Cries Of DOOM

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Hidden Hands

Cries Of DOOM

Post by Hidden Hands »

CRIES OF DOOM

This is a side project I've been working on since 2016, a five episode PK3 for DOOM 2 which incorporates Hexen and Heretic assets. The game is to be an entirely new Doom game in the classic style with the exception of new monsters and dynamic lighting.

Episode 1: The Sea Gave Up The Dead
Episode 2: The Wicked Go Down
Episode 3: The Gnashing Of Teeth
Episode 4: In Darkness Be Drowned
Episode 5: The Sinful Path

This game wont be ready for a bit yet, but if you're interested in having
a play of it until release, this is a demo of episode 4, and will let you play the entire first level of that episode.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/cries-of-doo ... -doom-demo

Since this is a demo, just choose Episode 1 on startup (The Sea Gave Up The Dead) as in the demo it is listed as map01.

A preview of the level is seen in the video below.

UPDATE: 28-04-2021 FULL VIDEO OF E1M1

UPDATE: 2-05-2021 Teaser of E1M2
Attachments
ITLEPOLPLS.png
ITLEPOLPLS.png (57.79 KiB) Viewed 3803 times
Last edited by Hidden Hands on Sun May 02, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lupo Solitari

Palettes

Post by Lupo Solitari »

I like the idea, the dark fantasy part of Doom is the one I always liked the most.
However, I can see the Doom and Hexen skins don't match too well - have you tried converting them to a single palette?
I know that's easier said than done, but I believe it might look somehow better. :winker:
Hidden Hands

Re: Cries Of DOOM

Post by Hidden Hands »

Hi, sorry I've been away for a while. I've updated my main post - a full video of E1M1 is now up, if anyone wants to check my project out. This game does have lore, and does take a lot of influence from all DOOM games out there. I'm trying to get a working hub world. But in the mean time, check out E1M1 video above! :)
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Getting some strong Marathon: Infinity's Ne Cede Malis vibes from that E1M1. :3:
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Getting some strong Marathon: Infinity's Ne Cede Malis vibes from that E1M1. :3:
Oh yeah I see what you mean! Wasn't intentional but I definitelly see it.

EDIT: added a teaser of E1M2. Also theres been a few changes which I will be going over shortly.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

May I have a question? Why are you including the doom2 assets in your file? Do you know that when you load doom2.wad alogside your pk3, the assets gets loaded from the doom2.wad?
Hidden Hands

Post by Hidden Hands »

I must admit I didn't realize that. So if I was to remove all the DOOM2 stuff from the PK3, it would still work fine?
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by ramon.dexter »

ramon.dexter wrote:Do you know that when you load doom2.wad alongside your pk3, the assets gets loaded from the doom2.wad?

Also, I think that distribution of unmodified stock assets is not permitted at all. But I'm not 100% sure about this.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”