[p27] Reelism 2 - Version 1.2 Released! Monster Party!

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [p23] Reelism 2 - VERSION 1.0 IS HERE! (v1.001 Hotfix!)

Postby Captain J » Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:31 pm

(Hammer of Retribution hurts you now)

Joking aside, this update exceeds my expectations hoooh man it's too much!! I enjoyed every single part of it and now it definitely feels a lot random and complete. It also has some hidden stuff i couldn't find as well, so the replay value is there. I can't wait for custom contributions as well!

I played every single map plus new ones, including boss rush mode. Saw the ending and it was worth it! Along the way i made some feedback 'n suggestions that might come in handy.
Spoiler: "Feedback r go"
Also kins mad thanks for adding Data East soundtrack ya magnificent lad
Last edited by Captain J on Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Yoshiatom » Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:33 pm

I'm pretty sure the titlescreen shop is currently bugged: After buying everything the game still thinks I don't own the "Codename" titlescreen and no longer gives me the option to buy the "Boss Rush" titlescreen, even though it gave me the option to buy it before and I owned it before the 1.0 update. Might be because I didn't buy the titlescreens in the order they're listed.

A more minor bug is that for some reason the "simple arrow" cursor option is invisible in fullscreen. It displays fine in Windowed mode so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Anyway I've been having a ton of fun with this mod! There's a great "one more go" feeling and the game does feel like a worthy sequel to the original mod. Really looking forward to seeing what extra reels and maps people come up with (and I might even try bullshitting my way through Zscript to see if I can make anything)

I do have some poorly-organised feedback while I'm at it:
Spoiler:

One last thing is that I've had a Vulkan-related Very Fatal Error when re-focusing the Window on GZDoom after tabbing out to different Windows while playing this mod. I think it's an issue with GZDoom itself and not Reelism 2 but I have nowhere else to put the crash dump.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Yoshiatom

Discord: Yoshiatom#5354
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby namsan » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:34 pm

Hey I finally tried the release version and it's awesome. Thanks.
namsan
piss piss piss piss piss piss piss

Discord: Namsan#8146

Postby Beed28 » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:40 pm

Small question for modding; how should we test a boss? Should we spawn it in the same way as the reels (i.e. "summon SlotBoss_DogPope") or should we summon the boss directly?

EDIT: Also a small bug; if blood type (in the F5 graphics menu) is set to include particles, then shooting metallic objects (like cars, robots, skeletons, etc) will still produce blood particles
Beed28
Making entire worlds bounce up and down.

Postby Kinsie » Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:49 pm

Beed28 wrote:Small question for modding; how should we test a boss? Should we spawn it in the same way as the reels (i.e. "summon SlotBoss_DogPope") or should we summon the boss directly?
Either works. Summon the slotboss if you want to test the whole process of the boss spawning in the right place and triggering the endgame when they die. You can summon them directly if you want, they'll just complain in the console instead of triggering the endgame when they die.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Postby Kinsie » Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:07 pm

https://reelism.dog/

Version 1.1 is out, fixing various issues that we've seen pop up post-release, along with a few extra little bits of balance and polish. God willing, this'll be the last update for a little while so we can go off and actually play games instead of building Frankensteins out of them!

Changelog wrote:SLOTS:
  • Reelism 64: Now triggers special ACS scripts when started or ended, to give level designers a little more control over how their map is effected (ex. hiding skybox elements). See docs/mods.html for the scoop.

MAPS:
  • Overflow: Made a few adjustments to make this map easier for new players to navigate, including adding more lights and repositioning some spawners.
  • Overflow: Fixed pop-in on the light in the upper turbine area.

TOWN:
  • Fixed a bug preventing Codename and Showdown titlemaps from unlocking correctly.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed NPCs to get inside the Marketplace booths.
  • Fixed a bug that caused some NPCs to face the wrong way during dialogue.
  • Fixed a bug where the player could accidentally activate the Boss Rush chair prematurely by jumping over the back.

MONSTERS:
  • Flying monsters that get blasted away will slowly lose their momentum.
  • Fixed monsters being frozen in indecision if Wingin' It comes into effect while they're falling from a ledge.
  • Monsters will now stop running around screaming in their burning-to-death state if they fall into water.

BOSSES:
  • Dog Pope II will now be healed by Dog attacks.

WEAPONS:
  • D!Fender Rifle: Raised slow-firing precision bonus by 25%.
  • Roulette Revolver: Raised ball attack damage by about 16%.
  • Super Plasma Rifle: Lowered average damage output by about 12%.
  • Antique Shotgun: Attempted to fix a rare crash when the Antique Shotgun blows up in the player's face.
  • Antique Shotgun: Fixed a bug preventing the reload sound effect from playing during the Power Sneakers reel.
  • Hammer of Retribution: Fixed some cutoff visible in the swinging animation.
  • Footbaww: Added a fix for players affected by Micro Mode getting stuck on step-sized geometry while charging (ex. the inner ring of the start room in Overflow).

ITEMS:
  • Gender Reveal IED now stays in the player's inventory after dying.

JACKPOTS:
  • R███ F███ Y███ G████: Added a new message to inform the player what happened.
  • R███ F███ Y███ G████: Fixed some monsters not properly r█████████.
  • The B██ P█████: Special items will no longer run away during Gun Runner until they've stopped bouncing.

MISC:
  • The main menu now lists the manual as "Manual" instead of "Info".
  • Added a new manual page for people new to GZDoom mods, which has been a surprising number of the people we've seen stream this!
  • Improved the spacing on the manual header font.
  • Player can no longer freely look around while burning to death.
  • Re-coded the Half Monsters assist to prevent future crashes.
  • Added a cap to how low negative killer health can be displayed on the endgame stats screen, for that one player who somehow managed to get a Yeti down to -127572 health in one way or another.
  • Worked around a bug where you could lose all your points if you burned to death with Respawns enabled.
  • Fixed an oversight where Cars and other non-bleeding things would bleed their own blood if you had ZDoom particle blood turned on.
  • Removed a debug message from the map select menu. Whoops!
  • Fixed an omission in the Music section of CREDITS.txt.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Re: [p25] Reelism 2 - Version 1.1g Released

Postby Kinsie » Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:52 am

Okay, so.

The team recently learned some troubling things about one of the contributors to this mod. We're not comfortable with keeping their content in the mod, so we've replaced it with some new content from a friend of ours who stepped up to the plate for us. Thankfully, it wasn't a lot of stuff, so like 99.9% of the mod is still there untouched.

The update is now available at https://reelism.dog/, which continues to be a real URL. We encourage you to download it and hope you enjoy the replacement content. We also hope to have an update that adds new content, instead of just replacing it, out in the nigh future.

We sincerely apologise for all of this. We were unaware of this person's notoriety in circles outside of our own, and will need to be more careful about our guests and collaborations in the future. Thank you for letting us know and for your understanding.

The 300 POUNDS Team

Changelog wrote:Circumstances dictated that a small set of content had to be replaced. Please understand.

MAPS:
  • Added B████ F███! An old favorite by an old friend.
  • Boss Rush: Replaced in-game music.
  • F█████: Made appropriate adjustments.
Kinsie
Dog Days

Postby eltiolavara9 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 2:15 pm

Kinsie wrote:
eltiolavara9 wrote:ive spent a good hour or so trying to figure out what the orb does aside from kill you
For a period before it Does Its Thing, it hurts enemies surrounding you. You can also put it away safely at any point during the animation so if you're good with timing you can use it as a quick area-of-effect attack.

There might be other uses as well, but I didn't make that weapon so I'm not hugely familiar with all the inner workings.

late reply but thanks! thats a really cool skill weapon then
eltiolavara9
IDK

Discord: eltiolavara9#5628

Postby Captain J » Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:47 pm

Hey, Yoshiatom mentioned Overflow and... Yeah i think it's quite deceptive with the difficulty rating. Not just it's claustrophobic for the most part, it has insta-kill waters that can be mistaken as harmless ones you can dive in without dying.

Also while i think adventuring through the level is one of the fun factors of REELism, this map suffers campers-always-win trope rather too much. Cool looking map tho! I'll give it that.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby eltiolavara9 » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:28 pm

i think every map suffers from campers-always-win, thankfully the score system makes you want to do so less and the reel that gives every enemy wings is a death sentence if you are camping
also i think overflow's difficulty rating is fine actually (ok maybe it should be 3), but also. this might be a hot take but gutrot islands difficulty should be 2 or 3, it has a very comfortable amount of space to run around in and abudndant items
a bridge too far is the true difficulty champion from my experience
eltiolavara9
IDK

Postby Sgt. Ham » Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:35 pm

Finally got through the Astrolab X maze. That actually is a really good question.
Sgt. Ham

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Captain J » Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:26 pm

eltiolavara9 wrote:and the reel that gives every enemy wings is a death sentence if you are camping
Oh yeah, that's a fair point of preventing the campers exploiting safe spots. It doesn't happen often anymore but you had a lot of good spots in the previous game. You could get some of them good score boost by chucking some explosives below to the horde you gathered in. Good times.
also. this might be a hot take but gutrot islands difficulty should be 2 or 3, it has a very comfortable amount of space to run around in and abudndant items
a bridge too far is the true difficulty champion from my experience
Yeah, i guess 3 rating would be enough. And about Rotgut Island, 2 rating if you have good computer. 4 Ratings if you don't.

Spoiler: Extra feedback and a question. Literal Spoiler awaits!
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby Kinsie » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:02 pm

Captain J wrote:

Spoiler: Response

Captain J wrote:

Spoiler: Response
Kinsie
Dog Days

Postby eltiolavara9 » Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:37 am

Sgt. Ham wrote:Finally got through the Astrolab X maze. That actually is a really good question.

the WHAT
eltiolavara9
IDK

Postby Kinsie » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:59 am

eltiolavara9 wrote:
Sgt. Ham wrote:Finally got through the Astrolab X maze. That actually is a really good question.

the WHAT

Kinsie
Dog Days

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects