Ashes Afterglow TC - Version 1.08, page 80 (and poll)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

You’re heading into the DEATH ZONE. Is your gear prepared? What do you think you’ll see out there?

Poll runs till Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:14 pm

I'm hoping to see something like the first episode, more linear and less dialogue but with more options for replay.
3%
I'm hoping to see something like Afterglow - semi-open-world and lots of quests to discover and people to talk to.
38%
I'd like to see a mix of the two - an open world but more separation between action and safe areas. Optional dialogue if possible.
25%
Any of the above as long as there is less of the bike.
3%
Any of the above but less dialog in general unless necessary.
6%
I'm not sure what I'm expecting to see, I'm just hoping it'll be fun.
9%
[CHARISMA 10] I wanna see more of that fat ass, boom chicka wow wow!
15%

Total votes : 87

Re: (V1.05 Page50) Ashes Afterglow TC

Postby Big_Boss » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:09 am

@Vostyok you mentioned it before, but at point you would think about recompling both episodes in one WAD on same textures or whatever it was thats differentiate them between themselves?
Big_Boss

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Postby Wally Hackenslacker » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:10 pm

Vostyok wrote:Thank you for all the "missing textures" spots in lzdoom. These are not actually missing textures, these are places where the nodebuilding has failed and opened the map up to the void. This is an LZDOOM issue and while we had someone testing this port none of the blank spots where mentioned during feedback. Sadly with a project of this scale, it is very hard to catch all of the issues in a satisfactory manner without playing through it ourselves a lot more (than we already did). We've decided to extend playtesting time and more carefully vet any playtesters in any future releases in order to avoid this issue.

And I was wondering why I was seeing so many more "missing texture" spots in 1.05. Guess I'll have to upgrade my potato to something that can decently run full GZDoom someday :p.

Vostyok wrote:As for the race snipers, they are meant to do that, just to make things more interesting. Any sense of them particularly targeting you more than the other races is purely coincidental. Honest. :p

I didn't notice at all! I was thinking that maybe I was hitting them with Lucy's jump ability by accident without noticing or something like that.

On another note, I just finished Prosperity in 1.05, going about pretty much the same as my playthrough for 1.02 that softlocked with the bomb planting mission in the junkyard that triggered early, and this time it worked perfectly and could finish the hub without any issue!
Wally Hackenslacker

Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Ihavequestions » Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:04 pm

Wally Hackenslacker wrote:On another note, I just finished Prosperity in 1.05, going about pretty much the same as my playthrough for 1.02 that softlocked with the bomb planting mission in the junkyard that triggered early, and this time it worked perfectly and could finish the hub without any issue!
So, on my second playthrough now, I chose to go in a different direction here and there, got to the Dome this time (fantastic map, very impressive!), got into a deal with the Baron instead of killing him, and now am trying to plant the bombs (first time I'd just killed all the Roamers with gunfire, never planting any bomb whatsoever). Without alerting anyone, without shooting... it doesn't work. As soon as I install the first bomb, they all get alerted.

And on a side note, I must have missed finding the video game cartridge this time. Wasn't it supposed to be in Smiley's secret stash? Frankly, I don't remember much regarding all the collectives from my first playthrough. Afterglow is such a huge and varied episode, after all.
Ihavequestions

Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby AmissaAnima » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:58 pm

Yohoho the Quiz master if thee are looking for the booty which is thy Game it's
Spoiler:

Unrelated to the answer itself but something has crossed my mind recently regarding Ashes. Like what if there was a seperate campaign where instead of a Scav you play as a Mutant. This mostly comes up from my recent viewing of Alien vs Predator games. And the fact that playing as the enemy that fights against the humans is rather fun. If people show interest in my idea i could go into more detail regarding it. :p
AmissaAnima
Doctor Death at your Disservice

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby bluehawk2008 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:00 pm

I've discovered that if you aggro hiding trash-hags from a distance using the scope on the jusket, and force them to come out hiding, they become invulnerable. Shooting them produces sparks instead of blood and they don't take damage.
bluehawk2008

Postby Ihavequestions » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:35 am

AmissaAnima wrote:Yohoho the Quiz master if thee are looking for the booty which is thy Game it's
Spoiler:
Cool, thanks. I had totally overlooked it (and also the shotgun shells) when I was there the first time.

Unrelated to the answer itself but something has crossed my mind recently regarding Ashes. Like what if there was a seperate campaign where instead of a Scav you play as a Mutant. This mostly comes up from my recent viewing of Alien vs Predator games. And the fact that playing as the enemy that fights against the humans is rather fun. If people show interest in my idea i could go into more detail regarding it. :p
Some Brutal Doom variations have that as a power-up: demons leaving a pentagram charge that will turn you into either a revenant or a baron for a limited amount of time. For Ashes, I can imagine playing a Haunt would be fun.

Anyway, here's another bug I noticed: Every time I get off of Lucy, the game switches to the Junker Musket (with and without upgrades). It occasionally does that also when I leave weapon-tooling mode (at a workbench), but that one seems difficult to reproduce.
Ihavequestions

Postby Sátántangó » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:27 pm

I can't seem to get the proper ending for what I did in the game

Spoiler:

Did anyone get that ending or know what is supposed to happen? I'm really curious because this story is very interesting.
Sátántangó

Postby Sátántangó » Wed Nov 17, 2021 12:35 pm

Ihavequestions wrote:
Wally Hackenslacker wrote: As soon as I install the first bomb, they all get alerted.

Spoiler:
Sátántangó

Postby Captain J » Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:56 pm

Sátántangó wrote:I can't seem to get the proper ending for what I did in the game

Spoiler:

Did anyone get that ending or know what is supposed to happen? I'm really curious because this story is very interesting.
Spoiler:
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Ihavequestions » Wed Nov 17, 2021 3:30 pm

Sátántangó wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Ihavequestions on Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ihavequestions

Postby Sátántangó » Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:02 pm

Captain J wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Ihavequestions wrote:
Sátántangó wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Sátántangó

Postby AmissaAnima » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:56 pm

Ihavequestions wrote:
AmissaAnima wrote:Yohoho the Quiz master if thee are looking for the booty which is thy Game it's
Spoiler:
Cool, thanks. I had totally overlooked it (and also the shotgun shells) when I was there the first time.

Some Brutal Doom variations have that as a power-up: demons leaving a pentagram charge that will turn you into either a revenant or a baron for a limited amount of time. For Ashes, I can imagine playing a Haunt would be fun.

Anyway, here's another bug I noticed: Every time I get off of Lucy, the game switches to the Junker Musket (with and without upgrades). It occasionally does that also when I leave weapon-tooling mode (at a workbench), but that one seems difficult to reproduce.

Not as a powerup mate. I meant as in it's own campaign. Starting out as a mutant and doing things like killing and sabotaging for other outposts and the like.

Off topic and spoilery talk
Spoiler:
AmissaAnima
Doctor Death at your Disservice

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Vostyok » Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:15 am

Yeah, with regards to that specific quest item you get from Rigs, there is actually dialogue in the files for this eventuality (should the scavenger not want to involve themselves in this potentially dangerous mission). I'm hopefully adding it back in as an option, since we did plan for it to change some things in the future.
Vostyok
I have no mouse and I must meme

Discord: Vostyok#3164

Postby Ihavequestions » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:31 am

Sátántangó wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

EDIT:
Spoiler:
Ihavequestions

Postby Big_Boss » Thu Nov 18, 2021 11:25 am

Ihavequestions wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Big_Boss

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects