Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion

Postby Arno » Mon Dec 16, 2019 2:36 pm

I would just like to say: congratulations with the public release of this TC!
I know you've put quite some time and effort into it. It's good to see that you've managed to come up with a full episode to explore the world of Fate. I had a lot of fun beta testing it and I hope others will enjoy it too. Looking forward to the palette improvements,
User avatar
Arno
 
Joined: 16 Dec 2019

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

Postby theroguemonk » Fri Dec 27, 2019 10:50 am

actually i think you have a fun game here but you dont take it seroiusly it seems because of the sounds ... if the sounds were not there i would think this was legitimate a seroius good game mod...its still fun but i would rather it be really taking it self more seroiusly
theroguemonk
Banned User
 
Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Github ID: monk
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

Postby Redneckerz » Fri Dec 27, 2019 2:01 pm

theroguemonk wrote:actually i think you have a fun game here but you dont take it seroiusly it seems because of the sounds ... if the sounds were not there i would think this was legitimate a seroius good game mod...its still fun but i would rather it be really taking it self more seroiusly

What is exactly wrong with the sounds that you assume the author does not seem to take this effort seriously?

That to me is a weird angle to lend criticism to.
User avatar
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team
 
Joined: 25 Nov 2019
Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

Postby Hyperstyle » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:37 am

90 percent of the sounds are from the original game. This is how 1996 sounds for a small developer. :-)
Hyperstyle
 
Joined: 25 Apr 2018

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

Postby Captain J » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:12 am

This... Was an excellent experience. Felt like i went back in the past there! Weapons, enemies, destroyable objects, maps and the locked doors are very accurate to the original counterpart, although i never heard of and not even played it before. But it's all there, it's very, again, accurate!

But i must confess that the enemies are harder to beat with all the weapons available. Overall projectiles' speed and the damage output are quite weak, while enemies hurt you so bad. It slightly gets better after you get a Destroyer, but it consumes way too much ammo in a single click.

Incendiary Bow is quite fun to look at. Not sure how it works, but it just won't stop moving when it get stuck into the enemy, and then explode. And here's the funnier fact: It also affects on dead corpses, making it finicky to use.

Also are Flail balls actually worth using? It stunlocks the enemy, sure. But it must be a direct hit, and the damage output is just... Meh.

I guess those were suppose to be in the original game as well? Ow well, really neat and retrospective mod!
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

Postby theroguemonk » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:39 am

i love this mod let me help you with weapons sprites... let me know if you want to i can really upgrade their looks
theroguemonk
Banned User
 
Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Github ID: monk
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

Postby theroguemonk » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:48 am

Redneckerz wrote:
theroguemonk wrote:actually i think you have a fun game here but you dont take it seroiusly it seems because of the sounds ... if the sounds were not there i would think this was legitimate a seroius good game mod...its still fun but i would rather it be really taking it self more seroiusly

What is exactly wrong with the sounds that you assume the author does not seem to take this effort seriously?

That to me is a weird angle to lend criticism to.


oh i didnt mean he didnt do hard work .. i said ... the sound of the player when you cant open soething seem very com


UPDATE

i am already working on a remaster of the weapons
theroguemonk
Banned User
 
Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Github ID: monk
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

Postby theroguemonk » Tue Feb 04, 2020 3:12 pm

can we please get a version we can use in normal maps? like other mods wher eyou get the weapons and enemies but can use it in the normal maps? .. i am still working on the game
theroguemonk
Banned User
 
Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Github ID: monk
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

Postby skdursh » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:34 pm

theroguemonk wrote:can we please get a version we can use in normal maps? like other mods wher eyou get the weapons and enemies but can use it in the normal maps? .. i am still working on the game


...dude. Don't spam, use the edit comment button. Also, it's kinda really rude of you to just declare that you are working on the mod now after criticizing the sounds and implying that you could do better with the sprites (which I seriously doubt) and start then demanding things from the actual author while the mod is still being developed. Maybe there is some sort of language barrier here or you're just young, but you're going about all of this in completely the wrong way.
skdursh
 
Joined: 03 Jul 2019

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

Postby theroguemonk » Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:10 pm

skdursh wrote:
theroguemonk wrote:can we please get a version we can use in normal maps? like other mods wher eyou get the weapons and enemies but can use it in the normal maps? .. i am still working on the game


...dude. Don't spam, use the edit comment button. Also, it's kinda really rude of you to just declare that you are working on the mod now after criticizing the sounds and implying that you could do better with the sprites (which I seriously doubt) and start then demanding things from the actual author while the mod is still being developed. Maybe there is some sort of language barrier here or you're just young, but you're going about all of this in completely the wrong way.


dont screw up whawt i am saying..

1. i didnt say the sound was bad i just think it was strange
2. i never said i can do better... i said i can help with making the sprites better . it has nothing to do with his skill as a spriter .. for all i know he migh tbe way better then me.
3. i was unsure if i had to edit that last post or i could post it as the subjects seemed very different to me.

totally honest i am a fan of this post you didnt mention that post i did saying this mod is amazing and its a great fun game to me almost forget its doom ... if anything i wan tto contribute to the mod .. i am only a spriter i dont do code i could not do anything ... i want to contribute and make it greater ( in my eyes ) with more modern looking psrites..... but its contributing to this great mod not correcting it by any means.. in fact most people might like the retro style of the weapons styles over modern
theroguemonk
Banned User
 
Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Github ID: monk
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

Postby Hyperstyle » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:06 am

Captain J wrote:This... Was an excellent experience. Felt like i went back in the past there! Weapons, enemies, destroyable objects, maps and the locked doors are very accurate to the original counterpart, although i never heard of and not even played it before. But it's all there, it's very, again, accurate!

But i must confess that the enemies are harder to beat with all the weapons available. Overall projectiles' speed and the damage output are quite weak, while enemies hurt you so bad. It slightly gets better after you get a Destroyer, but it consumes way too much ammo in a single click.

Incendiary Bow is quite fun to look at. Not sure how it works, but it just won't stop moving when it get stuck into the enemy, and then explode. And here's the funnier fact: It also affects on dead corpses, making it finicky to use.

Also are Flail balls actually worth using? It stunlocks the enemy, sure. But it must be a direct hit, and the damage output is just... Meh.

I guess those were suppose to be in the original game as well? Ow well, really neat and retrospective mod!


Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. The arrows from the bow are become seeking missiles when hitting their targets. Does not make much sense, mostly just for a fun effect. I agree that flail balls could do more damage / be more effective. They are not from the original game. In an update I'm going to upgrade these and the destroyer. I want it to use a different ammo type (like in the original demo). That way, more mini rockets will be available for the rocket rifle.
Hyperstyle
 
Joined: 25 Apr 2018

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

Postby Hyperstyle » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:17 am

theroguemonk wrote:i love this mod let me help you with weapons sprites... let me know if you want to i can really upgrade their looks


Thanks for you comments. I don't want to modify the original weapon sprites (fists, rocket rifle, staff, machinegun), because I want it to look like the original demo version. I think I only added frames to the rocket rifle. The other weapons could probably be Improved ( because I made the sprites :D ).
If you want a gameplay mod with only the weapons and / or enemies, Its okay if somebody wants to make that.
Hyperstyle
 
Joined: 25 Apr 2018

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

Postby Redneckerz » Wed Feb 05, 2020 9:27 am

theroguemonk wrote:oh i didnt mean he didnt do hard work .. i said ... the sound of the player when you cant open soething seem very com


UPDATE

i am already working on a remaster of the weapons

I think the language barrier is causing issues here, because i have literally no idea what you are trying to say here. I take it that yes you aren't saying the author didn't do hard work

This, however:
theroguemonk wrote:actually i think you have a fun game here but you dont take it seroiusly it seems because of the sounds ... if the sounds were not there i would think this was legitimate a seroius good game mod...its still fun but i would rather it be really taking it self more seroiusly

Is pretty clear cut.
User avatar
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team
 
Joined: 25 Nov 2019
Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

Postby theroguemonk » Fri Feb 07, 2020 2:31 pm

Redneckerz wrote:
theroguemonk wrote:oh i didnt mean he didnt do hard work .. i said ... the sound of the player when you cant open soething seem very com


UPDATE

i am already working on a remaster of the weapons

I think the language barrier is causing issues here, because i have literally no idea what you are trying to say here. I take it that yes you aren't saying the author didn't do hard work

This, however:
theroguemonk wrote:actually i think you have a fun game here but you dont take it seroiusly it seems because of the sounds ... if the sounds were not there i would think this was legitimate a seroius good game mod...its still fun but i would rather it be really taking it self more seroiusly

Is pretty clear cut.


what is clear cut?

fact is the sound when you press a wall is not fitting in my opinion thats as easy as it gets to explain what i meant... i never meant this is a bad mod in fact i think its one of the best mods i have played when it comes to game play
theroguemonk
Banned User
 
Joined: 05 Nov 2019
Github ID: monk
Operating System: Other OS Not Listed Here
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Fate: A Doom Total Conversion (IWAD release 1st episode)

Postby Redneckerz » Sat Feb 08, 2020 5:12 am

theroguemonk wrote:
what is clear cut?

fact is the sound when you press a wall is not fitting in my opinion thats as easy as it gets to explain what i meant... i never meant this is a bad mod in fact i think its one of the best mods i have played when it comes to game play

You are saying the author does not take things seriously, and you refer to the sounds as an example of it.
User avatar
Redneckerz
To it's ports i may have seen
Spotlight Team
 
Joined: 25 Nov 2019
Discord: Redneckerz#8399
Operating System: Windows Vista/7/2008 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

PreviousNext

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests