Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- Demo Uploaded

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Re: (WIP) Ashes Afterglow- Demo Uploaded

Postby WiseFree » Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:13 pm

If you are finding the game a little too dark, try changing Sector Light Mode. It can be found in Display Options > Hardware Renderer. I have mine on Doom or Dark, but you might find standard, vanilla or even Legacy a better mix of shadows and illumination. It tends to raise the general luminescence without washing out the colors, as Gamma does.

Thank you very much i really needed that! Now i can walk normally without going strait to a wall every time and believe me it happened alot :lol:

I will be adding a new tutorial/prologue to the mod in the full release, which will allow you to test your brightness levels before the game begins. Kinda like a "adjust your brightness until the image on the far wall is barely visible", kinda thing.

Now that is a interesting though, wouldn't be funny if that tutorial would be set in a run down hospital , and going around it doing an "errand" for the station´s doctor but in fact its an test for him for his health or something? :wink:

Also, the lantern didn't always work? It only works with the revolver, autoloader and crowbar, and requires a charged solar battery to function. If it doesn't work outside of those criteria, is there any particular situation where it doesn't work?

Yea its really strange, everytime i press the button wen im outside (for that recharge or for show) it doesnt pop out at all. I keep pressing my button and it doesnt activate , i try changing the button to another one and it stays the same. And yes i try wen i use the revolver, autoloader and crowbar, even then it doesnt come out. :?
WiseFree

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Vostyok » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:00 pm

Hmm. That is really strange. It won't stay out if the battery is empty of course. But it should at least try to activate.

Oh, you don't actually need to have it out to recharge it anymore. Just stand in direct sunlight with any weapon. It should charge automatically.

If not, there may be another bug, but cannot imagine what it would be.
Vostyok
WARNING - SPOOPY MODE ACTIVE

Discord: Vostyok#3164

Postby WiseFree » Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:11 am

Good news! I managed to fix it, i had deleted the mod and wen to get it again, and wen i try to activate the lantern it worked! Maybe it was an error on while downloading the mod or something to make this happen, but thank you so much for the help Vostyok! I really mean it , now i can play the game normally with all its esplendor and everything!
I do wonder though wen is the next update coming? I hunger for more of it, like i said before the views are so beautiful that i loose more time watching it more than the fights itself, its like that old saying " a picture is worth a thousand words" and you really perfectly make that sentence come true . So keep it up, for i will examine each and all detail you can provide witch secrets are also included, oh that reminds me those said secrets really tricky i give ya that , i lost i couple hours and some head to desk slams ( lightly i might say) just to figure it out were they are so kudos for you and joe if he helped doing.
WiseFree

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects