Cries Of DOOM

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Cries Of DOOM

Postby Hidden Hands » Sun Oct 25, 2020 6:25 am

CRIES OF DOOM

This is a side project I've been working on since 2016, a five episode PK3 for DOOM 2 which incorporates Hexen and Heretic assets. The game is to be an entirely new Doom game in the classic style with the exception of new monsters and dynamic lighting.

Episode 1: The Sea Gave Up The Dead
Episode 2: The Wicked Go Down
Episode 3: The Gnashing Of Teeth
Episode 4: In Darkness Be Drowned
Episode 5: The Sinful Path

This game wont be ready for a bit yet, but if you're interested in having
a play of it until release, this is a demo of episode 4, and will let you play the entire first level of that episode.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/cries-of-doo ... -doom-demo

Since this is a demo, just choose Episode 1 on startup (The Sea Gave Up The Dead) as in the demo it is listed as map01.

A preview of the level is seen in the video below.

UPDATE: 28-04-2021 FULL VIDEO OF E1M1

UPDATE: 2-05-2021 Teaser of E1M2
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Hidden Hands on Sun May 02, 2021 3:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hidden Hands
Cherub

Discord: VGCtm
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 32-bit

Palettes

Postby Lupo Solitari » Fri Nov 06, 2020 11:29 am

I like the idea, the dark fantasy part of Doom is the one I always liked the most.
However, I can see the Doom and Hexen skins don't match too well - have you tried converting them to a single palette?
I know that's easier said than done, but I believe it might look somehow better. :winker:
Lupo Solitari

Re: Cries Of DOOM

Postby Hidden Hands » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:54 pm

Hi, sorry I've been away for a while. I've updated my main post - a full video of E1M1 is now up, if anyone wants to check my project out. This game does have lore, and does take a lot of influence from all DOOM games out there. I'm trying to get a working hub world. But in the mean time, check out E1M1 video above! :)
Hidden Hands
Cherub

Postby JohnnyTheWolf » Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:09 am

Getting some strong Marathon: Infinity's Ne Cede Malis vibes from that E1M1. :3:
JohnnyTheWolf

Postby Hidden Hands » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:15 am

JohnnyTheWolf wrote:Getting some strong Marathon: Infinity's Ne Cede Malis vibes from that E1M1. :3:

Oh yeah I see what you mean! Wasn't intentional but I definitelly see it.

EDIT: added a teaser of E1M2. Also theres been a few changes which I will be going over shortly.
Hidden Hands
Cherub

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects