A Janitor's Nightmare: GZDoom-based Global Game Jam project

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

A Janitor's Nightmare: GZDoom-based Global Game Jam project

Postby Nash » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:17 am

Yo. Last weekend, I participated in the local Global Game Jam 2020 site. This year's theme was REPAIR.

I made the bold decision to use GZDoom as the game engine, when everyone else was using things like Unreal Engine or Unity.

We had less than 48 hours to make this, so don't expect any amazing production values. I was blessed to able to attract the attention of some very, very talented individuals who had faith in this project. :)

I'd like to give a big shoutout to GZDoom and Ultimate Doom Builder - this project was made on a potato laptop (I'm not kidding), and it was perfectly runnable.

It's just a batch file that runs the AJN files (remember, this was made for people outside of the Doom community who have absolutely no idea people even still play Doom, let alone know of GZDoom's existence), if you are paranoid, just drag and drop the AJN folder, along with the pre-packaged and optional NashGore, TiltPlusPlus and WeaponSway into your local GZDoom installation.

Have fun!

How to play:

Use left mouse to fire, right mouse to repair the toilets
The mop does little damage to the Poop Demons
Repair the toilets to keep the water levels low - the water damages you!
Survive as long as you can

We obviously ran out of time - I would have loved to add more interesting gameplay mechanics (wave-based rounds, procedurally-generated toilet stalls, boss monsters, powerups) but such is the way with game jams - keeping the scope realistic and achievable.

Download
Nash

Github ID: nashmuhandes

Re: A Janitor's Nightmare: GZDoom-based Global Game Jam proj

Postby Redneckerz » Mon Feb 03, 2020 7:43 am

Its a NashPost (Please copyright this, Nash) - So its a good post.

Finally the shitty game that makes use of Doom and isn't a Terrywad :)

Ill cover this somewhere else where the sun does not shine. :oops: :lol:
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team

Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows Vista/7 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: A Janitor's Nightmare: GZDoom-based Global Game Jam proj

Postby Solid-Head » Wed Feb 05, 2020 6:40 pm

What a shitty WAD :D
Solid-Head
Global Moderator

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects