Golden Souls 2 Warpzone Addon V1.02

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Golden Souls 2 Warpzone Addon V1.02

Postby salahmander2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 5:56 am

Hey guys!

Decided to make a small addon for Golden Souls 2, it's a warp zone, influenced by Super Mario World's Star World, just minus the world skipping shortcuts. Speaking of shortcuts, there are now shortcuts on the world map that allow you to go back to a previous world. Also note, there are no level skipping shortcuts added.

And for another Super Mario World influenced addition:

These are the red dots for the world map. Like the red dots, any level with these mark that a map has more than 1 exit.

Lemme know if you have suggestions or pointers!

Happy coin collecting!

Note: This must be loaded after Golden Souls 2.

Improved the dialogue on the warp zone along with some world renaming to keep it consistent with how the worlds are named in the main mod. Further more, I gave the area a lot more detail and polish as it felt rather barren otherwise.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lg1Rak ... sp=sharing
Last edited by salahmander2 on Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
salahmander2
3D floor abuser!

Re: Golden Souls 2 Warpzone Addon

Postby Dynamo » Wed Jan 13, 2021 8:55 am

Thanks for the addon. By some incredible coincidence, just yesterday I thought to myself while playing GS2 "you know what, it would be cool if this mod had an instant-travel feature because making it all the way to the start of the map is tedious." Ask and it shall be given I guess, lol.
Dynamo
It's a jungle out there.

Postby salahmander2 » Wed Jan 13, 2021 10:10 am

I do share you pain with that haha. One of my motives for making it, along with giving it a little more SMW influence.
salahmander2
3D floor abuser!

Postby DevilBlackDeath » Fri Jan 29, 2021 4:31 pm

salahmander2 wrote:I do share you pain with that haha. One of my motives for making it, along with giving it a little more SMW influence.

God I wanted to give Golden Souls 2 another go either to test Corruption Cards or try the hardest difficulty, but the idea of doing the backtravels held me back ! No more I can now say :) Thanks for this !
DevilBlackDeath

Postby salahmander2 » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:09 pm

I'm glad it's been of a help to you. :)
salahmander2
3D floor abuser!

Postby TheLemonLimeBrony » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:21 am

minor issue i ran into. going into the World 4 Forest shop, then exiting into the main overworld via the warp zone causes the World 4 Forest hub music to play throughout the entire overworld. it fixes itself if you re-enter and re-exit the Forest hub.
TheLemonLimeBrony

Postby salahmander2 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:14 am

TheLemonLimeBrony wrote:minor issue i ran into. going into the World 4 Forest shop, then exiting into the main overworld via the warp zone causes the World 4 Forest hub music to play throughout the entire overworld. it fixes itself if you re-enter and re-exit the Forest hub.

Consider it fixed my friend.

Thank you for pointing it out. :)
salahmander2
3D floor abuser!

Re: Golden Souls 2 Warpzone Addon V1.02

Postby salahmander2 » Wed Jun 30, 2021 2:01 pm

Updated to V1.02.
salahmander2
3D floor abuser!

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects