Super 3D Pig Feeder: ZDoom Edition (Updated for 2/23/2021)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Super 3D Pig Feeder: ZDoom Edition (Updated for 2/23/2021)

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:56 pm

This is a ZDoom/GZDoom port of the Flash game Super 3D Pig Feeder by NAveryW, which was first posted to Newgrounds on May 12, 2010. In the game, all of the enemies are replaced by pigs, and you get weapons such as a Slingshot, a Truffle Gun, and a Chaincorngun. There are also all new maps and textures in the game as well. This port will give you a smoother framerate, new music, the ability to use the automap, and new obituary messages. Perhaps one day we can make the other two episodes a reality (6 normal levels & 1 secret level each), as it could be a community project of some sort.

Here's a gameplay video of all seven levels of the original Flash game:

Future additions or current problems to be fixed for future version as of 1/24/2021:
-I want to change the colors of the message font (such as for item pickups and obituaries) without the need of of going to the Message options
-For the automap, I like to replace the word "Monsters" with the words "Pigs Fed" if possible
-Custom sprites based around the farmer character would be very nice, as requested here

If anyone can help me out with these problems, then please let me know. If I figure them out myself, then you'll know. Also, if the enemies health and/or speed doesn't seem to match the original game, then please let me know.

Update Log:
Spoiler:

The project can be downloaded here:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/zc9bxhdt ... m.zip/file

Other links:
The original Flash game (Newgrounds Player required): https://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/535880
The original creator's website: http://www.projectenthalpy.com/
The Dunlap Pig Industries website in image thread forum (incase the website stops working in the future): https://imgur.com/a/XSIVmW7
Last edited by NiTROACTiVE on Sun May 16, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 10 times in total.
NiTROACTiVE
Radioactive & Explosive

Re: Super 3D Pig Feeder: ZDoom Edition

Postby SanyaWaffles » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:08 pm

Not a bad start!

One thing I'd do is look at the DECORATE for the specific enenmies you want to modify and edit their animations. It shouldn't be too hard to animate them, considering how simple this is.

Actually there might be a way to get this to be a standalone IWAD for GZDoom, if you use the PLAYPAL and COLORMAP palettes supplied with Freedoom (it'll be exactly the same as Doom's) and some placeholder music tracks. All you need to do is add an IWADINFO lump to it and give it a few properties instead of using GAMEINFO, and use the extension IWAD instead.

I'd offer to help a bit more, but I'm all ready occupied with a more complex project of my own, but I don't mind testing this and offering advice when I can. I'm excited to see this odd yet charming project come back.
SanyaWaffles
Certified Heretic and Grill Champion

Discord: SanyaWaffles#5095
Twitch ID: sanyawaffles
Operating System: Windows 11
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Super 3D Pig Feeder: ZDoom Edition (Updated for 1/18/202

Postby spoone » Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:54 am

I was wondering when someone was gonna do this!!! YOU ARE A HERO!!!
spoone

Re: Super 3D Pig Feeder: ZDoom Edition (Updated for 1/18/202

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Mon Jan 18, 2021 12:28 pm

SanyaWaffles wrote:Actually there might be a way to get this to be a standalone IWAD for GZDoom, if you use the PLAYPAL and COLORMAP palettes supplied with Freedoom (it'll be exactly the same as Doom's) and some placeholder music tracks. All you need to do is add an IWADINFO lump to it and give it a few properties instead of using GAMEINFO, and use the extension IWAD instead.

Perhaps I could turn the file into an IWAD someday, but we'll have to see how development in the future goes. And I want to thank you and spoone for the feedback on this project.

Also, I'm not too sure about this, but you may find more information about the DeHackEd file in the official source code released by the author. Otherwise, I'll have to ask the author about it via email.
NiTROACTiVE
Radioactive & Explosive

Re: Super 3D Pig Feeder: ZDoom Edition (Updated for 2/23/202

Postby EddieMann » Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:55 am

Will this be ported to crispy doom?
EddieMann

Re: Super 3D Pig Feeder: ZDoom Edition (Updated for 2/23/202

Postby NiTROACTiVE » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:16 pm

EddieMann wrote:Will this be ported to crispy doom?

I know it's playable with PrBoom+ and Chocolate Doom as I tested the WAD with those, but they don't work 100% correct with those source ports right now. It works best with ZDoom and other related modern source ports.
NiTROACTiVE
Radioactive & Explosive

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects