[WIP] Unnamed Aliens Mod

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [WIP] Unnamed Aliens Mod

Postby jdredalert » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:16 pm

It was as accurate as it could be in it's own terms. From a gameplay standpoint, i believe levels must be fun to play and engaging above all else - and at least in my personal opinion, AT levels were just that, even if the overall gameplay was clunky and rough around the edges. The maps had cues to the movie sets, like the corridors of Hadley's hope, the Pilot room and the medical area of Fury 161, while still being able to fill the gaps and adding places that never appeared in the movies (because you know, a movie set has it's own limitations and some creative freedom must be taken when adapting the game).

Also, eadzon64 never said he/she wanted a full 1:1 recreation of the movies. His/her words were "the idea of transforming all of the Aliens Movies themes into one Shooter", and that's exactly what AT is.
jdredalert
Doom, until the end.

Postby Namelessdeity » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:59 pm

jdredalert wrote:
Also, eadzon64 never said he/she wanted a full 1:1 recreation of the movies. His/her words were "the idea of transforming all of the Aliens Movies themes into one Shooter", and that's exactly what AT is.

Good point. :D
Namelessdeity

Discord: necrovore#5915

Postby Kontra Kommando » Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:39 pm

Namelessdeity wrote:I started the work on the Neca Alien, all shots are taken, slowly cutting out and cleaning up each. Here is a quick test for scale, should I go for a more pixelated look or is this good?
Ingame:
Spoiler:

Sprites:
Spoiler:

Good looking sprites!
Kontra Kommando
Weyland-Yutani Commando

Postby Namelessdeity » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:44 pm

Kontra Kommando wrote:Good looking sprites!

Thanks, It's alot more work than I imagined, but I think the end result when cleaned up is gonna look awesome.
Namelessdeity

[WIP] Unnamed Aliens Mod

Postby GENTEK » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:41 pm

Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the final result! :D
GENTEK

Postby Deimos Anomaly » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:09 am

jdredalert wrote:
eadzon64 wrote:thank you!
the idea of transforming all of the Aliens Movies themes into one Shooter, is an old Dream of me
will you make my Dream come true?

This is literally what Alien Trilogy is about, and it was released in '96. :P

Alien Trilogy is to me still the best Alien game ever released and the one who best captured the essence of the original trilogy.
Only the first AvP from 1999 comes close. Everything after including the much famed AvP 2 looks and feels like shit.
The only good exception is Isolation. I'm very close-minded and purist I know.

This is the best Aliens TC on Doom since Justin Fisher's opus, and I tried nearly every TC released on Doom since then.
I've had the pleasure to try it and I'm amazed and impressed with the layout of the levels. They are the closest maps to the real movie sets I have ever seen.
Deimos Anomaly

Postby Kontra Kommando » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:22 am

Namelessdeity wrote:
Kontra Kommando wrote:Good looking sprites!

Thanks, It's alot more work than I imagined, but I think the end result when cleaned up is gonna look awesome.

These are sprites I worked on a few months that I made out of the high resolution NECA Drone sprites I made back in 2016. It does look better in lower-resolution, imo. I haven't worked on it since, however. It is definitely a lot of work, but keep at it, because thus far your sprites look really awesome.

Spoiler:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kontra Kommando
Weyland-Yutani Commando

Postby Namelessdeity » Sat Mar 28, 2020 10:32 am

Deimos Anomaly wrote:This is the best Aliens TC on Doom since Justin Fisher's opus, and I tried nearly every TC released on Doom since then.

Thank you :lol: I will have an update soon to send you with the extended atmosphere processor. New textures and more areas.

Kontra Kommando wrote:These are sprites I worked on a few months that I made out of the high resolution NECA Drone sprites I made back in 2016. It does look better in lower-resolution, imo. I haven't worked on it since, however. It is definitely a lot of work, but keep at it, because thus far your sprites look really awesome.

Those look really amazing, I almost have my sprite sheet finished, I need to go back and shoot some crawling sprites.
Namelessdeity

Postby Payload4367 » Mon Mar 30, 2020 5:38 am

Looking forward to this. More Aliens!
I tried the rain effects outside in Eradication and it was too much of a performance drain. I've been thinking about trying some kind of hud effect that gives the illusion of rain whenever the player steps outside. If such a thing is possible. I'll let you guys know if it works out.
Keep up the great work.
Payload4367

Postby Namelessdeity » Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:23 pm

Payload4367 wrote:Looking forward to this. More Aliens!
I tried the rain effects outside in Eradication and it was too much of a performance drain. I've been thinking about trying some kind of hud effect that gives the illusion of rain whenever the player steps outside. If such a thing is possible. I'll let you guys know if it works out.
Keep up the great work.

That sounds great! I've been looking at the different ways to go about doing it, I played a map set on zandronum that has some nice weather effects, might see how they implemented it.
Namelessdeity

Postby Namelessdeity » Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:00 pm

Still working on my mod, but took a break after a hard drive crash. Here is a shot of the reworked halls, expect to see some updates on the room also, I have 3 stories/levels to explore in one map.

Spoiler:
Namelessdeity

Postby Artman2004 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:43 pm

Are you gonna include other weapons? And maybe have the USM Auriga from Alien Resurrection?
Take all the time you need with this project.
Artman2004

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:45 pm

Namelessdeity wrote:The currently unnamed aliens project sets out to recreate all the original locations seen in the films, along with possibly a few of the comic books. It will span from Alien to Covenant. It is still in early development, and I will be updating as it moves along.

So far, I have a good chunk of the Nostromo mapped out, and have most of Hadley's hope completed. It is all episodic and hub based, with lots of areas to explore.

Title Screen
Spoiler:

Map Shots
Spoiler:

Ingame Screenshots
Spoiler:

Youtube video showing a bit of the map, I have more vids on my channel, along with a clip of my zombie mod I am also working on
Spoiler:

You are the guy with the amazing zombie mod ..with this small town in the video ..saw you an YouTube and contacted you there ...

Is there any update for your zombie mod ?

I would love to make a video on my channel .

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXORaP ... 6X0WTfbbSw
Ferretmanjcdenton

Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Operating System: Other Linux ARM/PPC/etc
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Postby Namelessdeity » Thu Jun 18, 2020 2:31 pm

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:You are the guy with the amazing zombie mod ..with this small town in the video ..saw you an YouTube and contacted you there ...

Is there any update for your zombie mod ?

I would love to make a video on my channel .

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXORaP ... 6X0WTfbbSw

I just saw the comment, I have some updates to that, I hope to have an update by the end of the month. Ill see about getting something for you to show on the channel, but its still early alpha.
Namelessdeity

Postby Namelessdeity » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:09 pm

Artman2004 wrote:Are you gonna include other weapons? And maybe have the USM Auriga from Alien Resurrection?
Take all the time you need with this project.

I do have sprites for the smartgun, flamethrower and sentry guns that I am cleaning up.

The Auriga with be a playable map later on, I have put my main focus into alien-aliens-alien3. Once those are finished, I will release the other maps as add-on episodes. I hope to have some sort of trailer ready mid july.
Namelessdeity

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects