependencies! Runs entirely as its own set of PHP and JS scripts
- No database required either - all data handling is through the filesystem

The code is available at https://github.com/davidxn/rampart and anyone is welcome to contribute or port it as they want.

If you have a community project in flight or just starting, I would be glad to host an instance for you, give you the reins and work with you to support what your project needs.
DavidN

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects