(WIP) Ashes Afterglow- DEFCON 5

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- DEFCON 5

Postby Captain J » Tue Jul 06, 2021 4:27 am

That Junkyard map's gonna be super great and less confusing than Redneck Rampage one. Looks promising, as always!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Nmn » Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:20 am

Ahh it's so nice to see my favorite mod doing all-right! :)
Nmn
Just lurking about...

Postby Joje » Tue Jul 06, 2021 10:13 am

Not sure what locational damage would add to the gameplay, it would mess with the moody B-movie 80's vibe to introduce over the top gore.

Also those screenshots look juicy af, that shot of the stairs leading up to the mysterious trailer is doing things to my imagination. Cant wait!
Joje

Discord: joje#4104

Postby q3cpma » Sat Jul 10, 2021 3:05 pm

Joje wrote:Not sure what locational damage would add to the gameplay, it would mess with the moody B-movie 80's vibe to introduce over the top gore.

Also those screenshots look juicy af, that shot of the stairs leading up to the mysterious trailer is doing things to my imagination. Cant wait!

Personally, while I understand that the current spirit of Ashes isn't about this at all, I've wanted more than once to get a slower, more survival oriented gameplay in the vein of Shut Up and Bleed or Scavenger (maybe even slower, like a Hideous Destructor lite) to suit the intricate decor and exploration theme.
q3cpma

Postby Serathis » Sun Jul 11, 2021 1:46 pm

Jokes on you, Hideous Destructor has locational damage, not just for the head, but the spinal coulumn too! :)
Serathis

Postby Vostyok » Sun Jul 11, 2021 3:06 pm

Honestly would not be upset whatsoever if someone were to mash together a Stalker-Anomaly-esque hardcore mode mod.

Call it Hideous Mutant.
Vostyok
Picture by RetroMuffin34 <3

Discord: Vostyok#3164

Postby Aprhys » Sun Jul 11, 2021 5:34 pm

Just want to say I am really looking forward to this new instalment. Never has a game sucked me so into the story as Ashes and I can't wait for more.

Is there anyway to donate?

(I would have PM'd this but my account is too new)
Aprhys

Postby FluffyStuff » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:11 pm

Here's some Coverart I made for my steam library if anyone want's to use it. The fan art was not made by me, I just added effects and text etc. :).

Spoiler:
FluffyStuff

Postby Captain J » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:38 pm

Absolutely digging the detail there. I love the 80's feel to it, as it should be!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects