You Fix It! - RC2.1 out!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Re: You Fix It! - RC1 Out! But not the end!

Post by yum13241 »

Vostyok wrote:Secret door

Just delete everything behind this -
Spoiler:
Kevansevans: based on comments in featured video, have alternative idea for activating secret exit. Let me know if you want to explore that if the current one isn't to your liking.
So delete everything after the weird Z shaped sector is what you are saying. Correct?
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Post by Vostyok »

No, that door I highlighted in the image. There's a small room that can all go.

But honestly, if you feel stuff in the map doesn't fit, get rid or change it. Have you played the others? I think kevans would really like to see what kind of big changes you would bring in if you had free rein to go wild on it.
yum13241
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): EndeavorOS (basically Arch)
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by yum13241 »

Vostyok wrote:No, that door I highlighted in the image. There's a small room that can all go.

But honestly, if you feel stuff in the map doesn't fit, get rid or change it. Have you played the others? I think kevans would really like to see what kind of big changes you would bring in if you had free rein to go wild on it.

Read the changelog: https://mega.nz/file/2F5WVLqI#aa1YbhNKD ... nex1xIwczQ (also contains the map itself).
kevansevans
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by kevansevans »

yum13241 wrote:
Vostyok wrote:No, that door I highlighted in the image. There's a small room that can all go.

Read the changelog: https://mega.nz/file/2F5WVLqI#aa1YbhNKD ... nex1xIwczQ (also contains the map itself).
Unfortunately, I am going to have to decline your entry.

It's pretty clear you did not play any of the previous maps in the collab, as what's in your documented changes amounts to minor adjustments, and your undocumented changes amount to changing the detail in one room, and adding a tiny room with a BFG and SSG in it. This isn't very exciting, as the goal of each entry was to build upon the previous with enough of a change. As it states in the "do nots":
Do not:

- Be lazy.

And quite frankly, these changes are indeed, very lazy. On top, you seem to have been unable to load in the assets correctly and managed to, and for lack of a better word, not criticism of your skills, ruin some of the texture work in several areas including a secret area that needed custom textures.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Post by kevansevans »

E1M9 is being picked up by Wivicer, they’ll reply to this thread when they start.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Wivicer, when you are ready to start, please use the non-secret E1M8 from this zip:

https://www.mediafire.com/file/lgy3ifq8 ... s.zip/file

It includes fixes not committed to the main github yet. Many thanks.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

I'm gonna start working on it tonight. Start the timer!

EDIT:
Just wanted to say after going through the maps that I love how even after all the changes that have been made you can still tell what the base map is. Good job everyone!
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Post by kevansevans »

E1M9 is being finalized Has been finalized. If after some time no one claims E1M10, we'll switch into secret level mode!
Fishytza

Post by Fishytza »

So I just noticed Doomguy914's videos about this project are gone. Why is that?
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Post by kevansevans »

Alright I think it's time to start the secret map. Bumping this post to let all past participants who have a finished map in the selection that they are allowed to make the secret map. You'll be taking Wivicer's map and Plutonia-fying it to something like GO2IT.

Wivicer, I ask that you add a secret exit to your map.

There is no time limit to this entry, but whoever claims the spot first will be it! Please keep me or this thread updated with your changes somewhat frequently so we know you're working on it. Collaborations with other participants is fine as well I guess, haha, I won't be too strict on it.
Dewzanity
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Dewzanity »

I can "go 2 it". *insert 500 crying laughing emojis*. I think I have some ideas that will make it super interesting, and I wouldn't be opposed if anyone else wants to help out.
kevansevans
Spotlight Team

Post by kevansevans »

I'd definitely like to take a crack with the map, there's some additions I've been itching to add.
Vostyok

Post by Vostyok »

Nice. I love what Wivicer did with my little shuttle pad. This was really cool.
Wivicer
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Wivicer »

Hey, you gave me a solid foundation to work with.
Dewzanity
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11

Post by Dewzanity »

Alright, so here's the progress on the secret map. So far I can say there's no chance I could have done the whole level in three days, as I actually started up until a few days ago, and I'd say I'm around a third done. Most of it is just retexturing stuff to look plutonia-like. I'm thinking that the best way to make the secret level is going to be to make it into one of those "collect 6 keys to unlock the exit" levels, while you're free to explore the level and go anywhere you want. It might take another week to finish this level up, so stay tuned until then.
Spoiler:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”