TEMPLE OF THE LIZARD MEN 5 - GOLD EDITION RELEASED!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Alando1

TEMPLE OF THE LIZARD MEN 5 - GOLD EDITION RELEASED!

Post by Alando1 »

Hello, everyone! Hope all of you are doing well. I present to you, Temple of the Lizard Men 5! This is the fifth and final installment of the Temple of the Lizard Men series. As much as it sounds a bit sad that I will not be making another Temple of the Lizard Men wad, at least I can say this new installment will give the series a great ending and will not disappoint. Below is the official trailer.

For over 10 years, I've enjoyed bringing all of you the Temple of the Lizard Men series. It puts a smile on my face knowing that my work is being enjoyed by many. Ever more so, it's always a pleasure to hear positive feedback as well as constructive criticisms. For every installment of the series, the feedback I had received continuously helps shape the quality and design of the game. I would like to thank each and every one of you (including my beta testers) for being with me on this long journey through these years. Temple of the Lizard Men 5, I hope, will be a fun and memorable experience for all of you.

Thank you :)

RELEASE TRAILER:

OLD TRAILER:

What does Temple of the Lizard Men 5 bring to the series?

- Larger and more complex maps.
- Two hub maps allowing the player to choose which level they want to play first and in whatever order they want.
- At the end of each map, there is a puzzle item the player will pick up and use within the hub levels.
- Less arsenal that requires reloading (More runnin' n gunnin'!).
- Smaller wad/pk3 file size.
- Expands compatibility from GZDoom 1.8.2 to the current version of GZDoom.
- Compatible with Zandronum 3.0
- Compatible with LZDoom

**TEMPLE OF THE LIZARD MEN 5: GOLD EDITION IS NOW AVAILABLE! ENJOY!**

DOWNLOAD GOLD EDITION:
https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xvh7bpuv ... q9uxs&dl=0

TOTLM5 Gold Changelog:

- Pressing the fire key for the Dual Enforcers will fire one Enforcer at a time
- Any weapon with a reload function can now be reloaded using either Alt-Fire or the Reload Key
- Changed some texture graphics
- Touch-ups to some levels - added bonus secrets to some...
- Added a new secret level which can be accessed via MAP01 - Can you find it?
- Changed Player 1 & Player 3 names

**ADD-ONS**

Weapon Replacement Pack 1: https://www.dropbox.com/s/wgej7k2e5mejw ... 1.zip?dl=0

Included:

Quad Shotgun (Replaces Striker MKII)
Minigun (Replaces Stinger)
UT99 Sniper Rifle (Replaces default Sniper Rifle)

**Be sure to check out the other Temple of the Lizard Men wads below:**

Temple of the Lizard Men Remake - V2.0:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4pw2td0rrs2bo ... 0.zip?dl=0

Temple of the Lizard Men 2 - V2.0:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7twiifjvlhncy ... 2.zip?dl=0

TOTLM2 Doomworld Link to Former Version:
https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/16 ... ard-men-2/

Temple of the Lizard Men 3 - V2.0:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ulob1hsu69b74 ... 3.zip?dl=0

TOTLM3 Doomworld Link to Former Version:
https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/17 ... ard-men-3/

Temple of the Lizard Men 4 - V2.0:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hebdnaddnpvab ... 0.zip?dl=0

TOTLM4 Doomworld Link to Former Version:
https://www.doomworld.com/files/file/18 ... ard-men-4/

TOTLM4 Music Patch for YouTube and Twitch:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8e8vfjtxjyle ... h.zip?dl=0

-Alando1
Last edited by Alando1 on Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:18 pm, edited 11 times in total.
Combinebobnt

Re: Temple of the Lizard Men 5 - The Final Chapter

Post by Combinebobnt »

Been playing TotLM in survival mp recently. Got thru 1 & 2 so far. (I've only played #3 in sp)

`- Compatible with Zandronum 3.0` - yay for multiplayer
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

I guess it's time for me to finally play through this series. The trailer looks great.
MFG38
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by MFG38 »

Looking forward to this! :D

Think I'll finally go play TOTLM4 while I wait.
RichterBelmont12

Post by RichterBelmont12 »

Oooooh boy I'm going to enjoy this that is for sure maybe for Doom December 2020 for my channel. :)
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, I'm currently assembling my team of beta testers. If anyone else wants to hop in, feel free to let me know. Hope all of you are safe and well :)

-Alando1
AlphaSoraKun
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by AlphaSoraKun »

Wishing you good luck, Alando1!
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

NeonLights95 wrote:Wishing you good luck, Alando1!
Thank you, man :)

-Alando1
Regios

Post by Regios »

I hope this doesn't mean you will stop making WADs. I'm fine with Temple of the Lizard Men ending as long as it means we get to enjoy different WADs that are just as great.
skdursh

Post by skdursh »

I've been playing through the TotLM series for the first time in anticipation of this upcoming release and am about to start TotLM4. I've been enjoying them quite a bit and would gladly help with testing the upcoming release if you need any additional players.
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

@Regios - Sorry for the late reply. Yeah, I'm not going to stop with wad making. I'm primarily going to hold off on doing large projects. What I hope to do, though, is do level design tutorials in the future. Also I'll be doing work on the Toby Accessibility Mod for the visually impaired. It all really depends on how much time I have but I'll still be doing a level here and there.

@skdursh - I'm glad you're enjoying the series. Thank you for your offer to help. I'm currently working on Beta 1.5 with my testers at the moment, however, when the next beta becomes available, I'll let you know. The beta testing process that I have going on is set up in stages. I put out one version of the beta; wait for the feedback; make the modifications/fixes from the feedback; then prepare and put out the next beta.

-Alando1
Alando1

Re: TEMPLE OF THE LIZARD MEN 5 - The Final Chapter

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, the TOTLM5 beta testing is going well. I will be releasing beta 1.75 soon. If anyone is interested in hopping on board the beta testing team, feel free to let me know. @skdursh, I will get in touch with you in regards to your request to participate in beta testing.

**I HAVE A SPECIAL REQUEST!** - There is one thing I need help with - Sprite help. I posted a thread in the Resource Request area in regards to the sprites of the berserker lizard man. The link to the thread is here if anyone is interested in doing some sprite work: viewtopic.php?f=60&t=69541
Your help will be much appreciated :)

Hope all of you are doing well and I will keep all of you posted on anything new related to Temple of the Lizard Men 5. Stay Tuned!

-Alando1
Mech
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Mech »

1)Looking forward to this. 3rd part was the best concerning a number of levels, although 4th part had the kickass soundtrack.
2)I hope there won't be copy-paste levels from Doom 2, like "Volcano ash-kicking", "Beast's underbelly" etc.
Alando1

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, I know it has been a while since I did any updates. Been very busy for some time. Work on TOTLM5 is coming along well. I'm hoping to have it released some time in October. Stay tuned!

@Mech - There are a few levels that take inspiration from classic Doom maps as well as some from Unreal. In addition, Unreal Tournament inspire levels are in there as well. By the way, I don't recall having any level named "Beast's Underbelly." There is no level from any of my works with that name. "Volcanic Ash-kicking" is, though.

-Alando1
Alando1

Re: TEMPLE OF THE LIZARD MEN 5 - COMING SOON!

Post by Alando1 »

Hey guys, Temple of the Lizard Men 5 will be released soon! My beta testers and I are done with testing. I did some final tweaks and I'm just doing some final checks. The wad will be ready by the end of October or beginning of November (Between October 30th and November 2nd). STAY TUNED! :)

-Alando1

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”