Beyond Sunset - Gameplay Footage Update!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Beyond Sunset - Gameplay Footage Update!

Postby Scuba Steve » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:22 pm

Did I watch Arlene playing this on her stream?
Scuba Steve

Postby An00bus » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:48 am

It's great to see a cyberpunk game that actually looks like a labor of love rather than millennials trying to adopt the style with very little to no knowledge of 80s sci-fi, synthpop, or what constitutes cyberpunk (like *cough* putting "cyberpunk" in your title *cough*). Reminds me a bit of Ion Fury, but the neon, the music, and the slightly more minimalist art style give this a much more authentic 80s feeling; looks more immersive as well, can't wait!
An00bus

Discord: An00bus#4956
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Redneckerz » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:32 pm

This was on Realms Deep:

No idea this was on GZDoom. It looks absolutely amazing.I am reminded of the intro sequence of Unreal Tournament, fused with Deus Ex and Ion Fury.

Why are so many developers making so many amazing standalone titles on GZDoom? Like seriously. I love Cyberpunk, and so i love this game.
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Cherno » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:34 pm

Because GZDoom has the amazing ZScript scripting language which allows a degree of customization that is closer to full-fleged game engines like Unity or Unreal than Quake with it's Quake C language.
Cherno

Postby Custodian » Sat Aug 28, 2021 10:03 pm

Hey Everyone. I need another mapper! Please DM me if you can lend a hand! If you want to help out, please be aware this is a commercial project. Also be aware that good photoshop skills and the ability to craft your own textures from scratch is an absolute must. Thanks!
Custodian
Beyond Sunset

Github ID: disasteroftheuniverse
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Captain Ventris » Sun Aug 29, 2021 4:43 pm

I hope you get the help you’re after. This looks like a really cool game. I’ll be watching with intense interest!
Captain Ventris
Buy my novel, “The Shadow Among The Stars” on Amazon or Itch.io!

Postby Dostoyevskiy » Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:26 am

I watched the video and fell in love.
It looks like these guys really want to create something cool.
Good luck with your work, friends!
Dostoyevskiy

Re: Beyond Sunset - New Trailer | Patreon Announcement!

Postby Custodian » Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:04 pm

Beyond Sunset is entirely self-funded, and frankly, I am broke. I'm launching a Patreon page soon. The page is live now, but I won't be shipping benefits to patrons until at least mid-december. I'll update this thread with a link to the Patreon page when subscriber benefits are rolling out.

As ever, I absolutely could not have created this weird little game without all the amazing people in the community. I especially want to call out Enjay, Bridgeburner & Nash for their assistance on this project and others over the years. I also want to recognize all the awesome devs who have maintained GZDoom and added so many amazing features over the years. It's been really great coming back to the community for the first time since the 2000s to see it still alive and absolutely thriving.
Custodian
Beyond Sunset

Github ID: disasteroftheuniverse
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Dynamo » Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:31 pm

Very nice job on the trailer :) Looking forward to see what the future holds for this!
Dynamo
Gecko on the run

Postby Redneckerz » Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:59 pm

Even in a literal sea full of amazing GZDoom games, this is one of the best when it comes to selling an ambiance - It looks unique.
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects