[Release] WhoDunIt MAX: [M]utilator + [A]bilities + [X]pack

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: [Release] The Mutilator [Multiplayer Survival Horror mod

Postby Zeberpal » Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:30 am

A year after the release players got bored over two maps. So I've made a self-generating map. Since it's for Zandronum port, it doesn't use everyone's favorite portals method, only good old ACS.
Players sit in the cinema theatre waiting for the movie to start, and once it does they get sucked into the film.
There are 6 random movies out there to start:

MOVIE THEME - VILLAIN:
•Space - Alien
•Tomb - Mummy
•Polar Station - The Thing
•City Streets = Terminator
•Mansion - Yurei
•Dune - Troops

Spoiler:

Gameplay has also changed a bit. It's a complete darkness around, however you have a Flashlight with a limited battery to help you moving around. Just like HL2 - it's important to balance energy between sprint and flashlight. If you're out of battery you can still orientate by the marks between the intersections, which is not easy to do. All the quest marks are on the radar now. Solve quests around the map avoiding the Mutilator-Player. Like the other maps there is a secret ending in this one, not yet unlocked by anybody.
Because sending a geometry changes seems to be quite expensive in Zandronum and would certainly losspacket-crash the players, a generating process is extended up to half-a-minute.

Apart from the new map:
• optimized the mod gathering a huge number of processes to clientside deburtherning server->client 20x times.
• as a bonus there is a voting system for WhoDunIt allowing players to vote(or not) for various gameplay mutators(Nightmare difficulty for the Murderer, One Hit Kill, etc). The Mutilator haters can also vote to disallow the mod maps within WDI.
• in addition to 2D minigame spectators/dead players can play as a secret character(Maneater or Holy spirit) in the main mode, to ease their pain waiting for the next round. Spectator winners are gifted a bonus the next map.
Zeberpal

Postby Colerx » Thu Feb 11, 2021 5:36 pm

This one nice!!! Gonna try it with my friends . Great job!
Colerx

Postby Zeberpal » Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:12 am

You're welcome! (:

Map generating GIF, click to view
there could be more complicated and interesting seeds, but simply lack of time to do them.
Last edited by Zeberpal on Sun Jun 27, 2021 12:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Zeberpal

Postby Colerx » Fri Feb 12, 2021 1:12 pm

Zeberpal wrote:You're welcome! (:

:) , I was going to download to give it a try but download has gone, I guess you are doing some updates, I'll gladly wait for it then :)
Colerx

Re: [Release] WhoDunIt MAX: [M]utilator + [A]bilities + [X]p

Postby Zeberpal » Sun Jun 27, 2021 1:10 pm

An RPG addon for Who Dun It released within the MAX package ( the[M]utilator + rpg[A]bilities + e[X]pack)
You're able to level up in a 4 various skill trees: Offense, Persona, Defense and Witchcraft.

The addon is made to diversify the gameplay, there are no imbalances in it that would somehow strongly move the original gameplay.
Experience is given at the end of the round, depending on various factors. Plus, if player waits on the server for other players from 5:00 PM to 0:00 AM UTC, a little experience is also given.
Experience can be spent unlocking these very abilities and lengthening the scale of their usage. The longer it is, the more abilities you can use in the n-th amount of time.
I'm afraid to lie, this might be the first Doom mod where status progress is actually saved online.

S C R E E N S H O T S
Spoiler:

It seems Zdoom community is quite absent in this gamemode, so I'm gonna spoiler some of the Abilities you can unlock, if you want to try it out yourself, you might want not to look into it:

A B I L I T I E S
Spoiler:

P.S. P O L L R E S U L T S, while testing a new WDI Voting feature, decided to arrange various polls for random doomers. The results are displayed below :shock:
Spoiler:
Zeberpal

Previous

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects