Iron Assault Remake (Demo 2.01)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Iron Assault Remake (Demo 2.01)

Postby Project Dark Fox » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:03 am

New post because it's been a short while and I just remembered it.

When an NPC Frog is very close to a wall (I haven't used one myself, was simply partial to the defensive capabilities of the Delta 7 until the Mosquito and Mar became available), weapons mounted on an arm inside the wall will hit that wall instead of fly towards their intended target. I've not noticed this with any other unit.
Project Dark Fox
Married Furry Anxiety Bucket

Twitch ID: ProjectDarkFox
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Hor1zon Str1der » Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:37 am

Just beat it last night. This is one of the best TCs I've played. I don't have much more to say on it.
Hor1zon Str1der
Remember the 20th of May 3052

Postby ReformedJoe » Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:33 pm

Project Dark Fox wrote:New post because it's been a short while and I just remembered it.

When an NPC Frog is very close to a wall (I haven't used one myself, was simply partial to the defensive capabilities of the Delta 7 until the Mosquito and Mar became available), weapons mounted on an arm inside the wall will hit that wall instead of fly towards their intended target. I've not noticed this with any other unit.

If you load up the FROG with enough ROTAKs you can 1 or 2 shot kill pretty much everything you see. It's probably a bit OP lol. The NPC version is an outlier due to how wide it is. I'll increase its movement collision box, hopefully that'll stop its arms from clipping into walls so much (FWIW an NPC dumping a shot inside a wall used to cause a crash :oops: ).

Hor1zon Str1der wrote:Just beat it last night. This is one of the best TCs I've played. I don't have much more to say on it.

Thanks, I appreciate that.
ReformedJoe

Postby SamVision » Sat May 14, 2022 2:57 pm

I think it would be really cool if the crosshair changes to something unique when youre in the middle of a mission.
SamVision

Postby SamVision » Tue May 24, 2022 11:11 pm

Is the pilot saving feature supposed to also save the mechs? If so, it doesnt unless I did something wrong.
SamVision

Postby ReformedJoe » Wed May 25, 2022 9:40 am

SamVision wrote:Is the pilot saving feature supposed to also save the mechs? If so, it doesnt unless I did something wrong.

It'll save your unlocked missions, mechs, weapons and equipment. It will not save your actual mech loadouts. It's only intended to safely port progress between updates which break save games.
ReformedJoe

Postby SamVision » Wed May 25, 2022 4:14 pm

ReformedJoe wrote:
SamVision wrote:Is the pilot saving feature supposed to also save the mechs? If so, it doesnt unless I did something wrong.

It'll save your unlocked missions, mechs, weapons and equipment. It will not save your actual mech loadouts. It's only intended to safely port progress between updates which break save games.

Alright I understand. Just wondering, any potential for future completed versions to be standalone?
SamVision

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects