Ashes Afterglow TC - Version 1.08, page 80 (and poll)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

You’re heading into the DEATH ZONE. Is your gear prepared? What do you think you’ll see out there?

Poll runs till Fri Feb 04, 2022 6:14 pm

I'm hoping to see something like the first episode, more linear and less dialogue but with more options for replay.
4%
I'm hoping to see something like Afterglow - semi-open-world and lots of quests to discover and people to talk to.
40%
I'd like to see a mix of the two - an open world but more separation between action and safe areas. Optional dialogue if possible.
26%
Any of the above as long as there is less of the bike.
4%
Any of the above but less dialog in general unless necessary.
5%
I'm not sure what I'm expecting to see, I'm just hoping it'll be fun.
9%
[CHARISMA 10] I wanna see more of that fat ass, boom chicka wow wow!
14%

Total votes : 81

Re: (Release 1.00) Ashes Afterglow TC

Postby Captain J » Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:58 am

Finished playing Dead Man Walking today and each Cutscene pic was all brilliant and well made. Feels positively a lot different now and i also like how the Rippers look different than any other Raiders!
Spoiler: "IDMYPOS is NOT on because there are no map issues i'd like to talk about"
Also mega Congrats for releasing Afterglow TC version 1.00!! This month is going great with the Post-Apocalyptic stuff. :D
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby TheRedCrow » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:45 am

I need confirmation on this because it's driving me crazy, but spoiler for the gap, possibly.
Spoiler:
TheRedCrow

Postby ReformedJoe » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:48 am

There are 0 places where blaster jumping (or any other movement exploit) is needed to progress.

So to answer your question, absolutely not.
ReformedJoe

Postby Cynderstone » Sat Oct 23, 2021 11:55 am

So maybe it's because I'm using Rocket Launcher, but when I try to launch Afterglow with Doom2 as the base WAD I land on this error screen:

Spoiler:

Just wondering if there's any ideas? Rocket is my preferred launcher, so I'd rather not switch if I can help it. for some reason I'm terrible with other ones.
Cynderstone

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby wildweasel » Sat Oct 23, 2021 12:12 pm

The launcher should be fine - consider checking your version of GZDoom, though, as it might not be up to date.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Cynderstone » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:07 pm

wildweasel wrote:The launcher should be fine - consider checking your version of GZDoom, though, as it might not be up to date.

Will do! I decided to play through dead man walking first, so I think I'll finish that first I think, lol

edit: I stepped away, came back and updated, and sure enough that did it! Thanks!
Last edited by Cynderstone on Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cynderstone

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Echelon5 » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:15 pm

I'm not crazy, right, you're supposed to be able to jump the fence with the rideable mutant in the south badlands? Because I cant make this dang jump lol.
Echelon5

Postby Vostyok » Sat Oct 23, 2021 1:27 pm

Echelon5 wrote:I'm not crazy, right, you're supposed to be able to jump the fence with the rideable mutant in the south badlands? Because I cant make this dang jump lol.

Yeah, you can. It takes a little run-up, though. Run up the ramp, stop just as you reach the edge, then hit altfire.

I'll make it a little easier in next build.
Vostyok
I have no mouse and I must meme

Discord: Vostyok#3164

Postby Jarewill » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:43 pm

Oh my goodness, Afterglow released!
I've been having a blast playing it on survival difficulty: Definitely harder than in the demo!
I barely fixed up my bike and departed after making sure to 100% the entire hub. (I was really surprised at the amount of side quests in it)
Will continue playing it later, but I feel like this is gonna become one of my favorite Doom TCs. :D
Jarewill

Postby CyberneticPhantom » Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:58 pm

So quick question
Spoiler:
CyberneticPhantom

Discord: CyberneticPhantom#6387

Postby Vostyok » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:01 pm

CyberneticPhantom wrote:So quick question
Spoiler:

It was intended that you recover them all after the fight. They can be found in the arena.
Just to clarify, did you die during the cutscene that proceeded it?
Vostyok

Postby CyberneticPhantom » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:05 pm

Oh? I didn't progress too far past this so can go back luckily, maybe I missed them somehow. But yes I did die in the cutscene
CyberneticPhantom

Discord: CyberneticPhantom#6387

Postby Vostyok » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:23 pm

Okay. I'll fix this. Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.
Vostyok

(Release 1.02) Ashes Afterglow TC

Postby Vostyok » Sat Oct 23, 2021 4:54 pm

https://www.mediafire.com/file/8s5xqdlb3jcle6w/AshesAfterglow1_02.pk3/file

Night Of The Hotfix

Update for Afterglow to version 1.02. Fixes a ton of the worst issues encountered. Main one - Bike now has keyboard AND mouse controls. No need to switch options for it. Please let me know how it feels. Will be pushing the bike controls fix over to 2063 Enriched shortly. Many thanks.

Please note: Keep a backup for saves. This will most likely break them due to the amount of changes.

changelog:
Spoiler:
Vostyok

Re: (Release 1.02) Ashes Afterglow TC

Postby efraletti » Sat Oct 23, 2021 7:58 pm

Hello, many thanks for this AAAA TC, great atmosphere and fun, a milestone for years to come.

I have completed Enriched 1.0 first episode, and started first map on DMW and noticed the following:

* map05 sub caverns:
- can confirm there is a monster closet close to the normal exit, mencioned in a post above, where mosters are stuck.
- secret exit to level map09, if you press the button to flood the area, gate opens, you walk all the way to the end, and water pours not from the grates but from the middle of the corridor, awkwardly.

* map51 dead man walking start: in the original one, after text intro, there was a red screen and our scav screams, waking from almost death being thrown in the ditch, with 10 health; a nice detail, unfortunately missing in Enriched.

for now, report over, and out.... (radio static)

again, contratulations all involved in this marvellous game.
efraletti

Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects