Rise of the Abyssal (Single level TC)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Night Falls

Re: Rise of the Abyssal (W.I.P. TC)

Post by Night Falls »

That's awesome! Much more of a reception than I ever expected.
I'll get a public demo out pretty soon, the same level as in the video with some changes and extensions. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

Night Falls wrote:That's awesome! Much more of a reception than I ever expected.
You. cannot. be. serious. :shock:

Just by looks alone its already very polished. Have you considered making a DoomWorld thread on this?
Night Falls wrote: I'll get a public demo out pretty soon, the same level as in the video with some changes and extensions. Hopefully it lives up to the hype.
If it plays as good as it looks, then this is a very strong release. Sadly i will not be able to join on the fun considering my garbage hardware, but nevertheless, i am looking forward!
Night Falls

Post by Night Falls »

Thanks! I haven't thought about posting on Doomworld. I thought it was just another forum.
Also, to be totally honest, my level designing isnt that great (notice how the demo level is just a squiggly line), but I'm hoping my gameplay overhaul and aesthetics will make up for that.
It can probably run on LZDoom if you turn the graphic settings way down.
Skidjit

Post by Skidjit »

This looks fantastic. Can't wait to try it out.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Post by Redneckerz »

Night Falls wrote:Thanks! I haven't thought about posting on Doomworld. I thought it was just another forum.
:shock: Oh no, far from it! Its more centered towards all things Doom as opposed to ZDF (Which is well, primarily about ZDoom) but it has a significant membership and it would be a great place to make a thread there.

Not gonna lie, given the several years of work that is in this (on and off, i presume) it demands to be seen by more people. Even if its level design is less stellar, than you can ask around there! DW harbors a significant amount of really talented mappers that would absolutely be prepared to map for this TC if you are open to that sort of thing.

I mean, your screenshots sell that idea. Or in other words, this oozes potential.

You have to forgive me for me being so overly excited for this TC, but the look and mood is brilliant.
Night Falls

Post by Night Falls »

Sounds great! I'll try to get one set up. And I appreciate your enthusiasm.
Is there any sort of proper way to request people to help with the project? It would take a very long time to finish it by myself.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Post by Redneckerz »

Night Falls wrote:Sounds great! I'll try to get one set up. And I appreciate your enthusiasm.
Is there any sort of proper way to request people to help with the project? It would take a very long time to finish it by myself.
Well, a few baseline rules are:
- Explain the project. What is this?
- Explain what you need. What do you require?
- Show your work. Your screenshots are a great tool of convincing people, without it, people will want to know what you have done yourself.
- Don't be afraid to point out any parts you are less experienced with, perhaps mapping, perhaps animating. That's the fun in a community project - People are willing to lend a hand. In your case, that hand should be pretty easily given considering how ace it looks.
- Take a stroll around ''Community projects'' in the WADS & Mods section of DW.

Most of these threads exhibit some kind of rules, but if you want these to be closed (and its thus not a community project), reword your request as such: You are looking for experienced mappers that want to work on something great (Your TC) and you have the pictures and other assets to back up your claims.

Jimmy is now finishing up Isolation, for instance, but you could pester him over it. He has made a standalone game himself (Adventures of Square) so he knows what this is like.
Night Falls

Post by Night Falls »

Thanks for the advice! I'll get to work on this as soon as I can.
Ozymandias81
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ozymandias81 »

Damn this is brilliant, congratulations! If I didn't had my hands full with Blade of Agony, BlooM and real life I would have help but you seem very skilled too and this is great! Can't wait to see more of it.
Night Falls

Re: Rise of the Abyssal (W.I.P. TC) Demo released!

Post by Night Falls »

After a couple months of delay, the playable demo is finally released!
It includes a singleplayer level, a deathmatch map, and a level to showcase everything not included in the singleplayer level.

A few things are still unfinished in the demo, but that's almost entirely graphics and sound. Most of the stuff in the showcase map are still using placeholder graphics, but almost everything in the singleplayer map is in it's finished state.
Last edited by Night Falls on Fri Aug 14, 2020 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team

Post by Redneckerz »

Night Falls wrote:After a couple months of delay, the playable demo is finally released!
It includes a singleplayer level, a deathmatch map, and a level to showcase everything not included in the singleplayer level.

A few things are still unfinished in the, but that's almost entirely graphics and sound. Most of the stuff in the showcase map are still using placeholder graphics, but almost everything in the singleplayer map is in it's finished state.
Please, by any means, post it also on DoomWorld. I wrote an R667 coverage back in March i believe because this is way too awesome to let slide!
Night Falls

Post by Night Falls »

Redneckerz wrote:
Night Falls wrote:After a couple months of delay, the playable demo is finally released!

A few things are still unfinished in the, but that's almost entirely graphics and sound. Most of the stuff in the showcase map are still using placeholder graphics, but almost everything in the singleplayer map is in it's finished state.
Please, by any means, post it also on DoomWorld. I wrote an R667 coverage back in March i believe because this is way too awesome to let slide!
Already done!
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/1 ... lp-wanted/
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

It's truly amazing what the GZDoom engine can do. Wonderful work here; love the beautifully dark atmosphere!
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Rise of the Abyssal (W.I.P. TC) DEMO RELEASED!

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Hey there ..when I start the game (demo ) there is a message
Which says "use wasd to move ...."
But this message doesn't disappear after a few seconds ..it stays there and even repeats itself thousands of times in the console ..

Any idea why ?

Also .. AMAZING what you've done so far ..hope this mod gets way bigger

Here a short video showcase

https://youtu.be/REOLOErx1uU
Last edited by Ferretmanjcdenton on Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: Rise of the Abyssal (W.I.P. TC) DEMO RELEASED!

Post by Vostyok »

This looks really cool. I'll have to give one this a try :D

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”