Project Osiris - Alien Breed 3D for GZDoom (0.9 BETA)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Project Osiris - Alien Breed 3D for GZDoom (0.9 BETA)

Postby sergeirocks100 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 4:03 pm

i'm perfectly fine if you don't, but would you consider adding ammo pickups to the troopers? i run out of ammo constantly during the game, and having the troopers drop some ammo based on their type would help out a lot, if you don't want to do it for whatever reason, it's fine, but if you did, i would appreciate it
sergeirocks100

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan Support

Postby Cherno » Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:46 am

I approve of this idea. Have them spawn lesser version of rifle, shotgun, and plasma ammo.
Cherno

Postby zxdunny » Sun Apr 26, 2020 6:01 am

OP was originally asking about difficulty levels - as well as the usual (more/less enemies that deal more/less damage) then adding ammo drops on the easier setting might be a nice addition.
zxdunny

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby ArcturusDeluxe » Sun Apr 26, 2020 3:57 pm

Thanks, I'll look into this, it probably is a good idea to have an extra source of ammo that requires a little effort (killing monsters), adds a bit of gameplay variety and eases some of the resource strain. I did notice ammo gets REALLY tight near the end, and especially for the Pulse Rifle which chews through it.

Honestly I've been a bit burned out the past few weeks so progress has been slow, but I'm working on a big update featuring difficulty levels, and I've added some extra items like small armour and medkit items, so I have to do a big balancing pass on all the maps anyway. So yeah, I'll see what I can do!
ArcturusDeluxe

Postby aconike » Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:03 am

As the original owner of the original, this is literally a GOD game. I played this game about 50 times because there was nothing better at AMIGA. This remake is super unique and I finished it in 2 hours. Everything looks like the original + a few improvements that I praise. I just went back 20 years and enjoyed it. I'm already looking forward to the new maps and updates. Thanks!!!
aconike

Postby ArcturusDeluxe » Tue Jul 21, 2020 9:47 am

aconike wrote:As the original owner of the original, this is literally a GOD game. I played this game about 50 times because there was nothing better at AMIGA. This remake is super unique and I finished it in 2 hours. Everything looks like the original + a few improvements that I praise. I just went back 20 years and enjoyed it. I'm already looking forward to the new maps and updates. Thanks!!!

That's kind of you! I'm still slowly but surely plugging away at the new update btw. Adding difficulty levels is the main big thing, it's a much bigger task than I thought, especially alongside adding new item pickups; I'm adding small health kits, armor shards and dropped ammo pickups from the alien troops. Lots of balancing to be done! Don't really have an ETA yet but progress is being made.
ArcturusDeluxe

Postby Nmn » Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:40 am

I've played through the entire thing.
It is fabulous!
I'm really glad someone took care in recreating this forgotten gem which is Alien Breed 3d in Gzdoom so now people can enjoy high resolution and so on.
Congrats!
Nmn
Dafuq lmao

Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects