(Weapons Pack V2.0 Release ) Ashes Afterglow TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- Team Assembled

Postby Vostyok » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:03 pm

Updated the front page with a weapons guide. Adding items, monsters and other stuff at some point.
Vostyok
Picture by RetroMuffin34 <3

Discord: Vostyok#3164

Postby TheOldKingCole » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:57 pm

I made an edited version of the FAL addon for 2063, would it be okay for me to share it on that thread or this one?
TheOldKingCole

Postby Leglock » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:25 pm

Ashes 2063 is by far one of my favourites TC. Everything in that games touches the right buttoms for me.

I can't wait for Afterglow!
Leglock

Discord: Leggo#8138
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Vostyok » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:21 pm

TheOldKingCole wrote:I made an edited version of the FAL addon for 2063, would it be okay for me to share it on that thread or this one?

I'm not sure if it will be compatible with the current working mod, but I am interested to see it. Post it here, if you like. The old thread is sealed and will not reopen for some time.

Also on the subject, TheRailgunner, you already have my permission to make whatever changes necessary if you decide to remake Jetfire.

Leglock, thanks for the comment :) I hope the wait was worth it.

Added an enemy roster on the front page with some of the current planned bestiary. Expect changes or additions. Mutation is never predictable.
Vostyok

Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- Team Assembled

Postby atarumoroboshi18 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:44 pm

Damn, just replayed A2063 again. Super fun! The levels really are the star of the show, packed with tons of details in everything. I'm super stoked for Ashes: Afterglow!
atarumoroboshi18

Postby TheOldKingCole » Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:57 pm

Vostyok wrote:
TheOldKingCole wrote:I made an edited version of the FAL addon for 2063, would it be okay for me to share it on that thread or this one?

I'm not sure if it will be compatible with the current working mod, but I am interested to see it. Post it here, if you like. The old thread is sealed and will not reopen for some time.

Also on the subject, TheRailgunner, you already have my permission to make whatever changes necessary if you decide to remake Jetfire.

Leglock, thanks for the comment :) I hope the wait was worth it.

Added an enemy roster on the front page with some of the current planned bestiary. Expect changes or additions. Mutation is never predictable.

Thanks

So I made it so that the the FAL can use the knife melee and well as zoom separately, as well as using the same ammo as the Ingram

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CLcbwh ... sp=sharing
TheOldKingCole

Postby Vostyok » Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:29 am

Heh, that's pretty cool. Maybe we can use that in Afterglow. The Zoom key is being used for special functions like the lantern now.

Updated weapons guide to include items.
Vostyok

Postby TheOldKingCole » Sat Sep 12, 2020 8:49 am

Vostyok wrote:Heh, that's pretty cool. Maybe we can use that in Afterglow. The Zoom key is being used for special functions like the lantern now.

Updated weapons guide to include items.

Awesome. Also let me tell you it was fun journey trying to figure out how to make it so that holding the zoom key didn't rapid fire zooming and unzooming
TheOldKingCole

Postby Vostyok » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:09 am

Yeah, that was pretty neat trick! I found out the hard way that +NOAUTOFIRE doesn't work on zooms or reloads :D

New feature has been tentatively included in the current working build:

By popular demand, the lantern can now be used in tandem with one-handed weapons such as the Crowbar, Revolver and 9mm Autoloader.
It clips on your belt when not in use now, so automatically recharges in sunlight, no matter what you are doing. I've also added a literal battery counter to both huds.

If it works during the playtest, I'll think about running this in the full version.

Disclaimer: Production model. Styles and colors may vary than that shown.
Vostyok

Postby TheOldKingCole » Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:20 am

Vostyok wrote:Yeah, that was pretty neat trick! I found out the hard way that +NOAUTOFIRE doesn't work on zooms or reloads :D

By popular demand, the lantern can now be used in tandem with one-handed weapons such as the Crowbar, Revolver and 9mm Autoloader.
It clips on your belt when not in use now, so automatically recharges in sunlight, no matter what you are doing. I've also added a literal battery counter to both huds.

If it works during the playtest, I'll think about running this in the full version.

If you need any help with play testing I would be glad to help. I've done that for a handful of mods in the past, specifically Ali's Challenger (Also known as Ali's Brutal Doom)
TheOldKingCole

Postby JunkerKun » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:56 pm

Vostyok wrote:Yeah, that was pretty neat trick! I found out the hard way that +NOAUTOFIRE doesn't work on zooms or reloads :D

Nice! I haven't used the lantern in the first episode because it was safer to just hump the walls with a shotgun in hands )
Should crowbar be concidered a single-handed weapon though?

Will you update weapon sprites for the first episode after the release?
JunkerKun

Postby JMP-Jack » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:28 pm

If you need a couple of 80s style guitar solos for free, you can count on me. I can collaborate with Primeval for the main or the ending track if he want.
My skills:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPAYZo ... subscriber
or
https://www.instagram.com/jmp_jack_1/?hl=it
JMP-Jack

Postby Captain J » Sat Sep 12, 2020 10:52 pm

Vostyok wrote:

You know, maybe i gave a lot of suggestions and feedback to Ashes back in the day, but i honestly never thought of that. But i do wonder how's he gonna load his weapon especially the revolver?
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby JunkerKun » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:07 am

Captain J wrote:
Vostyok wrote:

You know, maybe i gave a lot of suggestions and feedback to Ashes back in the day, but i honestly never thought of that. But i do wonder how's he gonna load his weapon especially the revolver?

Main character magic )
But yeah. I guess the lantern will be hidden during reload?
JunkerKun

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Sun Sep 13, 2020 7:58 am

This is SOOOOO cool ...I will play the hell out of this mod
Ferretmanjcdenton

Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Operating System: Other Linux ARM/PPC/etc
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects