[WIP][DEMO][TCTOA]The Chaotic Tides Of Agrazoth.

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[WIP][DEMO][TCTOA]The Chaotic Tides Of Agrazoth.

Postby Gorman Frebmane » Sat Mar 07, 2020 2:18 pm

Hello people im Gorman Freebmane the current sprite artist and in a way sound designer of this mod. On behalf of my team i am uploading it here on zdoom forums.
We are currently working on a total conversion that aims to be a both a learning experience and a proper introduction into the doom community for us.
However given the state of things our team is lacking work force. That's why we need your help in this, if you are up to it you can join us in our discord server and become a official part of the team.
We currently need:
-Spriters
-Mapper Assistants
-Coders
-Music (Optional)
-Graphic Makers (Title Picture, Menu, advanced elements for HUD later on)
-Testers
Each of these positions have 4 to 5 spots available.

Discord link: [Removed due to Main project head's intention's pm me if you want to join the team]

About the mod:
"This Mod so far has been worked on during the span of three months by three friends deciding to deliver something entertaining for the DooM Community, turning a Fight-Through-Hell experience into a Fight-Through-Dimensions-To-Punch-An-Eldritch-Entity-On-The-Face experience, with features such as a Metroidvania-ish/Tactical (Non-linear?) exploration, replacing the vanilla enemies and weaponry, HUB System, etc and will be soon or later on the full experience, on a Future that we hope it's not that far but at same time not that close in order to deliver the best experience ever"

REQUIRMENTS:

Source Engine(s)

•GZDoom 4.3.2 and higher

Gameplay Options

•Freelook, Jumping and Crouching are important in gameplay, thus allowed

IWAD †

•DooM II

Known Bugs

•One on my side regarding broken weapon Slot 1 when doing "give all" on console, please refrain from doing this

Rendering Options

•For the sake of not breaking stuff probably, please use Hardware Rendering (If your PC can't handle, go for Software Rendering)

Difficulty Settings

•Currently no settings are added

Compatibility

•Please refrain from using Gameplay Mods as they will break the game

Downloads:
Demo: https://www.dropbox.com/s/5bb65chpr3kib ... A.pk3?dl=0

And now for the gameplay video and a several screenshots:

https://youtu.be/ytwJ52xqExs [It's a link for now because the youtube tags refuse to work]

Team So Far:
=SPRITERS=
•Gorman Freebmane [One of the Project Leads]

=MAPPER ASSISTANTS=
•An Unusually Friendly Zombie

=CODERS=
•Bedlam [One of the Project Leads]

=MUSIC=
• Primeval

=GRAPHIC MAKERS= [The hud so far has been made by our coder bedlam so excuse the quality but due to not having deticated people on it we are kinda working on a budget]

=TESTERS= [An exception to this since these two testers are close friends to the team, still credited tho. This means there are still 5 slots open for this]
• Plazma
• Leviathan/TheUndeadSoldier

Credits:
Spoiler:
Last edited by Gorman Frebmane on Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:13 am, edited 4 times in total.
Gorman Frebmane

Re: [WIP][DEMO][TCTOA]The Chaotic Tides Of Agrazoth.

Postby PRIMEVAL » Sat Mar 07, 2020 4:50 pm

It looks good! I'll check out the demo shortly.
PRIMEVAL

Discord: Primeval#4268
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Gorman Frebmane » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:33 am

Progress Update!!

our first 3d model monster has been finished and will be implemented into the mod.

and here it is as a sprite!

Now then onto the introduction of the monster [WARNING SUBJECT TO CHANGE]
The Cracodemon! half caco half crab this bad boy right here has a bad habit of snipping off the heads of his opponents.
Unlike other cacodemons he would much rather prefer to charge you with his pincers than fire at you with his eye ball projectile attack and he's got a mean
armor to complement this behaviour.
Though that armor may not be so useful againts plasma weaponry so melt him at your hearts desire with a plasma gun or a bfg!

TL;DR it's a cacodemon that likes to mele more than use projectile attacks, it's faster and has alot more health but is weak to plasma weaponry.

Tell us what you think, give your criticism and leave a advice. The more you tell us the more we improve the mod and learn too!
Gorman Frebmane

Postby PRIMEVAL » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:17 pm

Meant to come back to this. Quite challenging, but fun. In a way it reminds me of Unreal with the level design and music. And I like the look of the "Cracodemon" (there's already a Cacodemon on R667 called a Cracko Demon, just for a heads up).

If you need help with original music, I can lend a hand.
PRIMEVAL

Discord: Primeval#4268
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby Gorman Frebmane » Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:38 pm

PRIMEVAL wrote:Meant to come back to this. Quite challenging, but fun. In a way it reminds me of Unreal with the level design and music. And I like the look of the "Cracodemon" (there's already a Cacodemon on R667 called a Cracko Demon, just for a heads up).

If you need help with original music, I can lend a hand.

Yeah we do need some original music so yes you can help the team, that all depends if you have a discord account because that's where we do our main operations for mod dev.
If you indeed have a discord account ill pm you the link to it and we can talk from there.
Gorman Frebmane

Postby Captain J » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:45 am

The link to the demo download doesn't work anymore. I guess the beta test is all over?
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby PlazmaSpirit » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:01 pm

Captain J wrote:The link to the demo download doesn't work anymore. I guess the beta test is all over?

We're still testing betas, so I think it's still open.
PlazmaSpirit

Postby Captain J » Sun Mar 29, 2020 9:56 pm

Have you even clicked on the link after i said it doesn't work anymore? Pardon me, but i would like to participate the beta testing too.

But again, the download link at the first post seems not working. It just shows that good ol' 404 error.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby Gorman Frebmane » Tue May 05, 2020 4:27 pm

Captain J wrote:Have you even clicked on the link after i said it doesn't work anymore? Pardon me, but i would like to participate the beta testing too.

But again, the download link at the first post seems not working. It just shows that good ol' 404 error.

Download fixed.
Gorman Frebmane

Postby Captain J » Sun May 10, 2020 4:41 am

So yeah, i played the TC and it's very impressive. Natural, Nature-friendly and it's immersive. But i've got some feedback:

- First of all, some taller props like trees would float if you look up or down. Adding the flag FORCEYBILLBOARD might fix it.

- For some reason, you start with very lower health. Yeah, the ship crashed and you just freshly woke up. But it makes the game a little bit harder and unfair because you don't have enough ammo and health items to move on. Here's a hint: Zombies use hitscan attack and most likely will drop ammo upon death, in rare times.

- When you pickup the pistol, the loud metroid music plays. I get the reference, but it's just too loud, loud than the music itself.

- At the part you have to literally survive, i had no clue how long i should survive until the timer reaches zero. Speaking of which, can you add some kind of timer so i can tell what should i do?

- Some pots and urns are destructible, but sometimes not. Can i just destroy them all?

- The giant switch inside of the building has no sound effect, or it's just not loud enough to remind the player that they actually pushed the switch.

- So how can i beat the first level? Or is this actually the end of the demo?
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby Gorman Frebmane » Sat May 16, 2020 1:54 am

Captain J wrote:So yeah, i played the TC and it's very impressive. Natural, Nature-friendly and it's immersive. But i've got some feedback:

- First of all, some taller props like trees would float if you look up or down. Adding the flag FORCEYBILLBOARD might fix it.

- For some reason, you start with very lower health. Yeah, the ship crashed and you just freshly woke up. But it makes the game a little bit harder and unfair because you don't have enough ammo and health items to move on. Here's a hint: Zombies use hitscan attack and most likely will drop ammo upon death, in rare times.

- When you pickup the pistol, the loud metroid music plays. I get the reference, but it's just too loud, loud than the music itself.

- At the part you have to literally survive, i had no clue how long i should survive until the timer reaches zero. Speaking of which, can you add some kind of timer so i can tell what should i do?

- Some pots and urns are destructible, but sometimes not. Can i just destroy them all?

- The giant switch inside of the building has no sound effect, or it's just not loud enough to remind the player that they actually pushed the switch.

- So how can i beat the first level? Or is this actually the end of the demo?

I will now be quoting the answer's the head of the project gave to your points, here goes:

Spoiler:
Gorman Frebmane

Postby Gorman Frebmane » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:11 am

Update:
Here's a preview of the new weapons of this mod. We are taking a little break for a while but mod progress should ramp up soon.

Gorman Frebmane

Postby Captain J » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:59 am

Custom weapons sprites? Awesome!! I especially love the brass knuckles. Looks so shiny.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Postby Gorman Frebmane » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:12 am

Captain J wrote:Custom weapons sprites? Awesome!! I especially love the brass knuckles. Looks so shiny.

Thank you!
Gorman Frebmane

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects