[WIP] CyClones TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dynamo

[WIP] CyClones TC

Post by Dynamo »

Hi! So this something in-between an actual gameplay release as well as a resource release. Several years ago I was working on an experimental total conversion for GZDoom based off the old Raven FPS called CyClones. This video showcases some of the work that has been put into it:

Whilst I haven't done any modifications to the arsenal, the TC includes the entirety of the CyClones enemy cast (with only a few static turrets missing, IIRC), including many enemies not shown in the video. They are fairly faithful to the originals, but some include a few additional types of attacks that ought to make them more interesting to fight and use in maps as opposed to the fairly nondescript behavior seen in the original game. There are early layouts for some other levels but none of them are at any decent state of completion.

I did come back to work on this TC a few times, but with only minimal work put into it as these days I am simply too busy with other projects. I am not sure when or if I'll pick it up again. Nonetheless, I thought it would be useful to post about it here even if most of it is old news for the few who have seen it. It could still be useful for those wishing to play some CyClones into Doom or anyone wishing to make a similar project or even base their work off this one: anyone can modify it and work on it as they see fit. The finished level that's included is a loose remake of the first level from the original game, but definitely not a 1:1 rendition.

Download.

Enjoy!
theroguemonk
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [WIP] CyClones TC

Post by theroguemonk »

i love hte map! can you make much much much more
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

excuse my stupid english i mean MANY MANY MANY MORE .. yes i realize my own faults.. its my superpower
leodoom85

Post by leodoom85 »

Ok........? "Superpowers" won't help with faults.

Anyway...
So, finally releasing this eh? About time you do :)
Caligari87
Admin
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Caligari87 »

@theroguemonk please don't double-post especially if it's off-topic. You can just edit your post next time if you made a mistake.

8-)
Gez

Post by Gez »

Downloaded just for the music.

The water area is very glitchy, because it mixes transfer_height for the water and sector_set3dfloor for the bridge. These two don't work right in the same sector. If the water is turned into a 3D floor too, it'll work much better.Of course the semantic is inversed, so the two control sectors have to be updated so that they cover the "wet" height instead of the "dry" height (floor at target sector floor, height at water surface; instead of floor at water surface and ceiling at target sector ceiling), and some floor/ceiling textures have to be changed accordingly in the control sectors and the target sectors.
theroguemonk

Post by theroguemonk »

levels are awesome! specially out doors!

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”