WolfenDoom Redux

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

WolfenDoom Redux

Postby CantSleep » Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:31 pm

As a Wolfenstein person, I always liked the idea of having Wolfenstein in an upgraded engine with a little bit more detailing.

However I've started fixing every mod in the WolfenDoom series lately. These include Original Missions, Nocturnal Missions, Spear Of Destiny and Mission Packs (or Lost Episodes as Caleb26's mod calls it). All of these upgraded mods are based off of NightFright's original patches, and plenty of improvements were built upon it. I included some version parities like "same weapons, same only-1-ammo-type, same HUD", a plethora of optimizations such as removing obsolete lumps and every possibly unused file, and improvements like better sprites, new rotations, enemies acting more similarly like in Wolfenstein 3D, sound caulking, no mandatory secrets... you name it.

I was also working on a Zandronum-compatible version of this mod that has more balancing and some other features to keep up some entertainment during gameplay, but it's postponed indefinitely for now. If the feedback is good enough I might start working on it.

>DOWNLOADS
Original Missions
Nocturnal Missions
Spear of Destiny
Mission Packs

>SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler:

>LATEST CHANGES
Spoiler:

>CREDITS
Spoiler:

Happy nazi hunting!
Last edited by CantSleep on Mon Apr 27, 2020 4:20 am, edited 10 times in total.
CantSleep
Powered by insomnia

Re: WolfenDoom Redux

Postby MaxRideWizardLord » Sat Apr 04, 2020 4:10 pm

huh... nice concept, but it still lacks the weapons of SNES version tho.
MaxRideWizardLord

Postby wildweasel » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:27 pm

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:huh... nice concept, but it still lacks the weapons of SNES version tho.

These were not present in the original WolfenDoom releases either, to my knowledge.
wildweasel
from a different perspective.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby CantSleep » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:16 am

MaxRideWizardLord wrote:huh... nice concept, but it still lacks the weapons of SNES version tho.

Thanks. The SNES weapons never were in the original levels. They were only available on Mac and Second Encounter map packs.
CantSleep
Powered by insomnia

Postby theroguemonk » Sun Apr 05, 2020 7:09 am

i get strange doom textures instead of wolfenstein textures what am i doing wrong?
theroguemonk
Banned User

Github ID: monk
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby CantSleep » Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:34 pm

theroguemonk wrote:i get strange doom textures instead of wolfenstein textures what am i doing wrong?

Tell me your current IWAD? Maybe the addons you are using? Some more details? Can't make out a single issue until I get more information!
CantSleep
Powered by insomnia

Postby CantSleep » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:15 am

Here's a quick update. Me and ZikShadow are hunting down mandatory secrets on Mission Packs and overhauling the maps. The levels should be less frustrating to pass. Along that are a couple of other fixes and changes. Stay tuned for this update!

Check out this gameplay footage by ZikShadow!
CantSleep