Ashes Afterglow TC - update and sterilized! Pg104

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: (V1.05 Page50) Ashes Afterglow TC

Postby Captain J » Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:13 am

Kroc wrote:The Roamers mission continues to be inscrutable:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby EddieNahui » Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:23 am

NovaRain wrote:
EddieNahui wrote:I have a question but it will be under the spoiler tag
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
EddieNahui

Postby Galrohir » Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:03 am

Kroc wrote:Is there no way to place the bombs without alerting everybody? I don't understand if I haven't got the game in the right state or if I really am supposed to just run my ass off and avoid getting killed?

Edit: I did exactly that, and that appears to have worked; at least the Baron mission was successful.

There is a way to do so without alerting everybody

Spoiler:

Hope this helps!
Galrohir

Postby Kroc » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:33 pm

Fantastic answers, Captain J, Galrohir -- that really clears things up! I had discovered two of the hidden spots, but I had just assumed that there were only 4 in total anyway!
Kroc
PortaDOOM, DOOM-Crusher

Github ID: Kroc
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby LaputanMachine » Fri Nov 12, 2021 2:11 pm

I've played through Afterglow in its entirety only a couple times at this point, and I still have the feeling that there's more I'm still missing even if I get all the marked secrets. What other ways are there to complete quests? What hidden dialogue options have I not found yet? What if there's a part of one of the maps that's impossible to find if you're not being totally clever and observant? I'm just amazed at how much there is already and how much there could be yet.
Personally, I think there's so much to this game that it wouldn't be a bad idea to make an entire wiki for Ashes. Somewhere to collect all the information we have so far and speculate from there.
Further notes are in the spoiler tag.
Spoiler:
LaputanMachine

Discord: LaputanMachine#0474

Postby NovaRain » Fri Nov 12, 2021 5:41 pm

For Barrett
Spoiler:
NovaRain

Postby AmissaAnima » Fri Nov 12, 2021 10:01 pm

Vostyok. As someone who has played through Chapter 1 countless times (i honestly forgot the exact number maybe between 5-7 times?) and finding myself not losing interest in it that easily and i honestly found myself to enjoy it despite knowing what to expect after countless playthroughs it just encouraged me to try new tactics and the like.

Any way enough of that il just get straight to the point. Episode 2 is by far the most interesting unique atmospheric sublime awesome Doom Mod that i have ever played.
I even found myself getting stuck playing it for several periods of the time expecting it to end but it never seemed to do that.

And for that alone i started enjoying it more and more as the time went on. There was so much stuff to see so many secret treasures to uncover so much so that i couldn't find them all.

And that just shows how well placed they actually are. You gotta work for them you just can't go around pushing the USE key on every single wall it was made in a way that you had to apply real effort in order to get some much needed extra ammo and what not.

I honestly can go on to praise the fantastic work that this mod actually is for well over an hour. But i don't want to flood the page lol. Any way good work really really really good work.

You are one of the people i can actually respect someone who puts their mind into creating something big instead of just lazing around doing nothing.

You got to where you are today thanks too all of your amazing effort that was put into this Mod hell it can even be mistaken for a Game as a whole it honestly suprises me what people can actually make when you set them loose in the world.
AmissaAnima
Got bored of previous pfp

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby pulkmees » Sat Nov 13, 2021 12:53 am

Is there another version coming ?

Spoiler:

Also great work on everything. Annoyingly well done textures and maps. I had similar sewerlike maps in mind to make on my own doom thing, but now it's left in the dust.

Regarding registering here.
Spoiler:
pulkmees

Postby Jblade » Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:59 am

Replaying the mod, still loving it but stumbled across an issue - my bike's disappeared on me. I swear I left it outside of Prosperity but when I came back out, it's gone and I can't find it anywhere. Is there a console command to spawn it in, since I can't progress to the final section without it?
Jblade

Postby Vostyok » Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:10 pm

AmissaAnima wrote:
....You are one of the people i can actually respect someone who puts their mind into creating something big instead of just lazing around doing nothing....

Many thanks for all the kind words. I am really happy you enjoyed it. I've still got a lot I want to do with the world, so keep an eye on us. I am always working very hard.... yes...
Spoiler:

pulkmees wrote:Is there another version coming ?

Spoiler:

Also great work on everything. Annoyingly well done textures and maps. I had similar sewerlike maps in mind to make on my own doom thing, but now it's left in the dust.

Regarding registering here.
Spoiler:

Sorry to hear about that. Have hopefully dealt with the Smiley issue, as well as some other sequence break issues. Not sure when next version will go live, as there are a lot of issues I want to correct and every time I put out a major one, the very nature of the beast will invalidate saves.

As for forums issues, I am sure it is a anti-bots preventative issue. Also the posts tend to get accepted once a moderator sees them, which can vary depending on who is free. I'm usually around somewhere though, so if you have a burning issue, try dropping a comment on one of my Youtube vids. Sorry, I'm not so easy to contact anymore :oops:

Jblade wrote:Replaying the mod, still loving it but stumbled across an issue - my bike's disappeared on me. I swear I left it outside of Prosperity but when I came back out, it's gone and I can't find it anywhere. Is there a console command to spawn it in, since I can't progress to the final section without it?

I've discovered the issue and it is do with actors being sent to Oblivion if they try to spawn near slopes during a map change. I'm going to try to isolate the issue and raise a bug report, but in the meantime:

Anyone suffering from vanishing Motorcycle chan:

enter the following codes in the console:

Summon VehicleMotorcycle (un-upgraded bike)

Summon VehicleMotorcycle2 (bike with full upgrades)

everyone else:
What you do with this information now is up to you.
Vostyok
ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS ORKS

Discord: Vostyok#3164

Postby atarumoroboshi18 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:23 pm

You know what I thought of that would be fun? How about in the next episode you have a choice at the very start of the game for a few different, seemingly mundane items(a train ticket, a locket, a piece of mail for a giveaway that turns out to be a winner, etc.) You can only choose one item, but that choice at the start will influence a somewhat large event in the future. (Train ticket opens up a special door, Locket has a code hidden in it that opens up a safe, giveaway mail has a location for a secret location only accessible if you have it, etc.) Just something to throw out there.
atarumoroboshi18

Postby Rex705 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:37 pm

A weird little glitch I had back when I was going for the new Smily secret mission. I wanted to get right to it so I just skipped to The Wall and went to talk with Smily but he didn't have much to say all his dialog was gone and just said hello what's up. I found out I had to do the first two maps and get the radio for him to talk to me then I could get the secret mission.
Rex705

Discord: Rex705
Twitch ID: Rex705

Postby AmissaAnima » Sat Nov 13, 2021 7:13 pm

Oh yea if i'm going to point out bugs and or suggestions do i need to mark them with a spoiler?
AmissaAnima
Got bored of previous pfp

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Postby Caligari87 » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:31 pm

Unpleasantness split, carry on.

8-)
Caligari87
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089
Github ID: caligari87

Postby NovaRain » Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:32 pm

Vostyok wrote:I've discovered the issue and it is do with actors being sent to Oblivion if they try to spawn near slopes during a map change.

I encountered another issue regarding bike/Lucy:
When I got to the 2nd hub, I talked to people in Prosperity and went to the junkyard, killed Hauer and got my bike back.
I rode Lucy back to the main gate of Prosperity first, then my upgraded bike, so now I got two "vehicles".
If I ride Lucy and go to the junkyard again with her, I'll get stuck in a state like controlling the bike (turning left/right with momentum) and when I dismount, my control is still bike-like and I cannot use weapons.
If I return to the hub map while riding her, I cannot even change the direction anymore. Things work fine if I just drive the bike.
NovaRain

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects