Stargate Doom WIP

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Stargate Doom WIP

Postby GelleSzebasztian » Sun Feb 28, 2021 4:45 am

https://youtu.be/J9wjfU8gufo

New weapons added:
-P90
-Staff Weapon
-Zat nik tel

They don't function the best for now, but later it can be polished - like the Zat to paralyze etc.
GelleSzebasztian

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby GelleSzebasztian » Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:45 pm

GelleSzebasztian

Postby TheRailgunner » Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:59 am

GelleSzebasztian wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5en98eoOog

Replicators!

A few points:

*The P90 should have a higher rate of fire - given that Doom's framerate limits the choices between, say, 525 RPM (like the Chaingun), 700 RPM (Strife's Assault Gun), 1050 RPM (double the Chaingun's rate of fire), and 2100 (the absolute maximum if you want one round per tic - higher rates of fire basically require that multiple projectiles be fired per tic), the P90 is closest to 1050 (its real-world rate of fire is between 850 and 1100 RPM).
*The Staff Weapon and the Zat'nik'tel should be entirely ineffective against Replicators, and kinetic weapons like the P90 should be VERY effective against them. The same holds for System Lords with personal shields, which neutralize projectiles from Goa'uld weaponry, minus the vulnerability to kinetic weapons, though letting projectiles wear down the shields would be a better compromise since otherwise System Lords would be effectively invincible.
*If you're using custom enemies, giving them a "paralyzed" state as a result of being hit with the Zat can be accomplished by giving them a Zat-specific painstate that restricts their movement and combat abilities (really, just keeping them in a looped painstate should do the trick - as far as I know, enemies don't move while in pain, something I used to make headshots more effective in my mods).
*Try experimenting with A_Weave or something similar if you want to give the Zat's projectiles their characteristic look (combining a "straight" projectile with one or two "weaving" projectiles could work here).

I apologize if it's out of line for me to throw all of that at you, I'm just a big Stargate fan.
TheRailgunner
Words go here.

Postby GelleSzebasztian » Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:54 am

TheRailgunner wrote:
GelleSzebasztian wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5en98eoOog

Replicators!

*The Staff Weapon and the Zat'nik'tel should be entirely ineffective against Replicators, and kinetic weapons like the P90 should be VERY effective against them. The same holds for System Lords with personal shields

I saw an episode where kinetic weapons didn't affect the personal shield of Apophis, so I have a dilemma for that.

Yes I know someone was gonna tell me about the replicators and all the inaccuracies :D I plan fixing them some time in the future (or you can join come on, someone join)
I was more focused on the gate itself... Now I learned more ZScript, I would recreate the gate once again now that I realized new things aaah :D

What if the replicators were not immune to staff weapon until let's say... 10 of them is killed by it?

A_Weave is a very good idea, I forgot the name of that function but you are right, I need that.

No problem, thanks for the feedback really, I'm glad I am not the only one caring about it, I feel like I am creating this project only to myself and it doesn't feel too good.

Do you have any idea what else to add? Brainstorming? If I add priors, how should they fight? What other types of enemies should I add? Random humans? Unas? What other weapons? Any feedback is welcome.

My idea is that I would make this a bit of a puzzle game. You could find addresses on planets and from people, but they would

-Be in other language
-Would require maths to determine the coordinate in space how it can be translated to symbols

etc. So it could be an interesting adventure to find new planets, free prisoners, jaffa, help the tok'ra, make trade agreements with random planets, get naquadah for weapons, buy Prometheus and Daedalus from naquadah (build) etc. A bit like XCom - upgrading the "base". :D
GelleSzebasztian

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects