Page 20 of 20

Re: [p19] Reelism 2 - 🎩🐵

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 2:40 am
by Kinsie
james345345312 wrote:I wish I could find some Doom Map tools so I can make my own maps like Castle of Crap. A Newgrounds themed map
Here you go! I wouldn't necessarily recommend making your first map for Reelism 2, though, as setting things up properly can be a little weird at the best of times. The "docs" folder in the PK3 has the appropriate information, though.

james345345312 wrote:You should also Bring back the Hyperpower Reel, I miss that one too

Superweapons for SOME of the Reels:
Sportsball: Neo Home Run Bat
Home Improvement: Tim Allen's Decapitated Head (as seen in abort_m)
Hammertime!: Mjölnir
The HYPERPOWER reel has evolved/devolved into the ability to buy individual Superweapons in town. This makes it more feasible to see them all, and also lets you build individual tactics around each one!

That being said, while the superweapons aren't always themed on specific slots anymore, the Basketball Shotgun definitely qualifies as Sportsball's.

As for Mjolnir, that's actually a NORMAL weapon in the Hammertime reel! Specifically, the version seen in Quake Mission Pack 1: Scourge of Armagon, with the nice HD remodel from Quake Champions.
Image
We haven't shown it off yet because, bluntly, we've had a bit of a bear of a time recreating its original effect in GZDoom and might need to change how it zaps fuckers. Hopefully it'll get its time to shine soon.

Re: [p18] Reelism 2 - v0.65 - Status Report (Jackpots!)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:52 am
by Cherno
undeadmonk354 wrote:MAXIMUM EXTERMINATION: Daleks spawn in the map.



Coincidentally, I just noticed this one day after completing a sprite set for a Dalek. EX-TER-MI-NATE!

6126208cc7639273920822.gif

Re: [p19] Reelism 2 - 🔨 + 🕖

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:20 am
by SiFi270
The most satisfying enemy to kill with a baseball bat.

Re: [p18] Reelism 2 - v0.65 - Status Report (Jackpots!)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:54 am
by Captain J
Cherno wrote:Coincidentally, I just noticed this one day after completing a sprite set for a Dalek. EX-TER-MI-NATE!
Plot Twist: Cybermen also spawn and fight you and Daleks to the deletion.

Re: [p19] Reelism 2 - 🎩🐵

PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:16 pm
by james345345312
Kinsie wrote:
james345345312 wrote:I wish I could find some Doom Map tools so I can make my own maps like Castle of Crap. A Newgrounds themed map
Here you go! I wouldn't necessarily recommend making your first map for Reelism 2, though, as setting things up properly can be a little weird at the best of times. The "docs" folder in the PK3 has the appropriate information, though.

All Righty, BTW, The reason Why I came up with The Castle of Crap II because of this TikTok https://www.tiktok.com/@thebehemothgame ... _webapp=v1

Anyways, I'll need some Newgrounds Music for the Rounds and even Some corresponding Boss Music!

Re: [p19] Reelism 2 - 🔨 + 🕖

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:10 pm
by james345345312
Why not make a Reel that gives out Ice Weapons and more Blue Magic Weapons from the Reels I suggested like the Orochi's Power Orb (Meet Mii in Seattle), The Flemoidus Cycloptis Ultricus's Flem Cannon (Slimy Slaughter), and The Hammer Joe's "Hammer" (Yo Joe!)

Re: [p19] Reelism 2 - 🔨 + 🕖

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2021 5:55 pm
by wildweasel
I ask this as respectfully as I can: who's going to implement these things?

Re: [p19] Reelism 2 - 🔨 + 🕖

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:01 am
by Captain J
Can't stop the fact that i'm also being carried away here but i think we should cut back on the suggestions unless we can make them. Another thread to sort these out and make happen might be helpful.

Re: [p19] Reelism 2 - 🔨 + 🕖

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2021 3:35 pm
by james345345312
Captain J wrote:Can't stop the fact that i'm also being carried away here but i think we should cut back on the suggestions unless we can make them. Another thread to sort these out and make happen might be helpful.

Okay, I'll make it... Where could I place this thread in?

Re: [p19] Reelism 2 - 🔨 + 🕖

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2021 9:59 am
by SoulCircle
Just wanted to point out a bug I found while doing a run on Paradise Plaza. If you have the mirrored mode slot and try to break a light pole with the saw, it'll lock your mouse to vertical movement only and you won't be able to turn. You cannot strafe left or right either and it does not go away when that wave ends.

Re: [p19] Reelism 2 - 🔨 + 🕖

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 1:56 am
by Kinsie
SoulCircle wrote:Just wanted to point out a bug I found while doing a run on Paradise Plaza. If you have the mirrored mode slot and try to break a light pole with the saw, it'll lock your mouse to vertical movement only and you won't be able to turn. You cannot strafe left or right either and it does not go away when that wave ends.
Fixed, thanks. Or at least, applied the same workaround we do with Devour. For some reason, the code we use for flipping the mouse movement in mirror mode (taken from the old shader-based Flipper mod) has a nasty habit of putting the player in a weird broken state if a melee weapon like the Doom chainsaw auto-turns them. We work around this by applying the NOTURN flag to the attack if the reel is active, but it still kinda sucks! If anyone knows a less horrible way of doing things, I'm 100% all ears!

In other, more positive news, The Recursion Arms Recursion Arms Gun Gun. In addition, I just did the first pass on the "Bank" system. In short, your score is saved when you go to Town, so you can go there, quit the game, go do whatever real life stuff you do, and when you come back you can return straight to town and be reunited with all your points. It's not big or flashy, but I suspect people'll find it very useful!

Re: [p19] Reelism 2 - 🔨 + 🕖

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:11 pm
by SoulCircle
Spoiler: Kinsie's entire last post


No problem, dude. Just wanted to point that out before anyone had a run ruined by it!
The new gun definitely looks cool, same for the rubber meat balls, plus that banking system will definitely be a good feature to have, at least for me. Can't wait to get my hands on the next update!

Re: [p19] Reelism 2 - 🔨 + 🕖

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:46 pm
by Kinsie
Kinsie wrote:For some reason, the code we use for flipping the mouse movement in mirror mode (taken from the old shader-based Flipper mod) has a nasty habit of putting the player in a weird broken state if a melee weapon like the Doom chainsaw auto-turns them. We work around this by applying the NOTURN flag to the attack if the reel is active, but it still kinda sucks!
Yo, Shadsy fixed this because of course he did.
Shadsy's Code Comment on a modified A_Saw wrote:The issue was that in some cases, the player's angle was being set at, a new value rather than increasing/decreasing the current angle. This is normally fine, but when we flip the screen, we need a different angle, and we can't just flip the sign on the value that was being set. Instead, the fix is to calculate the difference that we WOULD be turning under normal circumstances, then add/subtract that instead!

Re: [p20] Reelism 2 - 🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫 + 💸

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:26 pm
by james345345312
Will there be a Reel that involves the Red Light green Light game from Squid game?