Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (On Hold - Resources OPEN)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (Hemodemon p.14)

Postby jazzmaster9 » Tue Apr 05, 2022 8:02 pm

there sprites are looking amazing so far.
these would fit perfectly well to my vampire themed Abysm 2 episode 8-) though Im guessing they are still off limits until the release of HF2 ?
User avatar
jazzmaster9
you guys should definitely play Abysm 2
 
Joined: 19 Apr 2012

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (Hemodemon p.14)

Postby Amuscaria » Wed Apr 06, 2022 1:43 am

jazzmaster9 wrote:though Im guessing they are still off limits until the release of HF2 ?
yup. :)
User avatar
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Location: Growing from mycelium near you.

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (Hemodemon p.14)

Postby broomann43 » Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:30 pm

So excited to hear about this - Hellforged Episode 1 was such a blast and that secret map was beyond anything I could have expected. If Episode 2 comes anywhere close to meeting the goals you set out here, I have no doubt that it will be just as impressive. You do fantastic work, seriously
broomann43
 
Joined: 08 Jun 2022

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (Hemodemon p.14)

Postby Amuscaria » Tue Jun 14, 2022 10:34 pm

broomann43 wrote:So excited to hear about this - Hellforged Episode 1 was such a blast and that secret map was beyond anything I could have expected. If Episode 2 comes anywhere close to meeting the goals you set out here, I have no doubt that it will be just as impressive. You do fantastic work, seriously


Thanks! Unfortunately, it will be some time before I continue work on this mod. Read the below statement for more info.
-------------------------------------------------------------

HI All. It's been some time since I've work on this mod because I've redirected most of my time towards my art and Visual Novel game for the past couple of months. I don't really have time to maintain two projects at once these days, or do I do a good job with one project distracting me from another, so I just jump between theme from time to time. So needless to say, it will be some time before I return to Hell-Forged 2.

I'd be a dick move to just sit on the resources I've done so far, so I am opening the resources I've released to the public so far for public use. You are free to use them as is, edit them, or redistribute them on you own project as you see fit. I wouldn't mind getting a shoutout here and there. :)

-Cheers. Will return after I burn out on drawing anime pictures for the visual novel.
User avatar
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Location: Growing from mycelium near you.

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (Hemodemon p.14)

Postby ActionAlligator » Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:03 am

Amuscaria wrote:HI All. It's been some time since I've work on this mod because I've redirected most of my time towards my art and Visual Novel game for the past couple of months. I don't really have time to maintain two projects at once these days, or do I do a good job with one project distracting me from another, so I just jump between theme from time to time. So needless to say, it will be some time before I return to Hell-Forged 2.


Damn, shame to hear as I was excited about this :( I really loved HF 1 and appreciate the work you put towards it and look forward to your return to HF 2! :)

Amuscaria wrote:It'd be a dick move to just sit on the resources I've done so far so I am opening the resources I've released to the public so far for public use. You are free to use them as is, edit them, or redistribute them on you own project as you see fit


I respectfully disagree that it'd be a dick move :) But, your resource gift is too kind sir and I'm sure others will appreciate it :) Again, thx for your work and offerings thus far and good luck with your other project! Those anime VN fans will surely be getting a quality project to get excited over :cry: :wink:
User avatar
ActionAlligator
 
Joined: 18 Mar 2017

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (On Hold - Resources OPEN)

Postby Lagi » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:34 am

Could anyone who use Amuscaria monsters please advertise his mod here?


I am supper happy to see this guys in motion :wub:
User avatar
Lagi
 
Joined: 23 Jun 2018
Location: Thou shalt alter thy beliefs with new evidence

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (On Hold - Resources OPEN)

Postby Captain J » Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:35 am

An excellent, generous choice with allowing people to use your resources that you've released so far to the public. Always thank you for making all kinds of cool and influential resources for doom community through out the years. :D
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (Hemodemon p.14)

Postby osjclatchford » Sat Jun 25, 2022 1:19 pm

Amuscaria wrote:... so I am opening the resources I've released to the public so far for public use. You are free to use them as is, edit them, or redistribute them on you own project as you see fit. I wouldn't mind getting a shoutout here and there. :)...



absolute gentlemen.






and one both sad and happy at-the-same-time OSJC... ;D
Last edited by osjclatchford on Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
osjclatchford
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2011

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (On Hold - Resources OPEN)

Postby Scuba Steve » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:20 pm

Absolute legend of you. Beyond being respectful and attributing your work, will we need to carve up the sprite sheets and decorate the monsters ourselves, or is there a decorate file already available which appropriate codes the monsters and their attacks?
Scuba Steve
 
Joined: 27 Mar 2004

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (On Hold - Resources OPEN)

Postby osjclatchford » Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:46 pm

Lagi wrote:Could anyone who use Amuscaria monsters please advertise his mod here?
I am supper happy to see this guys in motion :wub:


this is a fair point tbh.

would help to get the proper credit-where-credit's-due this mod and epic-modder deserves. its easy for stuff to get diluted in the mod-soup thats out there...
Its no stretch to say that without Amuscaria's mods and subsquent resources the modding community would be a much lesser place imho...

guess I'll start us off then:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/osjcs-doom-major-crisis - get my possessed edits of the wight monster here (mc_monsata.pk3)
osjclatchford
 
Joined: 07 Feb 2011

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (On Hold - Resources OPEN)

Postby Amuscaria » Sun Jun 26, 2022 12:00 am

Scuba Steve wrote:Absolute legend of you. Beyond being respectful and attributing your work, will we need to carve up the sprite sheets and decorate the monsters ourselves, or is there a decorate file already available which appropriate codes the monsters and their attacks?


Sprite resource wad attached. :wink:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1x_Ljjf ... sp=sharing

Monster decorate code:
Spoiler:
User avatar
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Location: Growing from mycelium near you.

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (On Hold - Resources OPEN)

Postby Scuba Steve » Mon Jun 27, 2022 3:58 pm

Awesome... I'm contemplating getting back into mapping and these interesting creatures would be a good fit for an idea of mine. I hate sounding entitled, but did you also have sfx picked out for the creatures or was that still a work in progress?
Scuba Steve
 
Joined: 27 Mar 2004

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (On Hold - Resources OPEN)

Postby Amuscaria » Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:35 am

Scuba Steve wrote:Awesome... I'm contemplating getting back into mapping and these interesting creatures would be a good fit for an idea of mine. I hate sounding entitled, but did you also have sfx picked out for the creatures or was that still a work in progress?


I have sounds, but they were just ripped from other games from the 90s, like Half-Life and Shadow Warrior.
User avatar
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom
 
Joined: 26 Jul 2004
Location: Growing from mycelium near you.

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (On Hold - Resources OPEN)

Postby Gez » Tue Jun 28, 2022 2:21 am

Captain J made a sound addon for Hell-Forged, so maybe he'd be willing to help with the SFX?
Gez
 
 
 
Joined: 06 Jul 2007

Re: Hell-Forged - Version 2.00 (On Hold - Resources OPEN)

Postby Captain J » Tue Jun 28, 2022 4:37 am

If Amu says yes, then yes!
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Spaceman333, undeadmonk354, Viscont23 and 7 guests