(Closed Playtest) Ashes Afterglow- DEFCON 1

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: (Closed Playtest) Ashes Afterglow- DEFCON 1

Postby Hermann_Wolf1 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:52 am

Now this is some of the best news I've heard in MONTHS!! :D
Hermann_Wolf1

Postby Joje » Sat Oct 09, 2021 11:55 am

Holy shit we are so close!!
Joje

Discord: joje#4104

Postby Thankyou » Sat Oct 09, 2021 1:35 pm

I can't remember the last time I looked this much forward to a game.
Thankyou

Postby atarumoroboshi18 » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:21 pm

atarumoroboshi18

Postby jiggly fatass » Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:31 pm

Fuck yeah! A big thank you to everyone who worked on this, it sounds like it was a rough ride.
jiggly fatass

Postby Max Dickings » Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:04 am

Oh god yes this is great news.

Now to mark this in my calendar. Sure hope I don't have any weekend-long camping trips that start on friday that day...

... oh god dammit. This is going to make that trip feel like its taking an eternity! :lol:
Max Dickings

Postby atarumoroboshi18 » Sat Oct 16, 2021 7:19 pm

You know, now that I think about it. Wouldn't it be an amazing thing to have a CD/cassette/MP3 player that you could play your own soundtrack in Ashes? It could play custom music, but would also have all the Ashes tunes to play at anytime you want. Was kind of inspired by Metal Gear Solid V for this.

Edit: Also bonus points for cassette tapes dotted around the world to play in the player.
atarumoroboshi18

Postby Hermann_Wolf1 » Sun Oct 17, 2021 11:29 am

atarumoroboshi18 wrote:You know, now that I think about it. Wouldn't it be an amazing thing to have a CD/cassette/MP3 player that you could play your own soundtrack in Ashes? It could play custom music, but would also have all the Ashes tunes to play at anytime you want. Was kind of inspired by Metal Gear Solid V for this.

Edit: Also bonus points for cassette tapes dotted around the world to play in the player.

Maybe that's going to be a thing in episode 3?? Anyhow, Im just super hyped for next friday! :mrgreen: 8-)
Hermann_Wolf1

Postby ramon.dexter » Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:05 am

atarumoroboshi18 wrote:You know, now that I think about it. Wouldn't it be an amazing thing to have a CD/cassette/MP3 player that you could play your own soundtrack in Ashes? It could play custom music, but would also have all the Ashes tunes to play at anytime you want. Was kind of inspired by Metal Gear Solid V for this.

Are you aware of the fact it will be released this friday 22nd?
ramon.dexter
rudebwoy

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Shadefyre » Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:25 pm

Just want to say that Afterglow has been one of my most anticipated games of this year, and I'm very excited now that it's nearly upon us. It's gonna be a day one coverage for me, even with a couple of solid other games coming the week immediately after. I am curious though, not to spoil anything but is there any well-hidden secret levels this time around, considering the more open structure of the game? I totally missed the Temple of the Dollar when I played 2063, and only went back to it during my later playthrough thanks to someone revealing how to find it.
Shadefyre

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects