Abysm 2 EXPANSION: Pharaoh's Judgement - Final Release 1.0

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Abysm 2 EXPANSION: Pharaoh's Judgement - Public Beta v.3

Postby jazzmaster9 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:07 am

Beta v.3.2 Update Uploaded
- New Music Track for the Amun Reliquary composed by PRIMEVAL.
- New Music Track for Sobek Mines composed by Volasaurus.
- Fixed Typo for the Bloat Tick's name.
jazzmaster9
you guys should definitely play Abysm 2

Postby Captain J » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:08 am

Yesterday i beat Abysm and this neat Expansion pack. This one also had large and adventurous maps but in Egyptian setting. It surely did not disappoint me! But i also got some feedback as well
Spoiler: IDMYPOS is on!

Spoiler: Also
And that's it! I enjoyed both games and i will look forward to the next one.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby jazzmaster9 » Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:49 pm

Captain J wrote:Yesterday i beat Abysm and this neat Expansion pack. This one also had large and adventurous maps but in Egyptian setting. It surely did not disappoint me!

I'm glad you also liked the Expansion :D

Captain J wrote:- I have to admit, i almost got stuck at the first dungeon because i didn't realize this grate stone texture is in fact climbable. I mean there are already functional ladders with the right texture. Why not using the same thing?

I felt the stock Ladder textures were kinda boring and didn't fit the setting very well so i went with a more Stone Ladder texture.

Captain J wrote:At the Valley of Kings? There are Stakes that support the platform and they're all lethal for some reason.

After checking ALL of the stakes were Damaging, so gonna fix that.

Captain J wrote:Also i've got some Typos or Typo Lookalikes you should check out. Some sentences might be correct but i want to make 'em sound smooth

Thank you for catching these, will definitely fix them as well.

Thank you so much for the Feedback.
jazzmaster9

Postby Sinael » Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:59 am

I for one, certainly enjoyed throwing spears at things as the new class.

Spoiler: "So there are my few things that IMO need fixing:"
Sinael
Russian Ripman

Postby jazzmaster9 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 11:43 pm

Minor Update Uploaded
- Added New voice lines for the Main Character.

Sinael wrote:I for one, certainly enjoyed throwing spears at things as the new class.

Spoiler: "So there are my few things that IMO need fixing:"

Thank you very much for the feedback. will definitely have this fixed in the next major update.
jazzmaster9

Postby Cardboard Marty » Thu Aug 05, 2021 9:02 pm

Just finished the expansion! This was incredible all around, I'm really amazed! Everything was a step up from the pretty high mark that Abysm 2 left off on, and the new levels were excellently crafted!

A couple notes/feedback:
  • I think the crocodiles should be more "neutral" and perhaps target other monsters as well as the player? I'm not sure if they already do this but I thought it'd be neat!
  • The main hub area really needs some music! Speaking of music, I know this part isn't done yet, but I think that after completing an objective/killing a boss, instead of going completely quiet, I think the music should revert back to the main level theme.
  • The final level could really use maybe one more enemy variant to keep things fresh. Even if it's just a palette swap dude who shots a poison projectile, I think something else would be really good here.
  • Returning to Ramses tomb at the end of the game should maybe have a better hint/direction, as I totally forgot over the course of the last couple of days playing this where he was at. This is probably my only nitpick regarding mapping/direction, by the way, the way you guide players through levels and get their attention is masterful and I never had a dull moment!
  • I think some of Nadia's reactions to things happening were a little strange, definitely going into the last level I was expecting something a bit more "wtf" than what we got. A super minor nitpick though!

Regarding the secret map:
Spoiler:

You totally nailed it, AGAIN! I had a lot of fun with this and can't wait for what the future holds!
Cardboard Marty
"WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?"

Discord: Cardboard Marty#1337
Twitch ID: CarlosAtBV

Postby jazzmaster9 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:04 pm

Update Beta v3.4 Uploaded!
- All items taken from inventory upon starting the e2m14(Secret level) can now be recovered.
- Changed the Iron Key's (and corresponding locks) in e2m14 to "Rusted Keys" to fix a potential Softlock when entering the secret level with an Iron key found main quest Dungeon.
- Wrath of God Spell' now removed when entering e2m14
- New Skybox for e2m6

Also plan is to have the mod come out of beta by the end of the month so keep an eye out for more updates.
jazzmaster9

Re: Abysm 2 EXPANSION: Pharaoh's Judgement - RC1 (Beta v4)

Postby jazzmaster9 » Thu Aug 26, 2021 12:13 am

Release Candidate 1 (Beta v.4) Update is now available for Download:

- Twin Fang moved from E2M14 (secret level) to E2M5 Valley of Kings and is now Part of the main weapon roster.
- Twin Fang now consumes Black Mana instead of White Mana
- Twin Fang Damage reduced by 10%.
- Fixed Potential Softlock in the Secret Level.
- New Graphics and sounds for the Twin Fang created by Cardboard Marty.
- Lightning Rod now located in the end of the Secret Level.
- Added New Graphics for Hand Cannon When upgraded with the Fire Bomb Launcher
- Added New Sounds for Hand Cannon when launching Fire bombs
- New Title Screen music composed by PRIMEVAL.
- Mudrot's location changed to earlier in Valley of Kings.
- Sentinel Lightning Resistance Increased.
- Hit Points of Final Boss increased from 3000 to 3500.
- Sectors in Valley of King incorrectly tagged as Damaging
jazzmaster9

Postby Fyshtako » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:22 am

Played through the latest version... Bravo, awesome expansion!
Honestly my one and only issue the entire time was the arena for the Stone Giant fight was too small. In a fight that emphasises circle strafing so much, the arena had so many things to trip on and stop (resulting in instant death) that the difficulty was more the annoying kind than being a genuine fun challenge. There's a section on the side with a gap next to a stair you can fall into which was particularly annoying.
The ending is also a bit abrupt but I assume that's simply because you haven't done up the ending fully (credits or a game end etc).
Just my opinion, everything else was awesome, and I LOVED how crazy it got at the end of the mod.. You're a legend and one of my favorite DOOM mod makers!
Fyshtako

Postby jazzmaster9 » Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:47 pm

Fyshtako wrote:The ending is also a bit abrupt but I assume that's simply because you haven't done up the ending fully (credits or a game end etc).

There should be an ending text at the end when you talk to the Mercenary to end the game. Did you get some kind of error?
using "changemap" console command tends to cause an error in the ending.
jazzmaster9

Postby Fyshtako » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:21 pm

jazzmaster9 wrote:
Fyshtako wrote:The ending is also a bit abrupt but I assume that's simply because you haven't done up the ending fully (credits or a game end etc).

There should be an ending text at the end when you talk to the Mercenary to end the game. Did you get some kind of error?
using "changemap" console command tends to cause an error in the ending.

I am a silly boy and just read "king" on the objective, I'm meant to go to the OTHER king. So uhh, sorry about that.
Fyshtako

Re: Abysm 2 EXPANSION: Pharaoh's Judgement - Final Release 1

Postby jazzmaster9 » Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:28 am

It's Finally Here!
Abysm 2: Pharaoh's Judgement Expansion - Final Release 1.0

Thank you so much to those who provided Feedback and Suggestions, and to those who tried it out :D

Release 1.0 changes:

Track Track added, for E2M6 Mothership. Destination Unknown by Cardboard Marty
Corrected the Tic rate for idle states for Sentinel and Kilmaat Drone.
Switch in E2M6 that raises the bridge has been relocated.
New Ladder textures by Skelegant to make them look more obviously climbable. 
jazzmaster9

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects