[WIP] Unnamed Aliens Mod

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] Unnamed Aliens Mod

Postby Nmn » Sat Jun 20, 2020 1:26 pm

Looks absolutely lovely.
Wish you luck :)
Nmn

Postby Retro Roy » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:29 pm

As a fan of the original Alien Trilogy and Aliens vs. Predator 2, I am excited for this mod.

Will this TC also have human enemies like Alien Trilogy?

If you do get to include the other movies later on, will the Predators or the Engineers and monsters from Prometheus be included?

I don't think you should including the AVP movies as entire episodes, but I could see the Predators making interesting rare high-level enemies. If you did include AVP, I'd make them secret maps like the Wolfenstein maps from Doom II and the Predators as enemies exclusive to that level.
Retro Roy

Postby undeadmonk354 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:47 am

This looks beautiful.
undeadmonk354

Discord: Crazyboy88#3491

Postby Amuscaria » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:15 pm

Very authentic looking map designs. Probably some of the best I've seen made for Doom to date.
Amuscaria
The Sentient Mushroom

Postby Namelessdeity » Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:21 am

Nmn wrote:Looks absolutely lovely.
Wish you luck :)

Thank you :D

Retro Roy wrote:As a fan of the original Alien Trilogy and Aliens vs. Predator 2, I am excited for this mod.

Will this TC also have human enemies like Alien Trilogy?

If you do get to include the other movies later on, will the Predators or the Engineers and monsters from Prometheus be included?

I don't think you should including the AVP movies as entire episodes, but I could see the Predators making interesting rare high-level enemies. If you did include AVP, I'd make them secret maps like the Wolfenstein maps from Doom II and the Predators as enemies exclusive to that level.

I may add some human enemies, but I really want to avoid them for the most part. I may have some in the alien3 levels, the WY commandos and some prisoners, I will see as I get there. While I do like some of the designs from the AVP movies, wolf in particular, I probably won't use much from them. I currently have episodes that feature between 3 and 6 levels, going from area to area. You can see here how I have them set up

Spoiler:

undeadmonk354 wrote:This looks beautiful.

Amuscaria wrote:Very authentic looking map designs. Probably some of the best I've seen made for Doom to date.

:biggrin: Thank you!
Namelessdeity

Discord: necrovore#5915

Postby Artman2004 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:24 pm

I'm curious how you would pull off Alien 3, considering guns don't appear until the very end of the film. Would the levels be based around melee combat or would you just be running from the alien?
Artman2004

Postby Namelessdeity » Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:25 pm

Artman2004 wrote:I'm curious how you would pull off Alien 3, considering guns don't appear until the very end of the film. Would the levels be based around melee combat or would you just be running from the alien?

I do want to have the mod a bit more paced to how the movies go, just like Justin Fishers original tc did. The Aliens episode wont see any aliens until the hive, and I want the Alien3 episode to be more slow paced until its a chase away from the alien. As I build the maps I will see how I can change it up. I am hoping to balance action and suspense.

I will have a separate episode that lets you play the maps more in an classic AVP style, run and gun as you face hordes of aliens.
Namelessdeity

Postby DoomwithaView » Thu Jul 02, 2020 4:34 pm

This looks great! I'm a big fan of the Aliens games and aesthetically your maps are looking great. In my opinion a great Aliens game is dependent on great level design and the encounters that that enables.

I'm about get myself thrown out of this forum, but get this: I've always thought the iconic pulse rifle sound effect is a bit soft and fluffy. I'd vote for a bit more beef behind those bullets but that may just be me.

Good luck. Mark me down as a tester when the time comes!
DoomwithaView

Discord: DitheredOutput

Postby Namelessdeity » Mon Jul 06, 2020 10:14 pm

DoomwithaView wrote:I'm about get myself thrown out of this forum, but get this: I've always thought the iconic pulse rifle sound effect is a bit soft and fluffy. I'd vote for a bit more beef behind those bullets but that may just be me.

Shun the non-believer... SHUNNNN!

I am hoping that with the new aliens I am working on, it will add to the feeling of the maps. I will keep you as play tester when something is a bit more playable :lol:

btw, doomwithaview a reference to GWAR?
Namelessdeity

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects