[WIP-Demo] Odam

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[WIP-Demo] Odam

Postby grotski » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:03 am

I've been working on this for a while now and thought to show it off a bit since I'm pretty proud of what I've accomplished recently.

Bad performance on 4.5.0, use 4.4.2 until I figure out what's up.

Updated 11/20/2020 Demo here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b8pq60y2d ... 0.pk3/file
Updated 11/20/2020 I'd appreciate if you used this INI: http://www.mediafire.com/file/89vz3kne0 ... e.ini/file

Loads with doom2.wad for the moment. standalone release eventuallyâ„¢

displacement maps update

Mostly a texture update, minor level updates and bugfixes.

Spoiler:

It'd make me super happy to have some people following my progress on my youtube or here, or anywhere. I'm very lonely. xD

Idea is pretty straightforward. A (mostly)melee brawler with rougelite elements, random enemy spawns and weapon spawns. Working on level themes mostly, have a handful of enemies I'd call finished always open to criticism though. There'll be tons of weapons of varying usefulness and guns based on realworld ones because that's what I like, separate ammo for everything too because losing is fun. Style for characters and weapons will be PS1 blocky/chunky because it's easiest for me to animate like that. I have a couple guns and a club already in but I'm dissatisfied with their level of polish and starting over.
Last edited by grotski on Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:39 pm, edited 11 times in total.
grotski

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP] Odam

Postby Leglock » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:04 am

I am always up for a Roguelite experience. I always wanted a Doom mod fo sorts. When you have any Demo to test, I will roll it!
Leglock

Discord: Leggo#8138
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby grotski » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:11 pm

I can have a demo out within the week I think, mostly want to redo the weapons I've got right now. Curious as to how well this runs on other people's machines too. I've got fairly large textures and at one point a bug was lagging my rather beefy computer.
grotski

Postby 4shot » Tue Sep 29, 2020 4:35 pm

Looks intriguing. I'll keep my eyes peeled for a demo so I can give it a shot.
4shot

Postby PRIMEVAL » Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:35 pm

The atmosphere is odam good!

Heh, sorry. But really, the dark dreariness is very creamy!
PRIMEVAL

Discord: Primeval#4268

Re: [WIP-Demo] Odam

Postby grotski » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:05 pm

Trying my damnedest to get a special death chance on melee kills for one of the monsters in. Pretty outside my purview of skill. New demo when I've made a new level theme.
grotski

Re: [WIP-Demo] Odam

Postby grotski » Fri Nov 20, 2020 5:38 pm

Minor update, texture overhaul, bugfixes, level updates, added displacement shader from DGD's PBR Shader Revamp Project.

chugs on gzdoom latest, use 4.4.2

Demo here: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b8pq60y2d ... 0.pk3/file
INI: http://www.mediafire.com/file/89vz3kne0 ... e.ini/file
grotski

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects