Iron Assault Remake (Demo 2.01)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Iron Assault Remake (Demo 1.02)

Postby Wisecrack34 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:17 pm

Fuck yeah, new demo! Been shilling this out in a few places across the web as it's the most interesting "Mech Game" content available atm from what I've seen.
Wisecrack34
Chief Executive Clown

Discord: Wisecrack34 #0909
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)

Re: Iron Assault Remake (Demo 1.02)

Postby ReformedJoe » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:02 am

New demo is available now.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/1m3jka6uf1rnf6f/RJIronAssault_Demo_v2_00.zip/file

Some additional thoughts:
Spoiler:
ReformedJoe

Re: Iron Assault Remake (New Demo!)

Postby Cherno » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:33 am

The last row looks a bit washed-out, or overvright, save for the last mech.

Maybe I'll try my hand at some ultra-low-res human soldier sprites, they should be about 10 or 12 pixels tallI guess? Squish!

If it isn't already included: This mod's maps (some of them) need Universal Rain & Snow, and also extreme fog!
Cherno

Postby ReformedJoe » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:56 am

Cherno wrote:The last row looks a bit washed-out, or overvright, save for the last mech.

Maybe I'll try my hand at some ultra-low-res human soldier sprites, they should be about 10 or 12 pixels tallI guess? Squish!

If it isn't already included: This mod's maps (some of them) need Universal Rain & Snow, and also extreme fog!

Yeah 10 pixels is approximately right, the scale of the art is inconsistent. Some of the arctic maps do have snow. Rain would be trivial to add with the same methods.
ReformedJoe

Postby Captain J » Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:22 pm

Absolute bangers. Definitely going to check the new demo out!

EDIT: It's been one hella blast. I enjoyed new arctic missions and my teammates' AI was not really so bad! They were smart, although they moved so slow or maybe the map was so large for them.

Anyhoo my only complain would be resupply/repair station has very small health and you can stomp on them by accident before they actually start helping you. Also they have no automap marker so it takes quite a while.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby ReformedJoe » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:35 am

Captain J wrote:...

EDIT: It's been one hella blast. I enjoyed new arctic missions and my teammates' AI was not really so bad! They were smart, although they moved so slow or maybe the map was so large for them.

Anyhoo my only complain would be resupply/repair station has very small health and you can stomp on them by accident before they actually start helping you. Also they have no automap marker so it takes quite a while.

I agree about ally units moving too slowly, will find a way to speed them up outside of combat.

Re the repair/rearm station, I can give them a little more health and a map/radar marker.
ReformedJoe

Postby Captain J » Sat Dec 11, 2021 11:28 am

Speaking of speed on mech, i honestly think Ant deserves more of speed buff since it cries annoying-fly kind of type but it's not annoyingly fast than i thought.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby ReformedJoe » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:05 pm

Updated the demo.
Go here for the latest.

Alternate download.

Save games from older versions will not work. To preserve your campaign progress use the Save Pilot Data function in the Pilot menu of the mission computer.

Patch Notes:
Spoiler:

What I've been doing:
Spoiler:
ReformedJoe

Re: Iron Assault Remake (Demo 2.01)

Postby SamVision » Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:41 pm

This mod is so good, ive always wanted a mech game that runs on gzdoom and this is pretty much perfect.
SamVision

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects