Sonic: Lock & Load

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Sonic: Lock & Load [WIP]

Postby SpeedStriker243 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:59 pm

Doctrine Gamer wrote:I just tested your mod and it's a lot of fun and how I like sonic games I found cool this idea of bringing elements of it to Doom. :thumb:

I didn't understand it was Shadow, is it purposeful that he didn't have weapons or is it something related to sonic's modern games?

I liked the way with you treated the levels of difficulty where the easy is really easy and the hard really hard (obviously) :lol:

I'll be connected to the new updates if my GZDoom doesn't run into trouble.

Shadow has no weapons because I’m still thinking of ideas. XD

Also thanks so much!! That really means a lot :)
User avatar
SpeedStriker243
That1M8Head
 
Joined: 03 Feb 2021
Location: United Kingdom
Discord: That1M8Head#1574
Github ID: That1M8Head
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Sonic: Lock & Load [WIP]

Postby Doctrine Gamer » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:19 pm

SpeedStriker243 wrote:
Doctrine Gamer wrote:I just tested your mod and it's a lot of fun and how I like sonic games I found cool this idea of bringing elements of it to Doom. :thumb:

I didn't understand it was Shadow, is it purposeful that he didn't have weapons or is it something related to sonic's modern games?

I liked the way with you treated the levels of difficulty where the easy is really easy and the hard really hard (obviously) :lol:

I'll be connected to the new updates if my GZDoom doesn't run into trouble.

Shadow has no weapons because I’m still thinking of ideas. XD

Also thanks so much!! That really means a lot :)


I found cool was that you changed the intermission texts to be in agreement with the sonic characters and it was pretty cool. :D

I noticed that doomguy still appears at the end of Thy Flesh Consumed but it's a silly detail compared to the concern you had in the details. :thumb:

While in shadow, judging by the patterns of the other weapons could have other types of Doom-style weapons with the predominant colors of the black-type Shadow.

Just a suggestion because the Icon of Sin only dies with rocket launchers but anyway is cool your mod.
User avatar
Doctrine Gamer
Holger Danilchenko
 
Joined: 30 Jan 2013

Re: Sonic: Lock & Load [WIP]

Postby SpeedStriker243 » Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:26 pm

Doctrine Gamer wrote:
SpeedStriker243 wrote:
Doctrine Gamer wrote:I just tested your mod and it's a lot of fun and how I like sonic games I found cool this idea of bringing elements of it to Doom. :thumb:

I didn't understand it was Shadow, is it purposeful that he didn't have weapons or is it something related to sonic's modern games?

I liked the way with you treated the levels of difficulty where the easy is really easy and the hard really hard (obviously) :lol:

I'll be connected to the new updates if my GZDoom doesn't run into trouble.

Shadow has no weapons because I’m still thinking of ideas. XD

Also thanks so much!! That really means a lot :)


I found cool was that you changed the intermission texts to be in agreement with the sonic characters and it was pretty cool. :D

I noticed that doomguy still appears at the end of Thy Flesh Consumed but it's a silly detail compared to the concern you had in the details.

While in shadow, judging by the patterns of the other weapons could have other types of Doom-style weapons with the predominant colors of the black-type Shadow.

Just a suggestion because the Icon of Sin only dies with rocket launchers but anyway is cool your mod.

1. Thanks! :D
2. Yeah, I don’t plan to change the ending graphics just yet.
3. Maybe.
4. Thanks so much!! :lol:
User avatar
SpeedStriker243
That1M8Head
 
Joined: 03 Feb 2021
Location: United Kingdom
Discord: That1M8Head#1574
Github ID: That1M8Head
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Sonic: Lock & Load [WIP]

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:08 am

SpeedStriker243 wrote:Funnily enough, Shadow's weapon lineup hasn't even been planned yet.
(Also what the hell else was I gonna do, give Sonic a spin dash for each of his weapons? What do you think this is, Smash Bros?)


Well, I have not played any Sonic game past the third one, but I remember it featuring power-ups that gave Sonic different attacks. Also, I have heard of that infamous entry where the character gets turned into a werewolf (hogwolf?) and as such the game plays like Devil May Cry or something. :geek:

But I am just kidding: I do not really have a problem with Sonic using guns here. If anything, I am taking the piss at SEGA. :P
JohnnyTheWolf
 
Joined: 05 Oct 2015

Re: Sonic: Lock & Load [WIP]

Postby SpeedStriker243 » Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:10 am

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:
SpeedStriker243 wrote:Funnily enough, Shadow's weapon lineup hasn't even been planned yet.
(Also what the hell else was I gonna do, give Sonic a spin dash for each of his weapons? What do you think this is, Smash Bros?)


Well, I have not played any Sonic game past the third one, but I remember it featuring power-ups that gave Sonic different attacks. Also, I have heard of that infamous entry where the character gets turned into a werewolf (hogwolf?) and as such the game plays like Devil May Cry or something. :geek:

But I am just kidding: I do not really have a problem with Sonic using guns here. If anything, I am taking the piss at SEGA. :P

XDD

Sonic Unleashed? That’s my favourite in the series!
User avatar
SpeedStriker243
That1M8Head
 
Joined: 03 Feb 2021
Location: United Kingdom
Discord: That1M8Head#1574
Github ID: That1M8Head
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Sonic: Lock & Load [WIP]

Postby SpeedStriker243 » Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:47 pm

Bump (sorry if I'm doing it wrong) -- updated the stream, the mod has been changed a lot as well
User avatar
SpeedStriker243
That1M8Head
 
Joined: 03 Feb 2021
Location: United Kingdom
Discord: That1M8Head#1574
Github ID: That1M8Head
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Sonic: Lock & Load

Postby SpeedStriker243 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:57 am

Bump, changed original post
User avatar
SpeedStriker243
That1M8Head
 
Joined: 03 Feb 2021
Location: United Kingdom
Discord: That1M8Head#1574
Github ID: That1M8Head
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BoneofMalkav, CyberneticPhantom and 10 guests