Re: Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- teaser video pg19

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Re: Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- Progress update pg17

Postby Captain J » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:28 am

Hope we can snag a Tank in there and fight some stronger monsters... To collect some sweet ass bounty!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- Progress update pg17

Postby atarumoroboshi18 » Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:15 pm

Just got one question...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
atarumoroboshi18

Postby RetroMuffin34 » Mon May 03, 2021 8:46 am

Great stuff!
RetroMuffin34

Discord: RetroMuffin34#9671

Re: Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- Progress update pg17

Postby TDG » Mon May 10, 2021 7:30 am

atarumoroboshi18 wrote:Just got one question...

The team is working towards the final release so most likely there will not be any more screenshots in between so not to spoil things.
TDG

Postby Thankyou » Tue May 11, 2021 10:41 am

Can't wait. I enjoyed this mod more than most games I've bought the last 10 years. If you put this on steam I'll def buy it just to support the team.
Thankyou

Postby Vostyok » Thu May 13, 2021 3:27 am

Hello!
Indeed, we are aiming at wrapping up soon so will not be putting too much out as much of the remaining art will be spoilerific in nature. Will try to make a video or something before that date.

While we have considered the option of a steam release, at present the team is unfavorable to this with regards to Ashes. We are really only doing this for fun, or hobbies sake. Still, having seen the success of such awesome works as Hedon and Shrine, it is something we may consider for the future.

More news soon.
Vostyok
I'm living in a cardboard box

Discord: Vostyok#3164

Postby gennoveus » Thu May 13, 2021 3:45 am

Vostyok wrote:Hello!
Indeed, we are aiming at wrapping up soon so will not be putting too much out as much of the remaining art will be spoilerific in nature. Will try to make a video or something before that date.

While we have considered the option of a steam release, at present the team is unfavorable to this with regards to Ashes. We are really only doing this for fun, or hobbies sake. Still, having seen the success of such awesome works as Hedon and Shrine, it is something we may consider for the future.

More news soon.

I'm super excited for the full release of Afterglow. Everything will be put on hold while I play it!

Whether it's Ashes or some future project, I will 100% be buying whatever you (and those helping you) produce. I've already had way more fun with Ashes than anything the AAA studios have been able to vomit out in the last few years.

Best wishes to you, man!
gennoveus
COMPOUND dev (VR, on Steam!)

Discord: Bevan#5831

Postby Caligari87 » Thu May 13, 2021 8:58 am

For what it's worth, I would love to see a standalone commercial release of Ashes on Steam/GoG/Itch and would most definitely pay money for it just on principle even if the free mod is still available on the forums.

8-)
Caligari87
I'm just here for the community
User Accounts Assistant

Discord: Caligari87#3089

Postby Joje » Sat May 15, 2021 5:45 pm

Caligari87 wrote:For what it's worth, I would love to see a standalone commercial release of Ashes on Steam/GoG/Itch and would most definitely pay money for it just on principle even if the free mod is still available on the forums.

8-)

They would have to make a lot of new textures and sprites then, all of the maps would look completely different (texture wise) since most is ripped from Hexen and other Doom engine games
Joje

Discord: joje#4104

Postby Leglock » Sat May 15, 2021 8:54 pm

Vostyok wrote:Hello!

More news soon.

Patreon is always an option. Is not even against the rules.
Leglock

Discord: Leggo#8138
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

(WIP) Ashes Afterglow- Progress update pg17

Postby ReformedJoe » Sun May 16, 2021 12:00 am

Just because, here's a quick little gameplay video showing off some new-ish stuff.

To be clear about the state of the project, we are definitely in the back half, if not quite the home stretch yet. But the end is in sight and we're all optimistic about a release this year.

The commercialization of ashes is not something, I think, the team has a moral opposition to. The biggest sticking point with it is the use of assets from other games, but the process of replacing this stuff with original work is ongoing. There's also the hobbyist point and the fact that injecting money into this might produce ugly results and conflict.

It is honestly something we haven't discussed much beyond a basic level. Like Vostyok says, it's something for us to think about
ReformedJoe

Postby Captain J » Sun May 16, 2021 4:43 am

That upgraded shotgun looks really Big, Long, Powerful and Beautiful... Also the detail of this map is as usual, majestic!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Re: Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- teaser video pg19

Postby Pachira » Sun May 16, 2021 3:17 pm

Love that camo paint on the shotty, plus the magazine upgrade.

I really like what you guys did with the upgrade system.
Pachira

Re: Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- teaser video pg19

Postby Scuba Steve » Sun May 16, 2021 7:10 pm

My body is ready.
Scuba Steve

Re: Re: Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- teaser video pg19

Postby Jj117 » Sun May 16, 2021 10:41 pm

I've played Afterglow on my phone using Beloko delta touch for my Android phone. It runs really smooth and it functions really well. We can add custom touch buttons for melee and all that. Seriously can't wait for this game. I just wish we could meet more friendly npc within the same map instead of going to another map. Do some quests given by friendly militia, or even go help remove monster lair with friendly militias
Jj117

Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects