The City of the Damned : Apocalypse | Remaster | v2.0 | Oct, 31st 2023

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Clownman

Re: The City of the Damned : Apocalypse | Remaster | Dev

Post by Clownman »

Tormentor667 wrote:
Clownman wrote:Terminusest13 made a custom Corvus face that would probably fit the player skin you are using.
Would you mind sharing this one?

I really liked the static Blazko but I am open for a better option even though it is not high priority to me to be honest.

*EDIT*
Wrong topic I guess, Scuba, for Apocalypse we will most propably have something original :)
It was used for Samsara, but he also put it up for use on a thread with most of the custom stuff made for the mod.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thanks kindly, that looks indeed pretty cool but to be honest I wonder what's the better choice for TCotD1 - keeping BJ or adding Corvus... for TCotD2 we have other plans :)
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

It's getting deeper and deeper! Brilliant, bleak, dark and glamorously gory TC. The enemies are well hidden enough to spook you and when the alarm goes off... You'd better hide. Because there's something much worse and will haunt you forever.
Spoiler: And here's some feedback for you(maybe spoilers are included)
I know it's a many moons old TC to begin with, but updating it a bit wouldn't be so bad!
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

I'll fix the homing thing for butcher, but mind you it aims at you only for a very limited angle... And about transparent ivory blood for nightmares, well thought it would give a better idea for players that they are hitting them :)
Several stuff has been improved already by Nash, now I am not on comp so in case I'll check the other issues later, or Torm. Thanks we need more feedbacks like these Captain J, let come!
Nash

Post by Nash »

Spoiler: Contains spoilers but this is in reply to Captain J
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

I see... Then what should i do next? I collected 10 keys in total and got stuck at the train station. Should i wait for the train or...
Nash

Post by Nash »

I see that you already have the skull. Which most likely meant you solved the church tiles through trial-and-error and/or save scumming. :P That's all good, because in the remake we've now changed it so that...
Spoiler:
As for your progress, here's what you have to do next:
Spoiler:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

So yeah, i finally beat the TC. I finally did the right thing and the town was safe. And i also managed to pick some issues i did not find and here they are!:
Spoiler:
Thanks for the good TC and the experience, btw!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thanks for the hints CaptainJ, I will take care of these :)
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Torm, if you're interested, I'd love to re-work my journal notes to make them a little less... verbose. Some of them could be way more succinct without sacrificing the story or the atmosphere.

Of course, if someone else is already doing this, I'm happy to let them get on with it. Would just be nice to rectify this if I get the chance. Congratulations on the remaster so far!
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by TiberiumSoul »

so Willkuer and I are collabing on an external weapon set people can utilize if they don't want to use the included arsenal...

here's the Mondragon 1908
Model by EA|Dice<br />Sprites by Willkuer<br />Hands by Monolith
Model by EA|Dice
Sprites by Willkuer
Hands by Monolith
mondragon_test6.gif (166.6 KiB) Viewed 2415 times
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

TiberiumSoul wrote:So Willkuer and I are collabing on an external weapon set people can utilize if they don't want to use the included arsenal... here's the Mondragon 1908
Where the second hand gun wasn't much of a use, I really like the Mondragon, it looks awesome. Chances of having it submitted to our Git? I think we could use that well :)
Skippy wrote:Torm, if you're interested, I'd love to re-work my journal notes to make them a little less... verbose. Some of them could be way more succinct without sacrificing the story or the atmosphere. Of course, if someone else is already doing this, I'm happy to let them get on with it. Would just be nice to rectify this if I get the chance. Congratulations on the remaster so far!
I would totally appreciate this. We actually plan to add some additional text notes to the mod anyway and having your style and improvements would be very much appreciated. Are you capable of using GitHub? (that's how we organize the project currently)
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

i mean yeah i'd love to see it put in to the official release, but im still tweaking it on the decorate level, once 1.0 of our external weapons comes out feel free to run through the remaster with it and pilfer what you think fits.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

I am *njmcode* on GitHub, Torm. Happy to help.
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

the cistern looks better than i could have accomplished... mine was based on a map layout from amnesia the dark descent

edit: having no idea how github works is there a better way to ship the mondragon to you? also you may want to disable the weapon sway on a vertical level because the sprites for the guns have clipping points that make them float in midair

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”