You Fix It! - RC1 Out! But not the end!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: You Fix It! - RC1 Out! But not the end!

Postby Doomguy914 » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:34 pm

I just finished this map. That ending was quite the surprise! I also love how there's a new title pic for it as well, and it used the stupid little Paint.net Fix it! Stamp I made for the thumbnails of my videos. This project has been a lot of fun to showcase! The video will be uploaded soon! :D
Doomguy914

Postby MrRumbleRoses » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:44 pm

so. are all of these maps in the mod so far just gonna be E1M1 but with some changes?
MrRumbleRoses

Postby Rachael » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:52 pm

Almost - you've got the right idea.

It's everyone's modifying the previous person's map.

I think there's interest in continuing the series if you might be interested in modifying the latest map.
Rachael
Admin

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby kevansevans » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:08 pm

If you were to take a slot now, your task would be to take the current E1M8 and change it how you see fit, under the guise that you're "fixing" it. The maps aren't literally broken, you're just working under the assumption your boss has told you to fix it without explaining what the problem is. Once it's done, it'd take up the E1M9 slot, and then if someone were to volunteer again, they'd do the same thing to your map.
kevansevans
Disciple of The Great God Imp
Spotlight Team

Github ID: kevansevans

Postby Vostyok » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:52 am

If that is the case, I can take my WAD and add a secret exit that leads to m9. It can just be added to the build at any stage then, since it is reasonable to think that said secret exit would not be present in the secret map itself. Can put something up in a few hours, but anyone taking new slot should be able to start as soon as they're ready, really.
Vostyok
I'm living in a cardboard box

Discord: Vostyok#3164

Postby Graf Zahl » Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:37 am

Wouldn't it make more sense to stop working on E1M1 and do the same for the original E1M2? ;)
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Postby MrRumbleRoses » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:24 am

welp. i just tried out this mod on a stream, and it was kinda cool for a experimental collab project. if there's 1 thing i would randomly suggest, it would be to have a music addon or just having the maps have there own different covers of At Doom's Gate
MrRumbleRoses

Postby Vostyok » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:22 am

Hello!

See attached - zip file containing wads for e1m8 that can be dropped into project files. One version is the non-secret exit original. The second wad contains a secret exit, in the event that you wish to finish with map09. Included in both are the two fixes discussed above - a little more ammo and health available just before that dangerous part, as well as messing up the classic starting room, so that the later pristine appearance is more noticeable. Also removed three useless cell packs as nobody would ever need them where they are. No other changes have occurred, in keeping with the spirit of the original challenge.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lgy3ifq8k7334ba/YouFixItMap8s.zip/file

To find the secret exit, if it doesn't become apparent during play:
Spoiler:

Echoing above comments, am wondering if there is such thing as too much E1M1, but more than 9 maps would be wonderfully deranged, either way.
Vostyok

Postby Doomguy914 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 11:41 am

The video is now uploaded! Vostyok, I added a link to your youtube channel so they can easily find your content! :D

Let me know what you think.
Doomguy914

Postby Vostyok » Thu Jun 10, 2021 12:48 pm

Lol, and here I was hoping you'd recognize the footage of past Doomguys fighting through E1M1.

I did indeed make the titlepic, and many of the changes were done specifically to amuse people who had made it to this map.

Great video. Am now also looking forward to what utter horrors await us in Map9...

Edit: not used to being treated as a celebrity though. Help
Vostyok

Postby kevansevans » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:55 pm

Graf Zahl wrote:Wouldn't it make more sense to stop working on E1M1 and do the same for the original E1M2? ;)

Eventually I will shift focus onto a new map and start again, I just want to make sure as much people got their opportunity to work on this before starting anew. Plus I haven't settled on what the next map would be. I'm actually leaning towards MAP01 just so everyone can have easier access to that material.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Postby Doomguy914 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 3:58 pm

Vostyok wrote:Lol, and here I was hoping you'd recognize the footage of past Doomguys fighting through E1M1.

I did indeed make the titlepic, and many of the changes were done specifically to amuse people who had made it to this map.

Great video. Am now also looking forward to what utter horrors await us in Map9...

Edit: not used to being treated as a celebrity though. Help

Well, you DID make one of the most popular TC's out there. Also the title pic looks absolutely amazing! Sadly I didn't recognize the footage on those monitors in the beginning.
Doomguy914

Postby yum13241 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:12 pm

I'm confused. If I want to start right now, which map should I "fix"?
yum13241

Discord: yum13241#8226
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby kevansevans » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:15 pm

yum13241 wrote:I'm confused. If I want to start right now, which map should I "fix"?

You are to take Vostyok's E1M8 and work off of that one. Alternatively, we can all wait a bit for the next map to start work on and begin there.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Postby yum13241 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:38 pm

kevansevans wrote:
yum13241 wrote:I'm confused. If I want to start right now, which map should I "fix"?

You are to take Vostyok's E1M8 and work off of that one. Alternatively, we can all wait a bit for the next map to start work on and begin there.

OK, will do.
yum13241

Discord: yum13241#8226
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects