Endless Madness - Released v1.2.2

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.1

Postby Zenon » Mon May 18, 2020 6:47 pm

Does EM04 slow to a crawl for anyone else?
User avatar
Zenon
Mostly Confused
 
Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Location: New Zealand
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.1

Postby RaveYard » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:20 am

Zenon wrote:Does EM04 slow to a crawl for anyone else?

When does that happen to you?
RaveYard
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2013

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.1

Postby Toyoch » Sun Jun 14, 2020 1:55 pm

So I played through UV on the mod... "Insane" is an understatement for this madness and fun.

Any chances to make a standalone weapon mod so I can break other maps or megawads?
Toyoch
 
Joined: 27 Jul 2016
Location: Japan

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.1

Postby RaveYard » Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:41 pm

Toyoch wrote:Any chances to make a standalone weapon mod so I can break other maps or megawads?

It should somewhat work with other maps/mods (most likely won't work with any vanilla monster/weapon replacement mods), but it's probably unballanced.

Let me know if you have some trouble :wink:
RaveYard
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2013

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.2

Postby RaveYard » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:12 am

Released 1.2 https://www.mediafire.com/file/z0k7h174 ... 0.pk3/file

This fixes multiplayer (desyncs and getting stuck). Also adds slight balance changes (better tank AI, regular Cyberdemon and SpiderMastermind have 2x more HP) and few new graphics and sounds.
RaveYard
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2013

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.1

Postby Zenon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:51 am

RaveYard wrote:
Zenon wrote:Does EM04 slow to a crawl for anyone else?

When does that happen to you?

When the map starts
User avatar
Zenon
Mostly Confused
 
Joined: 20 Apr 2006
Location: New Zealand
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.2.1

Postby RaveYard » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:19 am

Zenon wrote:
RaveYard wrote:
Zenon wrote:Does EM04 slow to a crawl for anyone else?

When does that happen to you?

When the map starts

Maybe you could try setting "menu > mad options > Limit monster think time" to "Always" ... but you need to enter the map again. Saves won't do.

There are also other settings there, but I don't think they'll help you much in your case.

Either way: what are your PC specs? PM me if you don't want to put it here.
RaveYard
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2013

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.2.1

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Wed Jul 15, 2020 7:24 am

Icarus made a video about your mod !
User avatar
Ferretmanjcdenton
 
Joined: 09 Mar 2020
Location: Germany
Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Operating System: Other Linux ARM/PPC/etc
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.2.1

Postby axredneck » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:02 am

Please don't make russians enemies
User avatar
axredneck
excuse me for my bad English
 
Joined: 11 Dec 2017
Location: Russia
Github ID: axredneck
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.2.1

Postby RaveYard » Fri Jul 17, 2020 2:50 am

I didn't mention it here, but there is a new minor version that fixes crash caused by tanks (Thanks goes to Jobocite for reporting it on my discord server with all the necessary information).

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Icarus made a video about your mod !

Yup, I've noticed a spike in downloads. I must say it's a very well put together video. Had fun watching it :)
RaveYard
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2013

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.2.1

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:01 pm

I came here from Mr. Iccarus as well :P
I played the entire thing before watching the rest to avoid spoilers, and I gotta say, I like it a lot! I do imagine a sequel to get revenge at Mr. Bluepoop and all the marine clones before he takes over the world, but that is just me liking the game a lot a lot. :P

Oh, and I do have a couple things that I am not sure are bugs or oversights. One thing I seen is that the AK47 has an oversized pickup box, like I do not have to be near the thing to pick up the gun. And for some reason when I played the game, the green marines had a black box around them, not sure if any of the settings do that or something in the latest GZDoom versions do something funky ether. But that is all I seen go wonk. Still solid though. :)
Starman the Blaziken
 
Joined: 07 Mar 2019
Location: United States, MI
Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.2.1

Postby Ravick » Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:05 pm

If it exists, there is a Doom mod about it.

Doom mods exist, thus there is a Doom mod about it.

And... about many other things. Rly nice work there! I've specially enjoyed that gravity effects! :D


axredneck wrote:Please don't make russians enemies


Yeah, it was kinda weird. Specially w that joke about universal health care systems. :roll:
But, anyway... awesome mod!
User avatar
Ravick
Do what thou wilt, since you don't bug the hell out of me!
 
Joined: 22 Aug 2010
Location: Tubarão, Brasil

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.2.1

Postby LordLicorice » Wed Jul 22, 2020 8:45 pm

I made this account explicitly to thank .wad authors who make the coolest shit, so:

Thank you for making this coolest shit. Genuinely amazing gameplay wrapped in a consummate shitpost.
LordLicorice
 
Joined: 24 Jul 2019

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.2.1

Postby hornbuckle0wns » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:39 pm

So this doesn't seem to be a problem at all for other people, but in level 2 near the end, after that one survivor turns into a ghost, I've seen videos of people going past that door at the end of the room into a funny trap with a ton of ghosts and everything, but for some reason I can't use the wall at all and the automatic save doesn't go off either. Nothing happens and I'm just stuck dead at the end of the level. This happened in john goodman's x-decathalon too for some reason, level 6 or 7's red key door wouldn't open and wouldn't even play the grunt sound effect. In this situation it does, but doesn't get me any closer to a resolution. I went into doombuilder in both situations, where the door in john goodman was set with 202 or something, generic door action, I went in and changed it to the regular door open action, 11 or something, and it worked. This time I noticed it was something like ceiling raise, and I didn't bother changing the effect this time because it''s clear there's some sort of problem with my doom and it's not a mapmaker's fault. I tried using both the latest stable and unstable gzdoom versions but neither do anything different. I'm honestly hesitant to play any more doom because I feel like I could get soft locked out of any map pack at any moment, so if somebody has any idea about how to fix this, please tell me, I also really wanna finish this mod. Thank you.
hornbuckle0wns
 
Joined: 16 Apr 2016

Re: Endless Madness - Released v1.2.1

Postby RaveYard » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:59 pm

hornbuckle0wns wrote:So this doesn't seem to be a problem at all for other people, but in level 2 near the end, after that one survivor turns into a ghost, I've seen videos of people going past that door at the end of the room into a funny trap with a ton of ghosts and everything, but for some reason I can't use the wall at all and the automatic save doesn't go off either. Nothing happens and I'm just stuck dead at the end of the level. This happened in john goodman's x-decathalon too for some reason, level 6 or 7's red key door wouldn't open and wouldn't even play the grunt sound effect. In this situation it does, but doesn't get me any closer to a resolution. I went into doombuilder in both situations, where the door in john goodman was set with 202 or something, generic door action, I went in and changed it to the regular door open action, 11 or something, and it worked. This time I noticed it was something like ceiling raise, and I didn't bother changing the effect this time because it''s clear there's some sort of problem with my doom and it's not a mapmaker's fault. I tried using both the latest stable and unstable gzdoom versions but neither do anything different. I'm honestly hesitant to play any more doom because I feel like I could get soft locked out of any map pack at any moment, so if somebody has any idea about how to fix this, please tell me, I also really wanna finish this mod. Thank you.

:shock:
So, you can't open the door which leads to that corridor/room where the walls drop?

Can you show me a video or at least a screenshot of where you got stuck?
RaveYard
 
Joined: 12 Apr 2013

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: spoone, Void Warrior and 4 guests